KOF anime announced

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

KOF anime announced

Post by Femto »

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/03/index.html

-The anime is made by Production IG
-Character design illusts for anime including Kyo, K', Ash and Alba were shown during the MMBB Online Game Fiesta

A full blown anime/OVA sounds too good to be true, so I think it could just be the intro to one of the upcoming KOF games. I hope Falcoon (the fat guy in the page and the illustrator in '03) is not handling anything here.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I can't read anything on the page but if there will be an KOF Anime that would be cool.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Sounds really Swank.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I can't read the page either, but there is Kyo design sheet in there which is the only solid information we have of the series right now.

And what the hell is swank?
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I hope its better than the Tekken anime.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Swank= Really cool.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Most fighters that get turned into an animation come out horrible.

Tekken (This was just pure shit)
Virtua Fighter
Gowcaiser
Street Fighter II V
Fatal Fury
Street Fighter Zero (it was so-so)
Samurai Shodown

I did like Fatal Fury The Motion Picture and Street Fighter the Animated Movie
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Most fighter games turned anime goes to the shithouse, mostly because fighters have no story behind it at all. Mostly simple and basic crap.

It's just a general rule that games to anime conversion always fail. The small minority that succeed are just plain lucky, or they have a different aspect to their game counterpart that makes it entertaining. I've seen 4 episodes of Xenosaga anime, and I thought while it was alright, it was certainly not worth the time taken to download.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You're forgetting that KOF has some of the greatest storylines ever to appear in a fighting game.

Still, I'm skeptical about this to say the least. One can never lose hope I guess.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

okay it might not have been an anime but the first mortal kombat movie was very good.... second was also entertaining but not as much as part 1
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I love the MK movie!

A KoF anime that be cool, i might actually download it while I"m waiting for a real Guilty Gear anime. I suspect they may do each episode to focus on one character till halfway through when it puts them all together for some random stuff.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The first MK movie was good to me. The second felt too white trash for some reason.

I would love for there to be a guilty gear animation, but a KOF anime is equally good. Character design for the game series is just kick ass. I just hope the anime puts Shen Woo in there some where since he's one of my new favorites. Alba can just die. He sucks.

If I were to direct this thing I would make it true to the fans.

-The first arc would be Terry Bogard and crew in the 1st KOF tournament held by Geese. Most fans would hate this arc due to it not having Kyo and company in there. But Fatal Fury 1 is the FIRST KOF tournament.

-The second arc would go into the second tournament which Rugal held and would follow into the Orochi Saga.

-Third arc would introduce NEST with K' and crew. I would be afraid to put in K9999 in due to liscencing issues with Akira.

-Fourth arc would introduce this new Orochi group which is forming and would introduce Ash and the rest of the gang.

But the Production I.G. anime probably will have nothing to do with the KOF we know.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

We will have to wait and see if it is shit or not, but out of joy that any thing is being attempted I will say, Hawt!!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Just saw the trailer and the animation looks pretty damn good. I'm actually kind of excited from seeing some of the fight scenes...especially the one where Iori is OWNING Soiree.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

heh remember the street fighter movie with jean claude van damme, next time they oughta pay me to watch that crap xD
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

The electroshocked Bison. :)

The Movie was good, but I was I kid when it came out so don't trust me. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

http://www.skariod.com/wp-admin/comment ... of.com.zip

Only 6 minutes long....kind of disappointing...You have to go into it thinking "hey this is just another regular KOF ending, but animated."

If you're not a big fan of KOF don't bother downloading it.