Eureka 7!!

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Oro
Evil Genius

Eureka 7!!

Post by Oro »

I am very very very very very shocked by you guys,you got a thread for gayass shit like Gundam Seed Destiny but not Eureka 7,which is 1 one of the best anime of this season.Go watch it right now you fools!

http://www.nanashi-fansubs.com/
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hahahahaha, I've only downloaded the first 2 episodes, but I haven't watched it yet. It's on my 'to be watched' list, along with FMP episode 3. Downloaded but couldn't be bothered to watch, heh.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I've heard about it, but it just seemed ghey to me. Guess I'll have to give it a shot...
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

story:
Renton is a 14-year old boy who occasionally helps out his father as a mechanic. But his feelings of dissatisfaction and frustration grows as his mundane and routine work clouds his visions for his future and he dreams of flying around the world. It isn't until one day, a large human-like mech, a LFO(Light Finding Operation), falls from the sky in front of Renton and appearing from the depths of the machine is a beautiful young girl named Eureka. And as she asks the dumbfounded Renton for repairs, the two will embark upon a fantastic journey into the unknown.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Dark...wtf? thats not even the story.
Series Info:
Eureka 7 takes place on a planet that has been colonized by human beings in the distant future. The human settlements on this world are all clustered around giant towers that collect a strange form of ion called “trapper particles” from the planet’s atmosphere. The planet is ruled by a government called the “Federation of Tower States”, that is essentially a loose confederation of the different human cities.

Colonization on this planet happened a few hundred years ago, and since then the planet’s economy has taken a turn for the worse. The protagonist of the series is a young man named Renton, who is bored and unhappy with life on his quiet little planet. His father is of course a long-dead planetary hero, so he lives with his grandfather and works as a mechanic. Renton’s life is fairly dull, and his favorite respite from boredom on his dingy planet is a sport called “Reef”. In “Reef”, athletes called “Reef riders” utilize the planet’s layer of trapper ions to surf on the air.

The major secondary character and namesake of the series is Eureka, an idealistic and mysterious young girl who pilots a giant robot called the “Gekko-Go LFO Rider Nirvash”.
Anyone who think this series sounds or is lame,is the biggest retard ever,cuz unlike Destiny it doesnt put me to sleep after 5 mins .
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

oo yeah Destiny sucks no argument there. But we will see about this. I'm on a FMP trip right now.
"Context is for Kings"
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Nazgûl wrote:Dark...wtf? thats not even the story.
Series Info:
Eureka 7 takes place on a planet that has been colonized by human beings in the distant future. The human settlements on this world are all clustered around giant towers that collect a strange form of ion called “trapper particles” from the planet’s atmosphere. The planet is ruled by a government called the “Federation of Tower States”, that is essentially a loose confederation of the different human cities.

Colonization on this planet happened a few hundred years ago, and since then the planet’s economy has taken a turn for the worse. The protagonist of the series is a young man named Renton, who is bored and unhappy with life on his quiet little planet. His father is of course a long-dead planetary hero, so he lives with his grandfather and works as a mechanic. Renton’s life is fairly dull, and his favorite respite from boredom on his dingy planet is a sport called “Reef”. In “Reef”, athletes called “Reef riders” utilize the planet’s layer of trapper ions to surf on the air.

The major secondary character and namesake of the series is Eureka, an idealistic and mysterious young girl who pilots a giant robot called the “Gekko-Go LFO Rider Nirvash”.
Anyone who think this series sounds or is lame,is the biggest retard ever,cuz unlike Destiny it doesnt put me to sleep after 5 mins .
erm i took that off the website of nanashi fansubs so it better damn well be the story.... And damn this is another of them super long series.... 50 eps are scheduled
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Its from the same production campany that did FMA anime,thats why i have high hopes for this one.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well I can honestly agree with you that Eureka 7 is a really great series :D
And the reason why I didn´t start a new thread on this, was cause I´m still a newbie :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nazgûl wrote:Anyone who think this series sounds or is lame,is the biggest retard ever,cuz unlike Destiny it doesnt put me to sleep after 5 mins .
Took 10 minutes eh? :)
I'll check it out later.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I must say I was positively suprised by the first episode. I think I'll stick with this series.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I really thought you were shitting me about the series but I actually really like it :D
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

so i guess a nick-name for a "reef-rider" would be "reefer" :kekeke:
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Ha, I like both Destiny and Eureka 7. While I do like Eureka 7 slightly better, I'm more interested in Destiny simply because the releases are more consistent.

Nevertheless, Eureka 7 is a nice series and I recommend that everyone at least watch a few episodes to see if it fits his or her taste.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Seem´s like thing´s really is starting to take off in this series now :D

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Episode 12 is out

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Finally some new episodes.

Was a little sad that Rentons uncle got arrested now, just cause Renton has tagged along the Gekko-Go..

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Ok I know this thread is dead, but I just finished watching Episodes 1-36 of Eureka Seven this past week and I gotta say it's a pretty freaking enjoyable anime. Especially parts where Renton finally comes to realize the reality that this is a war.

There were times when I thought that they would take an Evangelion route...which would have pissed me off...but they completely throw a curve ball at you and switch things up.

Recently I've been getting quite pissed with all these animes that have not forseeable ending to them....such as Nartuo and Bleach. It brings me comfort that this anime is only 50 episodes. Out of the 36 episodes I've watched so far only 1 or 2 have let me down.

I hope it gets the recognition it deserves with American audiences. It's not the best anime in the world, but it sure does bring enough goodies to the table to make me want to come for more.
peedu
imanewbie

Post by peedu »

ive seen a few eps.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

peedu wrote:ive seen a few eps.
What exactly is your point?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

LAY DOWN THE FLAME!!! jk

hmm i wish i saw this thread sooner (though i rarely go in the anime forums), my old roommate was apart of the sub team that did this show, he was telling me they had like a bunch of episodes all subbed but were just lazy to release them. He was telling me also that they would only release an episode only if they hit a certain quota, ie. donation or forum members, i dono.

but now that i noticed it on CN, eh w/e.
NoX
imanewbie

Post by NoX »

I've seen few eps, and didn't like this anime + i don't like mecha.Oro I can't understand why do you think it is one of the best anime this season.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

I've seen it on Adultswim a coule of times, it kinda put me off because of the whole robot thing. Anyone has something to say that makes this anime worthwhile to watch, besides it being from studio BONES?
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

I enjoyed eureka 7 the second season really kicks it off with a sad set of circumstances :(
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Eureka 7!!

Post by The Herald »

I first thought that Eureka 7 was awesome because they were on another planet other than Earth and had lost contact with the people on Earth. But, no luck. My version of Eureka 7 turned out the be cooler than the real version. Why does every anime have to end with some wierd shit happening that makes no sense?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil