New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

mangafre@ks
imanewbie

...helloEvilGenius...

Post by mangafre@ks »

Ok hi there!
This is from Greece.I would like to make a very
important question....can I translate Berserk manga in
Greek lunguage?I want the Greek puplic to recognize
how great Manga's are...no problem with photoshop or
gimp.Here they still reading comic(Disney's) and almanako!!
I have already translated 2volumes and I am going to
continue translating because I like it!!
Please if there is an answer(negative or positive)please
inform me.I am thinking of creating and an Internet
Site.
Thanks for reading that.
You are the best keep up the good work!
Berserk is the best!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

posting everywhere (with the same post) is a sure way to get your account banned, we read the post the first time. Patience is a virtue.
Bannik
imanewbie

Post by Bannik »

hi and yea i finished at volume 29, which chapters come after it and if possible where can i get them all (apart from this fantastic forum)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Bannik wrote:hi and yea i finished at volume 29, which chapters come after it and if possible where can i get them all (apart from this fantastic forum)
http://bt.evil-genius.us
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hello. My name is Deathbringer and i recently got into Berserk.

A friend tried to show me the anime several times and when i gave in i was fairly interested in it and after the inconclusive ending i was pretty much disapointed.
But following the rule that manga > anime, i started to look for Berserk manga, at that time i knew it was one of those very detailed mangas and thus, it had a monthly release but when i found out that it was on it´s way to the 31th book and that the manga started in 1989....jesus, that´s a lot of work right there.
I´m in book 23 now and loving it, hope to have good discussions about Berserk with the people of this board.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Welcome to M-W Deathbringer hope you enjoy it here.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

hi deathbringer,

i stumbled onto this community due to berserk too.
nice to see that berserk has new fans all the time.
=)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah welcome Deathbringer, hope you´l like it here

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I just want to state something here. I've seen alot of people around the net complaining as to why Berserk chapters aren't released as quickly as Naruto or Bleach chapters.

Want to know why?

Look at the artwork in a Naruto or Bleach comic then look at the artwork in a Berserk comic. There's your answer.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

agreed. every frame has true artwork. anyone can draw naruto or bleach, it takes a real artist to do berserk
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I concur.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I just want to state something here. I've seen alot of people around the net complaining as to why Berserk chapters aren't released as quickly as Naruto or Bleach chapters.

Want to know why?

Look at the artwork in a Naruto or Bleach comic then look at the artwork in a Berserk comic. There's your answer.
You would hope that these things would be apparent to anyone who has actually read the manga. But low and behold, some impatient dude has to say something about when the hell the next chapter is going to be out.

The artwork of Berserk is far more complex and detailed than anything that has ever been scribbled in Naruto or Bleach.

Oh and hi to all new members. Have not visited this thread in a while so thought it was appropriate to do so.
Shamo
imanewbie

Post by Shamo »

Hallo everybody! My name is Jugurta. I'm from algeria and I live in Switzerland. I was fortunate enough to live 3min away from the biggest manga shops in town since I was 12 and that's how it started.

Berserk is one of my favourite mangas along with Shamo, Vagabond, Gantz and many more. I will never forget how in 2002 I bought volume 1-24 of Berserk in german and locked myself up in my room for one day with a pack of weed. As I opend the door the next day I felt like I was there for one week, trapped in the world of Berserk.

Among the mangas I don't like is Tenjou Tenge. I mean come on was that oh great on crack as he was writting the story.
the hero gets his ass kicked and humiliated nearly every chapter and is dump as hell and what's with that wanna be philosophical and reason to fight shit. It's like he took every quote from old kung fu movies and not even the good ones, don't misunderstand me I like philosophical material in manga but this is just cheap.

However I'm happy there are guys like you and keep up the good work peace! :wink:
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

I am FightClub!

And the first rule of fightclub is...wait yeah wrong forum, alright...
So I came across berserk due to a friend's request, and downloaded the five dvd's in SPANISH (which I don't speak) and loved it so much I actually watched all five in SPANISH! (which I don't speak) making up commentary in my head. At the very end, I was left this this -- brooding sense of needing more so I did it -- I started reading the manga, curtosy of the hawks, volume 4 and beyond, when I came to volume twenty eight or nine, and realized there was more! I came here, and have been lurking in the darkness, for like two days flat. Now I have revealed myself, and the Berserk forums will never be the same, until my thirst for Berserk is quenched, that or caska dies, and if that happens I'll just retire.

P.S. Retarded Caska is more awesomer than normal Caska, can I get a hell yeah?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Deathbringer wrote:Hello. My name is Deathbringer and i recently got into Berserk.

A friend tried to show me the anime several times and when i gave in i was fairly interested in it and after the inconclusive ending i was pretty much disapointed.
But following the rule that manga > anime, i started to look for Berserk manga, at that time i knew it was one of those very detailed mangas and thus, it had a monthly release but when i found out that it was on it´s way to the 31th book and that the manga started in 1989....jesus, that´s a lot of work right there.
I´m in book 23 now and loving it, hope to have good discussions about Berserk with the people of this board.

I know im late but welcome to MW, always glad to see a newbie that actually posts.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Word, it is very nice to see some of these newbies actually post.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Thanks, after reading through a lot of threads around here i think i like this forum and i do intend to become a regular.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

pretty neat to see people from all over the world meeting here for berserk.
=)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

believe it or not, when arke and I goto release & seed we notice that while the USA tends to lead with total number of leechers from one country, they are overall only around 5% of the total amount of people all over the world that come here for Berserk.

Top country leechers included Germany, Norway, Canada and Australia. There where hits from all over the world, which I find amazing. Oddly enough, only a few (5) hits from Japan. :P

Anywho, welcome aboard folks.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

that is probably because the people in japan readily have berserk available to them. who needs to fanatically search for berserk online when you can get them in the store nearby?

guys like me in asian where anime and manga are not mainstream entertainment, let alone berserk.
=)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Quest wrote:that is probably because the people in japan readily have berserk available to them.
It was a statement (humor was involved), not a question. We all know why it is absurd.

Outside of Japan, Manga is not a mainstream form of entertainment.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Manga is getting there though and will be mainstream here too someday.

I saw you mentioned Norway in top 5 leecher countries who cares about them :P 25% of the regulars are from Sweden ;) Me,Loeviz,Mune,Isse ;)
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

psi29a wrote:
Quest wrote:that is probably because the people in japan readily have berserk available to them.
It was a statement (humor was involved), not a question. We all know why it is absurd.

geez, i gotta start being less dense!!!
that was embarrassing....
and that was like what, the 2nd time it happened in the forums.
=)

either that or you guys have to put [sarcasm] tags.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Quest wrote:
psi29a wrote:

geez, i gotta start being less dense!!!
that was embarrassing....
and that was like what, the 2nd time it happened in the forums.
=)

either that or you guys have to put [sarcasm] tags.
*laugh* indeed.. I should research and see about those [sarcasm] flags. However, I think the Emoticons should help in the time being. :P
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

ya its just me that needs to do the changing.
=)

2nd gear!