Berserk Chapter: 284

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

yeah it was so long ago because of the battle for guts an co to leave that its easy to forget how condensed the story is.... all those months ago when they met the pope was actually the night before... hehe
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Khelegond wrote:I think he merely means that "I cannot, in my current form, hurt you. I'm passing as a noble knight, after all. So, let's go to Windham, where no one is sane and is full of demons, where I'll use my limitless power to shatter your sorry ass".
In my opinion, he doesn't even have to go that far (that is, if Griffith can transform at all). Think back to the latest battle, and how Ganishka was completely at his mercy. Griffith brought the Emperor to his knees with very little effort. I think there's more to his current form than a lot of people realise. Now, onto more important matters...

Preview's up, folks...

Fill in the blanks. :)
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

And that means more Griffith, Charlotte and politicians. No Gatts yet.

I hope they wrap it up in this chapter. Can't wait for the "Elfhell" ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

hmmm he looks quite reserved and calm among all the things that have happened. I remember back in the day, before the eclipse, he would show a little bit more emotion and less of the 'im better than you' attitude.

###EDIT###
Yeah, no guts yet :(
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

But maybe this'll be the chapter where we see the pope proclaim him as sent by God to save them from the evil Kushans. That'd be fun.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
dylec
imanewbie

Post by dylec »

Heh, thanks for the translation.
It's rather interesting now with Griffith announced as betrothed to the queen. Griffith, king of Midland! Boy, I can see that miles away. ;D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

This chapter is known as 'Hero'.

Says something about the chapter, doesn't it?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Almost as if Griffith is going to be hailed as a hero or something. But we all know that that couldn't possibly be the case, because throughout the series if one thing has remained constant, it's that Griffith has always been unpopular, and viewed as the bad guy by all.

Note: extremely heavy sarcasm has been used, for anyone who couldn't figure that out themselves.
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

there's one thing i don't get. why does griffith, god amongst demons, still want to be king. ok so it's is dream , fine, but what happens after? he's gonna rule as king for the rest of is life and then die an old man or something? (that is, if guts doesn't lob is head off before that hehe)
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

I dunno if he's thought it out that far.... surely he has.... but think about most people... lots of people have goals in life.... how many actually plan for after? Hell look at how many stars make it, get rich, burn out and vanish into poverty and bad reality tv shows.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I reckon if Griffith dressed up as a chick, he'd be hotter than the Princess.

Well, I don't think so, but my friend, uh, 'Valdo' thinks so.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I dunno if he's thought it out that far.... surely he has.... but think about most people... lots of people have goals in life.... how many actually plan for after? Hell look at how many stars make it, get rich, burn out and vanish into poverty and bad reality tv shows.
It's a very old question. When a person has a goal, and dedicates their entire life to achieving that goal, what happens once they finally achieve it? In many cases the pinacle of their life is now past, and what's left is a lesser thing. I can't quite see Griffith in this light however, he seems to impressive for this to apply. There's a good chance it won't ever come to that, though, since I wouldn't be surprised if Guts kills him before he can become king. Or maybe not, we'll have to see.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Oh I'm fairly certain that the world will be going to hell in a handbasket before Guts every gets a shot at him... otherwise he's gonna be hated by the entirety of the country for killing their savior. I just don't know why he'd go through th rouse of still trying for his kingdom unless thats all he's thought about... I mean can he even die of old age? Does he age? How long is gonna rule and whats he gonna do when he does rule?
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Was there a chapter this week or wasn't it published in Dark Horse?
Evaansan
imanewbie

Post by Evaansan »

There is a chapter this week, the raw is already available. However the next chapter is for the 6/22.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Psycho Wolvesbane wrote:Was there a chapter this week or wasn't it published in Dark Horse?
Dark Horse doesn't publish chapters, just volumes.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

look, I have no idea why everyone thinks that it is so darn hard for Griffith to become king now:
(1) he has the greatest army in the world
(2) he is the only one who is actually WINNING against Kushans
(3) People love him
(4) Only living member of the royal family WORSHIPS him
(5) He has support of the Pope

I mean really... even pre-eclipse Griffith came near to becoming a king (all he had to do is wait for the old man to die and kill off any competition). I am almost sure that new Griffith wants something more, something like some sort of twisted kingdom of heaven or something, I don't know.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Lord Rae wrote:Oh I'm fairly certain that the world will be going to hell in a handbasket before Guts every gets a shot at him... otherwise he's gonna be hated by the entirety of the country for killing their savior.
See, I think he may come back and fight Griffith while everyone still thinks that Griffith's the good guy. Remember when Guts fought those inquisitors? Everyone thought that Guts had killed an angel. Whatever the case may be, Miura's probably going to execute that part of the story very nicely.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Ghengis John
imanewbie

Post by Ghengis John »

Well the anime already told us he was going to be king, and poof, the manga sets up that he's going to be king. While the anime had a lot of changes and edits essentially I think griffith becoming king was always a part of miura's vision. I doubt he'll be stopped from becoming king. Likely however that his regime will be so horrible and oppressive as griffith stomps out anything and anyone he percieves as a threat to his dream, perhaps even in paranoia, that the people will beg for it to end.

At this point Guts shows up, sees all the suffering in the land and heads off to griffith's castle where an army of soldiers await. Lord raven steps out as commander of the guards, says he recognises guts and puts away his sword, all the soldiers step down, putting their weapons away and kneeling or standing aside and let him through. There's a massive fight in the tallest tower in the land and everyone in the kingdom is watching when a massive explosion takes out the left side of the tower.

People wonder what happened. As snow starts to fall, guts steps out of the rubble and flames covered in cuts and soot and caska runs through the gaurds holding the people back to embrace guts. Guts then rubs ishidoro on the top of the head, picks sherkie up onto his shoulders and says "What a helluvaway to spend a christmas. Next year I'm going to aruba." He then chews on a stogie and Lord Raven asks him: "Wha... What should we do now?" Guts says: "Do whatever the hell you like." and tosses Lord Raven the crown. All the peasants and guards cheer. Lord ravens like "M.. Me?" Guts says "Why not". Lord raven starts talking about how theres's so much to do and dissapears with Lord Owen and some advisors into the jubiliant crowd. Azan asks guts "What will you do now?" Caska answers for him "Whatever the hell I like." She grins at guts runs her index finger down his nose and the two of them share a long kiss. The crowd cheers again. By this point Sweet victory by Survivor from the Rocky Soundtrack has been playing, it blares now and credits roll to a montage of gut's adventures. The end.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well the anime already told us he was going to be king, and poof, the manga sets up that he's going to be king. While the anime had a lot of changes and edits essentially I think griffith becoming king was always a part of miura's vision.
It has been said numerous times, and comes from Miura, that that line in the anime had nothing to do with the manga. It was anime only. Griffith may (or may not) eventually become king in the manga, but it is in no way related to the line from the anime.
I doubt he'll be stopped from becoming king. Likely however that his regime will be so horrible and oppressive as griffith stomps out anything and anyone he percieves as a threat to his dream, perhaps even in paranoia, that the people will beg for it to end.

At this point Guts shows up, sees all the suffering in the land and heads off to griffith's castle where an army of soldiers await. Lord raven steps out as commander of the guards, says he recognises guts and puts away his sword, all the soldiers step down, putting their weapons away and kneeling or standing aside and let him through. There's a massive fight in the tallest tower in the land and everyone in the kingdom is watching when a massive explosion takes out the left side of the tower.

People wonder what happened. As snow starts to fall, guts steps out of the rubble and flames covered in cuts and soot and caska runs through the gaurds holding the people back to embrace guts. Guts then rubs ishidoro on the top of the head, picks sherkie up onto his shoulders and says "What a helluvaway to spend a christmas. Next year I'm going to aruba." He then chews on a stogie and Lord Raven asks him: "Wha... What should we do now?" Guts says: "Do whatever the hell you like." and tosses Lord Raven the crown. All the peasants and guards cheer. Lord ravens like "M.. Me?" Guts says "Why not". Lord raven starts talking about how theres's so much to do and dissapears with Lord Owen and some advisors into the jubiliant crowd. Azan asks guts "What will you do now?" Caska answers for him "Whatever the hell I like." She grins at guts runs her index finger down his nose and the two of them share a long kiss. The crowd cheers again. By this point Sweet victory by Survivor from the Rocky Soundtrack has been playing, it blares now and credits roll to a montage of gut's adventures. The end.
If you're going to post stuff like this, it really need to go in the stupid theory thread. That's what it's there for. Don't put it in serious threads.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

man that chapter is awesome... I can't wait to see what all is being said. It seems epic.
Ghengis John
imanewbie

Post by Ghengis John »

Istvan wrote:If you're going to post stuff like this, it really need to go in the stupid theory thread. That's what it's there for. Don't put it in serious threads.
That doesn't really work as people are serious in there as well. Plus it's not really a theory per se, plus people are debating theories in here anyways, this is simply my commentary on their theories. If it just happens to be funny, it's still pertinent. Grow a funnybone, bud.

P.S: If it isn't funny then I've failed. Unless funny isn't allowed, In which case I'm wounded sir, wounded, that you took my serious idea for a joke. But can't you still make a joke if you're trying to get a point across?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It is very hard to convey meaning in text form only, use emoticons. I can turn serious comments into non-serious faster than anything.

Stupid Theory tread is not meant to be serious, at all. :wink: