Wiiiiiiii thread.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

I've been playing Zelda for about 10 hours now and I gotta say it's shaping up to be even better than Ocarina of Time, just getting to ride on Epona at the start of the game and even getting to naming her too was awesome.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I beat Twilight Princess a while ago and I honestly think Wind Waker is better.

Which is not to say that it's not an excellent game, of course.

It's too easy at times, easier than Wind Waker even, and the wolf mechanics don't feel as fleshed out as, say, the transformations in Majora's Mask.

The Wiimote stuff works well if not better than a regular controller but I'd like to see a Zelda game for the Wii built from the ground up, as opposed to a GC game with Wiimote stuff implemented late in the development cycle.

The last few fights were pure gaming bliss though.

EDIT: They do some cool stuff with the audio too, like changing the tempo of the music when you knock a boss down.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I haven't been playing it much, I'm at Death Mountain right now.

I'm trying to do that howl stone thingy. I'm not sure how I should go about that. But since I haven't played any Zelda since Ocarina of Time, I say it's a pretty good game, but a bit easy though. Highly addictive.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I also beat Twilight Princess a couple days ago. I think its better than Wind Waker, but not as good as Ocarina of Time. I kinda miss playing as young Link and using magic. I agree with Femto that the game was a bit too easy, though the boss battles were fun, I wish they were more of a challenge.

I am looking forward to playing through it again. Gotta get all the poe souls and insects. Also, I think I missed a shield or something?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

My Wii number:

5086 2716 8150 2764

Add me, bitches!

Don't forget to give me your number as well.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I will give you my number when I get a Wii. :cry:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:I will give you my number when I get a Wii. :cry:
Send a letter to Santa this Christmas and you might get lucky.

No online games yet, unfortunately.

Which sucks, because Wii Sports is a lot of fun in multiplayer and would've been the perfect showcase of the Wii's online component.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I have played the Wii at a buddys and I am very fond of multi player Wii Sports. It is a damn shame that you can't play it online. Perhaps later on with an update?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:Perhaps later on with an update?
I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Fans of Killer 7 will be psyched to se this. It's a trailer for a new game by the same guys entitled "No More Heros", and it's coming out for the Wii.

ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I was looking forward to No More Heroes when I first saw that trailer a while ago, but then I learned that the game is free roaming like GTA and kinda lost interest a little.

Still holding out hope.

Killer7 didn't impress me though.

A friend of mine just told me that Iga wants to do a Castlevania game for the Wii.

God, let it be in 2D.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femtov2 wrote:A friend of mine just told me that Iga wants to do a Castlevania game for the Wii.

God, let it be in 2D.
What the hell? First he's hating on the Wii, then being ambivalent, then hating, then liking, then saying there's not going to be a Castlevania for it, and now- can't he make up his mind?

Iga is way too whimsical.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't know from what site my friend got that info from but he said that Iga basically realized that, just like on the DS, you don't have to use all the bells and whistles of the hardware to make a Castlevania game, which is why Portrait of Ruin can be played completely without using the touchscreen.

He may not like the hardware but he doesn't have to use it anyway.

Looking forward to hearing that whipping sound coming off the Wiimote.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

2D castlevania would be the bee's knees. They may do it because of the graphic limitations but I would not hold my breath. You would think that they would get a hint from the support of the 2D games on the DS as opposed to the lack luster games on the PS2.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Just got the new issue of EGM in the mail today and they gave Twilight Princess a perfect score, all 10s.

They also had a PS3 vs Wii article and of the six editors, all of them chose the Wii.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

That's cool and all, but EGM sucks my left testical.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

What do you got against EGM... the only thing I can say is that the review board are people 1up.com which is weird :? ... also did the magazine get taken over by 1up.com??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sandman wrote:What do you got against EGM... the only thing I can say is that the review board are people 1up.com which is weird :? ... also did the magazine get taken over by 1up.com??
I think I speak for Ayanami and Femto (And probably Mune too) when I say that most, if not all gaming magazines, especially EGM, have their heads up their asses most of the time. Between what they take in from ads and the the hype the push for certain games/consoles, getting a fair and unbiased review is nearly impossible. I for one still remember the days when magazines printed their own strategy guides in their magazines for free, not showing off a page or two from something a strat guide company guide made.
ImageImage
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Tempest wrote:I think I speak for Ayanami and Femto (And probably Mune too) when I say that most, if not all gaming magazines, especially EGM, have their heads up their asses most of the time. Between what they take in from ads and the the hype the push for certain games/consoles, getting a fair and unbiased review is nearly impossible. I for one still remember the days when magazines printed their own strategy guides in their magazines for free, not showing off a page or two from something a strat guide company guide made.
Of course, EGMs bias just happens to be close to my own. Thats why I enjoy the magazine.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

My main beef with EGM is that they are the most wanna-be hardcore gamers of the bunch. It is sad really. They have their heads up their ass 99% of the time.

The magazines that I think are pretty shway are Play, (Even though their anime section is garbage) Edge, and Hardcore Gamer.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Edge is the best video game magazine I've ever read.

Really high quality stuff.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femtov2 wrote:Edge is the best video game magazine I've ever read.

This.

I still don't read Edge, or anything else physically printed. It's a principle thing.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

After showing off my new Wii console to my family I now have more or less Mii's for each of them as we had fun modelling them, then played a most of the Wii Sports and Wii Play games on multiplayer, Bowling and the Racing Cows game were the more popular ones among my sister and her boyfriend.

I've had a bit of bad luck recently on bowling so I have temporarily lost my Pro status, but i'm sure to get it back again after some more singleplayer games with a bit of restarting if it doesn't turn out to be a good game.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

LordMune wrote:
Femtov2 wrote:Edge is the best video game magazine I've ever read.

This.

I still don't read Edge, or anything else physically printed. It's a principle thing.
I stopped reading gaming mags long time ago, too much bias.

The PS ones are too much sony's ass hailing every game as the second coming , the same with the nintendo and xbox mags.

I am a member in http://www.Level7.nu a swedish gaming forum the forum makers post gaming news,reviews etc those guys are the only ones i trust to tell me which games are good and which games are not.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

this has shit on

Oh yeah!!