Ares

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

martyr3810
Mastered PM

Ares

Post by martyr3810 »

Normally all I see is the mainstream stuff discussed here so I figured I'd advert for some up and coming stuff.

Ares, new series I found a bit ago, good stuff, definently has potential.
Only read the first volume so far tho.

Can't really give a summary without spoilers but if I had to characterize it I'd say a Freaky kinda cross between Gensoumaden Saiyuki, Berserk and One Piece. Definently not the normal style.

No HTML download spots so I'll host vol1 on rapidshare...
http://rapidshare.de/files/3567487/Ares ... _.zip.html

Interested/Want more? You can find it on IRC #k-manga on IRChighway or on the bots of #lurk and #ckmoney - also on IRChighway.

P.S. This might actually belong in the dangu and other manwha thread but I honestly don't know if its manwha or manga... the scanlators dont even say lol but they tend to do more manwha than manga so I suspect.
Anyway, comments guys?
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

http://dailymanga.org/index.php?menu=Se ... _manga=540
The auteur name looks korean enough to me :)

Yeah pretty good action manwha try it at least, only thing I dont like is the art, but its not that bad.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks for the heads up since its manwha i download it. I'm short of manhwas now that i have read all of CG,Shin Angyo,Dangu.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I like Ares too. I have no idea completely what the story or the politic's about, but it's a pretty good read.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Finito

Post by Finito »

Ares at war again! Action pack for at least the next 10 chapters, it just ownz!
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Volume 11-18 are up!

Get it here Image

silverado
Finito

Post by Finito »

Nj, big thanks to you :thumbsup:
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

@finito How far have you got with cleaning the Zombie Hunter raws? Could we release them on mangahelpers and ask somebody to translate the remaining four chapters? If this doesnt work, we could ask kmts. It should be a cake.

silverado
Finito

Post by Finito »

Well school started and its taking alot of my time, but I havent given up on it. Im just working way slower than when I dont have school.

22-23 are done, 24 half done, 25-26=-1
MangaFreak hasnt found a japenese translator yet, so they didnt start working on it, or if they did, im not aware of it.

If you can have them translated on Mangahelpers, go ahead, and if some people want to help clean 25-26, it would definitely go faster.

I said to MangaFreak I would clean the raws exclusively for them for a timelimit. But if you release them on Mangahelpers ill just probably post mine to save everybody some time. I just dont like when people(groups) try to monopolize a project, so I wont do the same to others.

Edit: If you do release them on Mangahelpers, do post the link here or let me know.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Finito

Post by Finito »

You happen to have some japenese raw?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

This is just a question: I believe you belong to another group if you clean raws. Do you have a good reason to conduct this business here? Is your forum down for the moment?

PM Silverado if necessary, it would be cool if you try to keep the thread clean.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Im not in any group and find the concept of scanlation groups lame.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Mmh, why is that?
Finito

Post by Finito »

Because the groups are stopping many projects from being done by the fact that people dont share their raws, manpower, knowledge for the profit of their own groups.
But in this greedy world, im aware that an open scanlation community wouldnt work, because no one or almost nobody would work on scanlation if their wasnt somekind of reward at the end, where comes the fame the groups obtain, or any gratification that comes with it.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It's not really true, Mangahelpers being a good example of it. I like the concept, and keep an eye on this community.

What you say about groups is somewhat true. I believe though that some groups at least (EG being one) do it out of sheer fandom. And it's not like groups are hiding raws, there is many resources for anybody to get raws (Psi or Eldo could tell you more about that, I don't fish for raws). If you scanlate stuffs to get thanked (that's all you can get) by internet retards, then something is wrong with these people. THe greedy point is moot, as you don't get money for that (there's some exception, but nobody like them).

However groups have the advantage to dish out a consistent stream of releases, with an overall high quality (which cannot be said from "freelances"). At the end I believe it's all benefit to the community.

That being said, this site is a group site. That's how we function, and we like to keep it reserved for EG stuffs when you want to advertise, promote or want to realize scanlation. If you are eager to scanlate, throw a PM to Eldo, I'm sure he'll find you a project that you like.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Yeah, I know mangahelpers, Im a member there. I like it and it reflects well how I see things, but its not big enough if you ask me. It's only 1% of what it could be. And not much gets done on the overall small number of requests.
But like I said, groups are mostly the only options for some work to be done. Quality standards was advantaged by the groups, because it was a way to compare and compete with eachothers and gain more fame from it.
Yes indeed, in the end it is a benefit to the community, but I think much more could be done if everyone worked together.

About the promotion or advertising, I know I shouldnt have talked about it, its not polite to do business in someone's else working place. Im just used to posting instead of pming so that people can join in the conversation, my mistake.

But I think, since this is mindwerks forums, and that EG is a scanlation group, EG not permitting the interaction of some free scanlation community in their forums can be seen as a sort of censorship, stopping other the growth of the community and a way of keeping their fans to themselves. But since groups are a necessity to scanlation, I dont really blame them for playing along to this point, because I do the same with politics and just follow the flow.

I was looking at the rules here
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=446
And didnt find anything on promoting and advertising, except that Mods, Admins are always right, if I missed it plz excuse me for what follows and for taking your time.
So I was thinking if you understand my point of view, maybe EG could show some understanding to the scanlation community and let us ask for support about scanlation on the forums, but maybe not too much also like doing some recruitment on the forums would be restricted and stuff.

This is so out of the threads context...
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It may look like something as big as censorship or keeping the fan (as far as I'm concerned, we don't even care about these things), it's more like general annoyance.

Anyway you got my point and I got yours, it's all good.

Can somebody talk about Ares, cause I have no idea what this manga is.

Hail Eldo!

Edit: errr I missed the end of your post. I don't think we will allow that, for simple reason: like we say at home: "donne une main, et on te prends le bras". We just don't want to bother with this kind of stuffs and regulating it. The purpose of mangahelpers is exactly what you are looking for, it is not ours. One thing that has been acceptable so far is to advertise Mangahelpers, as soon as it's done you can go do your business over there. It shouldn't go any further on this forums (even though they are mindwerks forum, they are very closely related to EG, at least for now). Actually Mangahelpers is even advertised on the blog front page (I think).
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ares is a young man who joins the strongest mercenary army on the continent, while getting in he make friends with other strong young fighters. They get paid as an army to stop some rebelions, join in for the wars and other stuff like fighting assassins trying to kill some princess. A little like the Band of the Hawks at their debut. While all those events happen you learn more about the main characters pasts like how they got so strong and stuff. Its an action packed manga for those who love action and dont mind too much about the art.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

It was my fault for asking about it. I was just curious about the cleaning progress and I simply forgot that this is EG's stumpleground. I'm sorry about the bother. So if you want you can delete the related posts.

(If this is allowed: Finito, I want to check the cleaned raws so can you send me a link for the cleaned chaps over PM? thx :) )

About Ares, yeah it's a hell of a manhwa. I recommend it too!

silverado
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

There is only one problem with Ares,its that K-manga are uber slow.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Can't be helped.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Check your pms silverado

Edit: I gtg now, cya tommorow or later.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

Is there any manga distro channel other than lurk?
I'm d/l at 7 Kb!!!