Azan's Return

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Buzkashi wrote:Maybe he came to arrest farneze for heresy or sideing with the enemy
not likely, the only one that was really a religious fanatic was farnaze. i don't think he can care less if she sided with gutts
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Eldo wrote: Azan's probably just a side story that will eventually join in the main scenario in the next 5 chapters. The fact that a skilled fighter is reintroduced means that Muira is expecting something GREAT....probably a massive battle or something...
hmmm Now I can see that. Maybe hes being brought in as a dispoable character for some greater fight comming up. Or hell, maybe he's just there due to popular reader demand. I personally like him as a character and look forward to seeing him get some devolpment.
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Azan -> disposable character?
i don't wish that
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Kaze
imanewbie

Post by Kaze »

Well if Azan's back so could be Luca. In a way both were chars that were in the same reserve.

PS: BTW I was shintasogare in the DP forums, hi guys!!^^
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

yes she would be welcomed because she's also a great character

hi kaze aka shintasogare
Get bitten by me
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

With all this wishing to see Luca return we're probably gonna end up seeing Nina again. :lol:
Last edited by Trant on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Trant wrote:With all this wishing to see Luca return we're probably gonna end up seeing Nina again. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

it could happen although i think not
Get bitten by me
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Don't get me wrong, I don't want cool suporting characters to die, but after the eclipse I understand that no character is safe.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh yea seriously.. I myslef am not even sure that Gutts will live. Miura is very undpreictable. For all we know Griffith could be victorious.
Kaze
imanewbie

Post by Kaze »

Buzkashi wrote:Oh yea seriously.. I myslef am not even sure that Gutts will live. Miura is very undpreictable. For all we know Griffith could be victorious.

That would be fun xD on the other hand i doubt Nina will come back. She was already pretty much a gonner after the tower arc...
JeDi
imanewbie

Post by JeDi »

i think miura will put azan on gut's company .. gut's company still need more powerfull man to go through the journey.
"Death to the False Emperor! Death to the weakling Imperium of Man!"
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

Yea i agree with JeDi on that one at the moment it seems that guts group is somewhat underpar the griffiths, i mean when the time comes for a battle thie odds dont look to good at the moment
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Azan is simply going to go into the army preparing for war with Mule and lord Zaban, we dont have too much info now, I guess some other plot will happen later with those nowhere survivors.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Hell maybe if azan joins the group he'll get that Ice Axe that Gutts passed up.
lm
imanewbie

Post by lm »

I hope Azan doesn't join Guts' group. It's already starting to look too AD&D'ish. There's a fighter (Guts), mage (Schierke), cleric (Farnese), thief (Isidro), ranger (Serpico), plus 2 elves (Puck and the other one). Azan easily fits the paladin's role, so it's becoming too AD&D'ish.

I hope some of these characters get dumped in Elfhelm so the story can get darker like it was before.

Btw, Azan would make a very good melodramatic death. Something to encourage Farnese to become stronger or something like that...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

all these light setting are probably some comic relief.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i still don't think its azan, a cracked-out twin i would say
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well when he finds the food and starts eating he yells, " My Lord" so im thinking is the same Azan.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

yeh but the helmet looks different, plus from the previous chapter he acts way more cracked out about knight stuff than the azan we knew in the retribution and birth rite arcs
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Hmmm maybe he's just had some kinda personal revalation
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

but the armor and more importantly the weapon is different

azan in the retribution arc

supposedly azan in chapter 248
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I think it really is him
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You know, not everyone uses the same weapon every time, not everyones weapon has a high durability like Gutts. Maybe it got worn out or it broke. The overall type of weapon is the same just a little bit different. Same goes with armor.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

For all we know, they just decided to draw his armor and weapon a bit differently. The weapon differs in design (as far as aesthetics go) but it's basically the same weapon: a staff. (Which is why I doubt Azan would use the axe if he joined the group, as well. Isn't it long gone along with the witch's house?)

The helmet is definitely the same. His was very distinct, much like Serpico's old helmet (which I miss)
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Trant wrote:For all we know, they just decided to draw his armor and weapon a bit differently. The weapon differs in design (as far as aesthetics go) but it's basically the same weapon: a staff. (Which is why I doubt Azan would use the axe if he joined the group, as well. Isn't it long gone along with the witch's house?)

The helmet is definitely the same. His was very distinct, much like Serpico's old helmet (which I miss)
Can't forget teh mustache feather
ImageImage