New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Farla
imanewbie

Post by Farla »

I just never really have anything interesting to say, or what I have to say has already been mentioned. I do want to try and become more active, and who knows, I may someday, but for now lurking is my best option until I can feel out these forums a bit.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

this is a nOOb question so i think it suits well here , from how amny post i can change my custom title ? yep a nOObish question i know, but put me out of my ignorance . lol
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

maybe 3000. or the supreme favor of one of the mods
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

MrFelony wrote:maybe 3000. or the supreme favor of one of the mods
nah , just tell me how Felony , you are a good guy...... well i guess lol .
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Only members of EG have custom titles, as far as I know. ;)
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Starnum wrote:Only members of EG have custom titles, as far as I know. ;)
: ( well thanks Starnum , seems like i never would be capable of change my custom title : ( , heck but i can be part of EG ? hmm i dunno like puting out nOObs or something like that ( o no i am a nOOb , so better forget that ) , thanks anyways . : )
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Mmhm...well by EG, I mean the scantalation team, not just being a mod.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Starnum wrote:Mmhm...well by EG, I mean the scantalation team, not just being a mod.
only if i knew how to use Photo shop a little more i could help ( because i don't know japanese or chinese ) so i would help with cleansing , but i am not good with PShop. : (
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

just make becoming psi's favorite member your goal :P
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:
Starnum wrote:Mmhm...well by EG, I mean the scantalation team, not just being a mod.
only if i knew how to use Photo shop a little more i could help ( because i don't know japanese or chinese ) so i would help with cleansing , but i am not good with PShop. : (
Does EG need people for that? :o
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

EvilDmitri wrote:
Gattsblackfalcon wrote:
I can honestly say that not yet, since we currently have the positions filled. But if for the future that we need more editors, Feel free to send me samples of your manga editing work to me.

We have an editor per project. What we don't have is enough translators unfortunately, which explains why chapters aren't released regularly.

As for custom titles, only members of the usergroup (Mindwerks and Evil_Genius) can have them. The only exception is if they are our buddies. Additionally, mods do not have the power to change custom titles, only admins (psi and Killfile) can.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Eldo wrote:
EvilDmitri wrote:
Gattsblackfalcon wrote: only if i knew how to use Photo shop a little more i could help ( because i don't know japanese or chinese ) so i would help with cleansing , but i am not good with PShop. : (
I can honestly say that not yet, since we currently have the positions filled. But if for the future that we need more editors, Feel free to send me samples of your manga editing work to me.

We have an editor per project. What we don't have is enough translators unfortunately, which explains why chapters aren't released regularly.

As for custom titles, only members of the usergroup (Mindwerks and Evil_Genius) can have them. The only exception is if they are our buddies. Additionally, mods do not have the power to change custom titles, only admins (psi and Killfile) can.
Not sure if i'd want to, was just wondering if you guys needed editors :). What does the position entail? Removing the kanji from the untranslated pages and adding in the english? I know photoshop rather well (though truely mastering it can take years >.<) so I might consider it later if needed.
RedDragonXFin
imanewbie

hello all, here's another noob for ya!

Post by RedDragonXFin »

Hello there Berserk addicts! I've been visiting mindwerks.com on and off, but now I want to make it known that I actually exist :D My name is Victor, and I'm a Berserk-aholic. I've liked it ever since I saw the title on blockbuster.com and rented the series. Like Psi29a said in his post, the hardcore fighting and blood and gore captivated me and I was hooked. So here I am!

I don't know what else to write, really. It's almost midnight, and I'm tired...yet I can't go to sleep just yet. However, my brain is starting to shut down, so I'm really incapable of writing anything long. I'm sure you all don't mind though 8)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say that Berserk is friggin' awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to read this all! Hope to read your posts and chat with ya's. :D
Last edited by RedDragonXFin on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Dude an advice never ask about a chapter realise , because its a Felony here . Btw Welcome to Mindwerks :P
Last edited by Gattsblackfalcon on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: hello all, here's another noob for ya!

Post by Eldo »

See, everything was all good until up to this:
RedDragonXFin wrote:Oh, btw, when is the next chapter coming? >.<
And then I stopped caring.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
RedDragonXFin
imanewbie

Post by RedDragonXFin »

I editted and took it out. I learned, I made a mistake, and won't ask again, so don't get so cold! Sorry again

Again, thanks for letting me know too :D
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

LOL , yeah ( I commit the same mistake ) .
RedDragonXFin
imanewbie

Post by RedDragonXFin »

Yeah, in the back of my mind I was wondering, hmmm, is that an appropriate question and is it allowed. I read through the rules and everything when I re-activated my user, and I'm sure I went through something like that. But it makes sense, that it is forbidden :) Anyhoo, take care all! Hope to post more from now on.
Shalabala
imanewbie

Post by Shalabala »

Here, I improved the logo for you

:wink:

p.s. dont ban me plz
carbon based lifeform
RedDragonXFin
imanewbie

Post by RedDragonXFin »

Yeah, thanks. :P How long is everyone gonna keep egging me about it? I get it that I made a bad mistake!!! >.<
Shalabala
imanewbie

Post by Shalabala »

Haha don't worry, wasn't directed at you in particular.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

but you won't get away with it so easy :wink:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

8)

Very nice, you impress me, you may stay.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

wanna make that a mandatory sig for everyone until they hit 10 posts lol
RedDragonXFin
imanewbie

Post by RedDragonXFin »

So I guess I'm now known as the guy who asked about release dates for Berserk chapters in the "New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!" thread. 8) Not the best title, but whatev.

I read through the guidelines and FAQ; I guess I'll post the links for other fellow noobs so they can be aware:
Starnum wrote:Welcome to the Berserk forums. Before you decide to post a question or comment, please read the FAQ. Also, it is beneficial if you read the forum guidelines (a.k.a. rules) as well. This will help decrease your chance of being burnt to a crisp by the regulars. Be sure to also use the search button as well, more than likely we have already covered your topic and there is no need to start your own topic.

Here are some links that should help you out:

Forum wide guidelines:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=446

Berserk FAQ:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121

--- das Management
I guess just in case they come directly to the last page hoping to ask of the forbidden >.>
Shalabala wrote:Haha don't worry, wasn't directed at you in particular.
Yeah I know; it is funny though :) Anyhoo...till next time