Azan's Return

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, if the rest wasn't enough, that feather mustache really gives it away.
Last edited by Starnum on Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Mebbe it's his second cousin's uncle who looks exactly like him.... :twisted:

Seriously, the mood, the actions, the movements, his skills....they'll undeniably Azan.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Kaze
imanewbie

Post by Kaze »

Just after seeing the images I even feel more that he's Azan. If you look at it the new mustaches seems like the first ones wornt out. Probably something happened to make him lose the good-cleric-protector life. Now he seems more like a vagabond knight... starving with his armor wornt out and all that..
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

it's Azan.
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

I said this back at dp and I still think he was probably fired for everything that happened, since the ideal scapegoats ran away with the guy they captured but failed to keep. Since Azzy was left holding the bag for all that shit, I'm assuming he's back to his old name and profession, though obviously clinging to his old code.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:I said this back at dp and I still think he was probably fired for everything that happened, since the ideal scapegoats ran away with the guy they captured but failed to keep. Since Azzy was left holding the bag for all that shit, I'm assuming he's back to his old name and profession, though obviously clinging to his old code.
good point
azan is a good man with very good values but he couldn't avoid what happened
Get bitten by me
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

There is a big chance that Azan didn't return to the vatican and wandered around for the rest of the days. Because:

1) He'll have to narc on Farnese
2) No one would believe him
3) It goes against/contradicts the very faith they believe in
4) He lost his obligation as a knight, after seeing people kill themselves

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Dark_Zilo wrote:it's Azan.
Yes it is
ImageImage
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Eldo wrote:There is a big chance that Azan didn't return to the vatican and wandered around for the rest of the days. Because:

we sure cleared up my doubts there.
and also if he had returned to the vatican we would probably be executed
Get bitten by me
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

bahh everyones against dos :(
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Dark_Zilo wrote:
and also if he had returned to the vatican we would probably be executed
Why don't we leave the roleplaying to ourselves? :)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

prolly a typo
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

sorry about that. that was probably my last post of the day and i was less atentive to errors instead of we it should read he
Get bitten by me
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

nah dos, i was joking hence the smiley.
no need to explain yourself zilo.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i c
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Eldo wrote:There is a big chance that Azan didn't return to the vatican and wandered around for the rest of the days. Because:

1) Since he had no idea where Farnese was going and she was AWOL no matter what he said, narcing woulnd't be a big deal. All he had to do was say she left and what reasons she gave.
2) There were, thanks to the actions of Mogus and Azan himself, more survivors then usually remain when gatz and casca break all hell loose. Enough that perhaps some more additionally escaped the Kushan. There might even be enough left over to corraborate when the inquest begins (and you know there woudl be a freaking inquest). And considering all the fun new things the Kushan were brinining in, if Azan told them he saw monsters, they might just have to believe him.
3) It would also go against his code of honor NOT to go back and report t the vatican. He was, by my thinking, upset over the whole AWOL thing because now it was him that had to go delver the lovely news.
4) Considering we've seen he still clings to his faith and manners after all that, I think we can conclude that he still keeps his obligations as a knight, especially since he still declares himself as a knight.

So I still say, he did go back. Besides, demotion and humiliation are certianly reasonable, but considering the looming war situation, I doubt they'd execute the one high ranking officer both competent enough to survive and loyal enough to actually come back to them. (as opposed to the actual commander, who again, ran off to follow a heretic she captured and then could not keep, and who had stabbed their priest)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:

1) Since he had no idea where Farnese was going and she was AWOL no matter what he said, narcing woulnd't be a big deal. All he had to do was say she left and what reasons she gave.
2) There were, thanks to the actions of Mogus and Azan himself, more survivors then usually remain when gatz and casca break all hell loose. Enough that perhaps some more additionally escaped the Kushan. There might even be enough left over to corraborate when the inquest begins (and you know there woudl be a freaking inquest). And considering all the fun new things the Kushan were brinining in, if Azan told them he saw monsters, they might just have to believe him.
3) It would also go against his code of honor NOT to go back and report to the vatican. He was, by my thinking, upset over the whole AWOL thing because now it was him that had to go delver the lovely news.
4) Considering we've seen he still clings to his faith and manners after all that, I think we can conclude that he still keeps his obligations as a knight, especially since he still declares himself as a knight.

So I still say, he did go back. Besides, demotion and humiliation are certianly reasonable, but considering the looming war situation, I doubt they'd execute the one high ranking officer both competent enough to survive and loyal enough to actually come back to them. (as opposed to the actual commander, who again, ran off to follow a heretic she captured and then could not keep, and who had stabbed their priest)
1) Just before Farnese left she told Azan that he was going to follow the Black Swordsman. It's not too hard to track him down, since wherever Gats goes, he leaves a trail of destruction with him. Remember that she left on her own will, so they would be under investigation with the Vatican. Azan probably didn't want that, since he knows how interrogation works. Saying why she followed the one she was ordered to capture won't be an easy job to explain. (recall when Farnese said she'll talk to the vatican in the town that was attacked by trolls....and Serpico told her it was impossible)
2) The Vatican is much like Christianity. Nobody believes that the power of Satan is that much stronger than God. If I told you I saw a goat walked and muttered Satan and he told me I should go kill someone, I would be branded a heretic, and of course nobody would believe me. Of course there would be survivors, but they'll too scared to tell, and nobody would believe that either. There would be some coverup job done. I think there'll be too little survivors that lived to tell the story. The kushite creatures are way too different from spirits possessing bodies and eating each other away.
3) The Vatican would not be too pleased to know that the 'dark hawk' has that much power over their god. Yes, it's against the code to not tell the Vatican, but he knows that no one would believe him. It's not too easy saying 'the whole town was engulfed by spirits of the dark hawk and started eating away at each other.'
4) Remember how Azan was protecting the gate, and he said 'I've been betrayed by the ones I am protecting'? He probably lost the obligation as a knight to serve but still upholds the values and beliefs.

First of all, if he was demoted, he probably wouldn't wander the lands looking for food and shelter. He's a high ranking officer, he doesn't need to be in the Vatican, he could easily transfer to the front lines instead.

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Eldo wrote:4) Remember how Azan was protecting the gate, and he said 'I've been betrayed by the ones I am protecting'? He probably lost the obligation as a knight to serve but still upholds the values and beliefs.
ahh very good point. he does say how the gates locked out him and the other civilians to die. he didn't expect something like that to happen again, so he prolly left after dis second time.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Eldo wrote: 1) Just before Farnese left she told Azan that he was going to follow the Black Swordsman. It's not too hard to track him down, since wherever Gats goes, he leaves a trail of destruction with him. Remember that she left on her own will, so they would be under investigation with the Vatican. Azan probably didn't want that, since he knows how interrogation works. Saying why she followed the one she was ordered to capture won't be an easy job to explain. (recall when Farnese said she'll talk to the vatican in the town that was attacked by trolls....and Serpico told her it was impossible)
2) The Vatican is much like Christianity. Nobody believes that the power of Satan is that much stronger than God. If I told you I saw a goat walked and muttered Satan and he told me I should go kill someone, I would be branded a heretic, and of course nobody would believe me. Of course there would be survivors, but they'll too scared to tell, and nobody would believe that either. There would be some coverup job done. I think there'll be too little survivors that lived to tell the story. The kushite creatures are way too different from spirits possessing bodies and eating each other away.
3) The Vatican would not be too pleased to know that the 'dark hawk' has that much power over their god. Yes, it's against the code to not tell the Vatican, but he knows that no one would believe him. It's not too easy saying 'the whole town was engulfed by spirits of the dark hawk and started eating away at each other.'
4) Remember how Azan was protecting the gate, and he said 'I've been betrayed by the ones I am protecting'? He probably lost the obligation as a knight to serve but still upholds the values and beliefs.

First of all, if he was demoted, he probably wouldn't wander the lands looking for food and shelter. He's a high ranking officer, he doesn't need to be in the Vatican, he could easily transfer to the front lines instead.
Granted, he probably had more then mere demotion. Still, he said, and I quote "Maybe I was running away. Maybe this is a good chance. But, Somebody has to take responsibility for all this". By that, and the events that unfolded before that, with Farness running off and leaving a very upset Azan, I presume that he did what he said he would, even if he did waver for a moment. I say he went back.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

Eldo wrote: 1) Just before Farnese left she told Azan that he was going to follow the Black Swordsman. It's not too hard to track him down, since wherever Gats goes, he leaves a trail of destruction with him.
You might be giving Gats a bit too much credit there. The country is being invaded by a foreign army, and with the return of the Hawks, one rogue swordsman probably won't garner as much attention as apostles run amok. And with the exception of the village attacked by trolls, they really have been going out of their way to avoid attention. Plus, the village might be so far out of the way that not a lot of news comes in and out of the place.

So how did Azan find Gats? Was it fate? Dumb luck? Or perhaps it's just that the town is one of the few places left in the country not controlled by the Kushan?
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Trant wrote: So how did Azan find Gats? Was it fate? Dumb luck? Or perhaps it's just that the town is one of the few places left in the country not controlled by the Kushan?
He didn't find him. No indications have been given he was even looking for him to begin with. This is coincidence.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well as we all can see we're just gona have to wait for the new chapter. And thats a wrap!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Awww, I wanted to keep arguing with Eldo. Now that the forum is pure and new (for now, I'm sure the noobs will return) it's refreshing to have an argument that doesn't call into question sexuality or mothers, but rather relies on logic and valid points.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What the fuck are you talking about? Your mother must be ghey. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:
Eldo wrote: 1) Just before Farnese left she told Azan that he was going to follow the Black Swordsman. It's not too hard to track him down, since wherever Gats goes, he leaves a trail of destruction with him. Remember that she left on her own will, so they would be under investigation with the Vatican. Azan probably didn't want that, since he knows how interrogation works. Saying why she followed the one she was ordered to capture won't be an easy job to explain. (recall when Farnese said she'll talk to the vatican in the town that was attacked by trolls....and Serpico told her it was impossible)

Granted, he probably had more then mere demotion. Still, he said, and I quote "Maybe I was running away. Maybe this is a good chance. But, Somebody has to take responsibility for all this". By that, and the events that unfolded before that, with Farness running off and leaving a very upset Azan, I presume that he did what he said he would, even if he did waver for a moment. I say he went back.
Well, Azan could have easily transferred to another army, since nobody would refuse a living legend. The fact he didn't suggests that he probably didn't returned to the Vatican. And being demoted doesn't mean that he's on the streets penniless and starving for food. They won't demote him that much so he would sink down that level. Now if he was annexed or something...

As for tracking Gats down, how do you think the Vatican tracked him down in the first place? They probably abandoned the search due to a couple of reasons, the highest of command (Farnese) is MIA, and most of the soldiers are dead.

Although I'm just speculating, it might not be what Muira has in store for us. But, hey, this forums is half dead already! There's people who don't want to post because they might get flamed and others just can't be fucked.