::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by The Prince »

Deathbringer wrote:Still, Reika´s made the right decision concerning Nuri this time, that monster is probably the most dangerous alien they ever foguht and running was really the only viable option.
The guy that called Reika's plan in the new chapter cowardly, the idiot who fucked that one alien when he thought it was her, I fucking hate that guy.
Haha, that´s exactly what i thought when i saw the chapter, who the fuck is Inaba to tell Reika´s plan is a cowardly one? And Oka just to fuck with us never kill the fuck, he always puts him in situations of danger in each mission but he never bites it. Look at him, he lost one arm, one leg and fell on his head but he´s probably alive since his suit didn´t depleted. He´s like a cockroach, easy to get but hard to kill.
Yeah he first appeared in that museum mission with all the Dinosaurs. That was the same mission with that Gangsta G-Unit Crew. It sucked that they got all shot up by those vampire dudes in the middle of being called back by Gantz at the end of the mission though.

In regards to Oka he seemed pretty chill, at least until he decided to side with Izumi in taking out Kei's GF.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Tonbo wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:
Libaax wrote:Remember why he brought him back ?
To get some answers about Gantz´s origin and purpose, which Nishi never actually told him. Don´t remember why exactly.
Because Nishi didn't know anything.

And he could have brought back t1ts or his insanely tall kung fu lover.

whata waste.
You mean Lara Croft look alike hehe :)

Yeah she was hot and useful unlike "tits".
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, but he was nowhere near as bad as Izumi. I can't remember who spent the points on him, but it was Kurono's idea to bring him back, and I support that decision, heh.
i think it was muscle rider
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:i think it was muscle rider
Heh, his name is Kaze. ;)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:
fujinsan wrote:i think it was muscle rider
Heh, his name is Kaze. ;)
buff dude right?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:
Starnum wrote:Yeah, but he was nowhere near as bad as Izumi. I can't remember who spent the points on him, but it was Kurono's idea to bring him back, and I support that decision, heh.
Funny.....that's the same nickname my girlfriend recieved during her college days.

I don't know why they'd call her that though, when she's not really all that buff...........:?
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Prince wrote:
fujinsan wrote:
Funny.....that's the same nickname my girlfriend recieved during her college days.

I don't know why they'd call her that though, when she's not really all that buff...........:?
lol damn thats commedy (This guy sux at jokes.)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't mind it when the jackasses get hurt, but when people like Suzuki (old man) and Kenzo (psychic) get messed up it sucks. I guess you guys don't like Kenzo that much because he's against the revival of others, but I can see where he's coming from. Because they can be revived, it does cheapen the importance of a person's life.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Finito

Post by Finito »

He helps people out of their suicide wishes, but jumps in when it comes to him...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I actually really like Kenzo, but he does kind of come off as a hypocrit. He brought someone back, ultimately, because he cared about him and didn't want him to die yet. He's not that old, he shouldn't die yet either. He's a good guy though, and pretty amazing with that psychic shit.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:I actually really like Kenzo, but he does kind of come off as a hypocrit. He brought someone back, ultimately, because he cared about him and didn't want him to die yet. He's not that old, he shouldn't die yet either. He's a good guy though, and pretty amazing with that psychic shit.
I have a question regarding the prospect of bringing character's back from the dead. Do you think reviving Kei (or even Izumi....not that anyone should ever want to) is even possible at this point? I ask, because both were killed outside the scope of the game (in the real world). Where as we've seen all the people to have been brought back at this point, using the 100-pt system, were all killed during the scope of a mission. Therefore I had always assumed that those eligible for ressurection, had to fit such criteria.

Though I know that to be part of the game itself, dying in the real world is actually a pre-requisite, but Kei was never transported back to the room when he was killed by the Metro-sexual Vampire dude. As what had happened the time when Izumi and Kei killed each other at the mall, both were directly taken to the Gantz room.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's a good point, but I think we get it on a technicality. I'm pretty sure that just being in the game, your DNA is saved, and you can be brought back. They said anyone in the system, and that would include both Kei and Izumi. That's why the characters themselves believe Kei can be brought back, but we'll see. ;)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:That's a good point, but I think we get it on a technicality. I'm pretty sure that just being in the game, your DNA is saved, and you can be brought back. They said anyone in the system, and that would include both Kei and Izumi. That's why the characters themselves believe Kei can be brought back, but we'll see. ;)
I'd buy into that. 8)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Someone pointed out at another forum that Inaba´s suit did depleted it´s shield the moment Nuri blew his arm and leg, it makes sense since he had to deplete to shield to actually harm him in the first place...

Here´s an image proving it.

dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Tae was able to be revived and she was a target. I guess it helps to keep in mind that the rules of Gantz are changeable.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Starnum wrote:That's a good point, but I think we get it on a technicality. I'm pretty sure that just being in the game, your DNA is saved, and you can be brought back. They said anyone in the system, and that would include both Kei and Izumi. That's why the characters themselves believe Kei can be brought back, but we'll see. ;)
Yes. The interesting thing will be what Kei remembers when he's brought back. Reika was confessing her love to Kei as he was being transported/memory wiped and his expression read "What?? Oh shit. stop!"
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

dialdfordesi wrote:Tae was able to be revived and she was a target. I guess it helps to keep in mind that the rules of Gantz are changeable.
Regardless of being the target, she died in the game. The entire premise of my argument was focused around those who have died outside a GANTZ mission. Tae's death would not apply in this case, and the fact that she was a target of a mission clearly didn't matter seeing she got brought back.

All we can do is assume at this point, in regards to what the extent toward which Gantz's rules apply.

Although we are seeing the original rules of the missions changing (or no longer even being applicable), the rules that are applied within the GANTZ room have not shown to be changeable. Though new information pertaining to reaching the 100pt mark was given out by Gantz, in regards to expanding those options available to those players scoring 100pts, that players weren't aware of until fairly recently.

Also, we have already seen that the real world and Gantz's missions are melding together during the missions and even outside of them. So who knows how this might effect how missions play out in the future or whether there will be any difference anymore between what goes on during a mission and the real world.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The story seems to be unfolding well in GANTZ. I mean hell it's already explained which side the demons are on, and hod to become a vampire and such.

P.S. do you think the vampires that joined in the GANTZ room will ever escape GANTZ?
P.S.S. Also kurano's brother you think he's coming back?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:P.S. do you think the vampires that joined in the GANTZ room will ever escape GANTZ?
P.S.S. Also kurano's brother you think he's coming back?
Yeah, I imagine the vamps will either die or get 100 points and bail, but who knows. As for Kei's brother, I doubt we'll see him again.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

. As for Kei's brother, I doubt we'll see him again.
Can´t see why not. He´s most likely alive and will probably show up after this mission.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah I was thinking that he was alive as well and the head thing was just a ploy to lure kei.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I suppose that's possible, but I'm going based off of what we do know. He was never in the Gantz system, and he had his head removed. It's kind of hard to come back from that, even for an immortal.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah no doubt if he's dead he ain't coming back, but if my theory's correct we should see him after this mission or later on.
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

New chapter ;)

And damn, that new suit is too awesome :headbang: :pwned:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah I'm having gundom flash backs from this.