Death Note

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

AbsoluteZero
Evil Genius

Post by AbsoluteZero »

Chapter 58 by WTF:

Available at their irc:

#wethefans @ irc.rizon.net
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Dufraine314
imanewbie

Post by Dufraine314 »

I am going to write about chaper 58 and things like taht so...

SPOLIERS

Do you really believe that L (or the one that we believe that is L, Ryuuzaki) is really dead? Maybe Rem only had time to write Watari´s real name before he died?

And another thing, Penber´s fiancee, maybe is dead, but maybe she did something that was not in contradiction with the Death Note but also was a clear proof against Light....

And another thing... ok, Light lost his memmory, but one thing is to lose the memory and another thing is to lose the brain. The actual Light, the "evil" one is more much smart than the good one, or so it seems...

Arggg, I need the 59 nowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody dies. Not everybody lives.

http://www.mundodvd.com/

http://antisgae.internautas.org/
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

L is dead i hope he is anyway cause it was great when Light smiled so evil and L was like " i was right,Light is.... kira" :D

Also of course Lights is smarter when he is the evil version cause then he can kill without thinking twice about it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well I've caught up on this one and all I have to say is damn. Why are all my favorite characters dying now days?? :(

L was my boy maybe that one with the puzzle will be just as bad ass.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Since it looks like they will put those kids against my fav Light they must be something speciel.

I smiled almost as evil as Light when L died that was the best moments in the manga so far and the best moment of all my manga reading this year :D
Last edited by Libaax on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I think the kids that you see in the last chapter are right up there in terms of intelligence like Light and L. Light did defeat L but there are two more kids that have the same intellect as him.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Light got away there only because of the fact that L couldn't prove anything. You could say L was defeated but in the end Light really had to do too much to just "kill" L. There were many unknowns but L knew that Light was Kira and that in my books puts it as a stalemate. but there was the problem of the dying. :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He didnt know Light was Kira he wasnt sure about Light bieng Kira otherwise he wouldnt be dead,cause if he knew for sure he would protect himself from Light.

Also his last line was something along "so Light was Kira after all"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

No his last line was, "so i was right". He always knew that Raito was Kira at some point or that he still was Kira. He just didnt have any proof.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Didnt have proof aka didnt know for sure as i said. If he knew for sure he would try to protect him. He had a feeling that Light was Kira but nothing more.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

He knew for sure. He just couldnt do anything cause of lack of evidence. And that the Commisioner of Police is Raito's father.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:He didn't know Light was Kira he wasn't sure about Light being Kira otherwise he wouldn't be dead,cause if he knew for sure he would protect himself from Light.
What?? re read that last line it wasn't even light who killed him #1. #2 We still don't know L's name.

as Buzkashi said if there isn't any evidence he can't convict him. Its like the O.J. Simpson trail I'm sure most people thinks they "know" O.J. did it. But can they actually prove it?
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:
Libaax wrote:He didn't know Light was Kira he wasn't sure about Light being Kira otherwise he wouldn't be dead,cause if he knew for sure he would protect himself from Light.
What?? re read that last line it wasn't even light who killed him #1. #2 We still don't know L's name.

as Buzkashi said if there isn't any evidence he can't convict him. Its like the O.J. Simpson trail I'm sure most people thinks they "know" O.J. did it. But can they actually prove it?
Light killed him by making Rem kill him thats the best way of killiing someone.

Come one that only thing that L knew for sure what that Light was smart enough to be Kira,he didnt have anything else. After he got him memory back Light played with L until he killed him. Light was just smarter!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:Light killed him by making Rem kill him thats the best way of killiing someone.

Come one that only thing that L knew for sure what that Light was smart enough to be Kira,he didnt have anything else. After he got him memory back Light played with L until he killed him. Light was just smarter!
So when SK kills Griff for Guts I'll assume you'll accept that as the best means. :wink: L knew that Light was Kira period. He didn't know how he killed but he knew he was kira. Light wasn't smarter he just had more information. If you gave both of them Level playing fields then you wouldn't know. When L restricted himself to solving the case based off of proof what do you expect. There were far too many unknowns in the equation.

Think of it this way you get a test with a problem on it.

L's version looked like this:

4 = (X^Y)/(Z^2)

There are a couple of answers to something like that. But how do you know which one is one True correct one? I could do one for light as well but I'm sure you get the point.
"Context is for Kings"
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

whats with the equation??

damn i just read the whole deathnote chaps this week and i can say Light is so fucking intelligent...now the thrill is killing me :lol:

now whos the next rival of light?? is that nia girl is good?? omg i cant wait :lol:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

didnt the writer of DN go on vacation? oh and buz, if you are still looking Anime-source has DN chaps up to 59.

EDIT: is very behind the times heh
Last edited by MrFelony on Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:
Libaax wrote:Light killed him by making Rem kill him thats the best way of killiing someone.

So when SK kills Griff for Guts I'll assume you'll accept that as the best means. :wink: L knew that Light was Kira period. He didn't know how he killed but he knew he was kira. Light wasn't smarter he just had more information. If you gave both of them Level playing fields then you wouldn't know. When L restricted himself to solving the case based off of proof what do you expect. There were far too many unknowns in the equation.

Think of it this way you get a test with a problem on it.

L's version looked like this:

4 = (X^Y)/(Z^2)

There are a couple of answers to something like that. But how do you know which one is one True correct one? I could do one for light as well but I'm sure you get the point.

In the end Light won cause L is dead and he is free to what he wants.

L coulndt match up to him and whats with the Berserk comparesion DN isnt that kind of manga you know ;)

Mrfelony: The mangaka took break yes and chap 60 is out in 25 april thats what i heard anyway.
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

Light knows L's name its all written at the new deathnote...
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

yo Light has some problems now. I just read 61 and they are working him over. I would love to see how he does now that he is "trying" to be L
"Context is for Kings"
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Btw, Chapter 60 was released by W,tF...I'd post a link if I could remember it but just check http://www.tokyotosho.com .
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

this manga is going to be licensed now :( .

Ive read chap 60 and im confused on the new characters..

so who is the spy in SPK anyway?? and whos this Mello?? :?
Darnoc
Mastered PM

Post by Darnoc »

I think that the new chapters of Death Note aren't gonna be as good now that L is dead.
To me Death Note is mostly about L and Raito (yes I'm still calling him Raito even though it's Light) trying to outsmart each other so I have my doubts about these new L's. They don't "know" Raito like L did so the battle of the minds ain't gonna be as thrilling as it was between them.
On March 2006 Ajattara strikes back... damn... still 4 months
Itse---Kuolema---Tyhjyys---Apare
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I stopped reading it, I got till chapter 56. The reason I stopped was b/c there is too much text in a DN chapter.
Sometimes, reading a chapter took me almost half an hour.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Did people lose interest in this manga or something? I mean I know the long break was crap but I'm surprised no one talks about it anymore, even if it is licensed.