Street Fighter IV!!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Street Fighter IV!!!!

Post by Femto »

I made two posts with pretty much the exact same message.

You guys can take your pick.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:I made two posts with pretty much the exact same message.

You guys can take your pick.
is it OK if I pick buzkashi

because that's what I always do
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The only thing that will be the revival of Fighting Games is Soul Calibur IV. What was the last really good Street Fighter? II Turbo Hyper Edition? EX? Dunno. But all the SF rage is probably only because of nostalgy because it was one of the first, if not the very first, true fighter. The franchise stagnate pretty much in the last episodes.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:The only thing that will be the revival of Fighting Games is Soul Calibur IV. What was the last really good Street Fighter? II Turbo Hyper Edition? EX? Dunno. But all the SF rage is probably only because of nostalgy because it was one of the first, if not the very first, true fighter. The franchise stagnate pretty much in the last episodes.
This is the most ridiculous and ignorant post I've ever read.

Today.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Aetherfukz wrote:What was the last really good Street Fighter? II Turbo Hyper Edition? EX? Dunno.
Street FIghter III?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

lon3vvolf wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:What was the last really good Street Fighter? II Turbo Hyper Edition? EX? Dunno.
Street FIghter III?
3rd Strike to be precise, but that's more or less the consensus.
Femto wrote: Capcom won't fuck this up.

You guys are just jaded as fuck.

And that's coming from me.
I wish I could have that much faith in it, I really do. But they are going from a style that I REALLY like (3rd Strike) to a style that the producer himself described as "A homecoming for Street Fighter 2 fans" (Of which I am not particularly one). Believe me, I will give this game a shot, and if it is good, I will be doing cartwheels down the street.
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Femto wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:The only thing that will be the revival of Fighting Games is Soul Calibur IV. What was the last really good Street Fighter? II Turbo Hyper Edition? EX? Dunno. But all the SF rage is probably only because of nostalgy because it was one of the first, if not the very first, true fighter. The franchise stagnate pretty much in the last episodes.
This is the most ridiculous and ignorant post I've ever read.

Today.
From you, thats a compliment I guess?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

No.

It just means you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

At least I know that the Street Fighter (fighting) engine cannot compare to the Soul Calibur on in terms of smoothness and combination of moves.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Soul Calibur is cool, but I'll take a good SF game over it any day, but that's me.

I agree with Femto. *gasp*

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to SF4. Can't wait to play and see if it's as good as I'm hoping it will be, which it probably will be.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:At least I know that the Street Fighter (fighting) engine cannot compare to the Soul Calibur on in terms of smoothness and combination of moves.
LoL

You have no idea what you're talking about.

When was the last time you played a Street Fighter game?

You're probably one of those new generation gamers whose fighting game knowledge is limited to Soul Calibur and Tekken.

Absolutely clueless.

Unless you can support the above statement with actual facts and gameplay knowledge instead of throwing random words together and expecting people to make sense out of them.

Of course, you already shot yourself in the foot when you tried to compare a 2D fighting game to a 3D one.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:At least I know that the Street Fighter (fighting) engine cannot compare to the Soul Calibur on in terms of smoothness and combination of moves.
LoL

You have no idea what you're talking about.

When was the last time you played a Street Fighter game?

You're probably one of those new generation gamers whose fighting game knowledge is limited to Soul Calibur and Tekken.

Absolutely clueless.

Unless you can support the above statement with actual facts and gameplay knowledge instead of throwing random words together and expecting people to make sense out of them.

Of course, you already shot yourself in the foot when you tried to compare a 2D fighting game to a 3D one.
You're a spaz. :lol:

What's wrong with comparing Tekken/S.C to the S.F series? Both helped revolutionize the genre and are great franchises in themselves.

Are you suggesting 2D fighting games can't be compared with 3D? Because that's what I assumed people were doing until now.

And if you're suggesting Streetfighter III is better than the likes of Soul Calibur, VF, Tekken that's swell. But I'd like to know why because popular opinion says otherwise.

Maybe if you followed your own advice, and provided a basis for your ranting, people like Aetherfukz (myself included) would have a better idea of where your coming from.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Popular opinion is ass. :P

Besides, it's all just that, if you ask me, opinion. Which is the best? I'd pick the Street Fighter franchise as well, but that's just my opinion. I just like the overall style and gameplay of SF better. *shrugs*
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Popular opinion is ass. :P

Besides, it's all just that, if you ask me, opinion. Which is the best? I'd pick the Street Fighter franchise as well, but that's just my opinion. I just like the overall style and gameplay of SF better. *shrugs*
I'll bite you peaked my interest.

I grew to love 3D fighters ever since the debut of Battle Arena Toshinden. But in time came to consider the trinity of 3-D fighters always came down to Tekken, SC, and VF for setting the standard for the genre. Maybe I was influenced because these were the games all my friends were playing, but seem to recall these games always got top ratings. And if all else is equal, it would only make sense to choose the game your friends were playing (at a time when online was not an option).

I just assumed that games like SF3 and Mortal Kombat 3-D were more of a novelty, relying on their loyal fanbase, rather than a superior engine to move their product.

Does this make me a newb in certain aspects? Perhaps.....but I am definitely not alone in my perspective.

That said. I'm curious to know what about SF3 makes it stand out from the rest? Was it the engine? Speed? Characters? Loyalty to the franchise?

I'd hate to think I have been missing out all this time.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

2D fighters and 3D fighters aren't comparable on the same grounds.

They're different types of games.

If you can't understand or grasp why this is so then you have no place in a fighting game discussion.

There's a reason why 3D fighters don't have fireballs.

And Starnum is right on the money, popular opinion is retarded and is the unthinking man's way of gauging quality.

Soul Calibur is my favorite 3D fighting game (Virtua Fighter is too demanding to be fun) but 3rd Strike is the best fighting game ever made.

I love it when people who've barely played anything outside of Soul Calibur or Tekken (ugh) think they have any authority when it comes to fighting games.

lol @ "but everyone else likes it" argument

lol @ grouping SFIII with Mortal Kombat

lol @ ignorance
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:2D fighters and 3D fighters aren't comparable on the same grounds.

They're different types of games.

If you can't understand or grasp why this is so then you have no place in a fighting game discussion.

There's a reason why 3D fighters don't have fireballs.

And Starnum is right on the money, popular opinion is retarded and is the unthinking man's way of gauging quality.

Soul Calibur is my favorite 3D fighting game (Virtua Fighter is too demanding to be fun) but 3rd Strike is the best fighting game ever made.

I love it when people who've barely played anything outside of Soul Calibur or Tekken (ugh) think they have any authority when it comes to fighting games.

lol @ "but everyone else likes it" argument

lol @ grouping SFIII with Mortal Kombat

lol @ ignorance
Listen Dick.

My point was....What is the point of getting a fighting game, that your friends are unfamilar with?

Playing against the computer sucks. It was only just till recently, that many of these game have become available online.

I'm not saying Third Strike isn't the best game out there (not saying it is either). Just that I'm not familar with it, as compared to games like Tekken and SC. I was simply stating my perspective, and my rationale for it.

Now that I'm hearing from those who are familar with Third Strike, that they consider it perhaps the best fighter of the bunch: I'd like to know why or what makes it better than a game like Tekken 4 or VF4 (the standard bearers)?....Games that everyone are likely familar with.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Prince wrote:Does this make me a newb in certain aspects?
Definitely.
The Prince wrote:Perhaps.....but I am definitely not alone in my perspective.
There are a lot of newbies out there...

Even though I really like Soul Calibur as well (I bought SCIII and made Guts as a character), you just can't compare it to Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. In the same way that you can't compare Silent Hill to Resident Evil, Femto.

The Prince wrote:Now that I'm hearing from those who are familar with Third Strike, that they consider it perhaps the best fighter of the bunch: I'd like to know why or what makes it better than a game like Tekken 4 or VF4 (the standard bearers)?....Games that everyone are likely familar with.
You posted before I did, so I'll answer this. I never got into SF3 that much because I didn't have it, but I started playing a lot of it at an arcade in school and I really liked it, it's easy to get into, but I suck at using the joystick. Anyway, think of it like this, would you compare Super Mario World to Super Mario 64? You could say that you liked one over the other and that certain differences are better, but you have to draw the line at some point and say that they're simply different and hardly comparable. Lately, 2D fighters have lost some audience to the 3D fighters do to their sleeker and more realistic appearance (which is probably why they wanted to make SFIV in "2.5D"), but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable, and they have progressed a lot from the SFII: Turbo days even though their graphics don't show it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Prince wrote:My point was....What is the point of getting a fighting game, that your friends are unfamilar with?
That wasn't your point at all.

You were rambling about nonsense and the game's popularity.

Your "rationale" and "perspective" amount to nothing but empty statements and asking people to lay things out for you.

On that note, you must be out of your mind if you expect me to walk you through the Street Fighter franchise.

Go out, buy the Anniversary Collection, play it and do us all a favor and stop wasting our time with your idiocy and ignorance on the subject.

Please.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

War Machine wrote:
The Prince wrote:Does this make me a newb in certain aspects?
Definitely.
The Prince wrote:Perhaps.....but I am definitely not alone in my perspective.
There are a lot of newbies out there...

Even though I really like Soul Calibur as well (I bought SCIII and made Guts as a character), you just can't compare it to Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. In the same way that you can't compare Silent Hill to Resident Evil, Femto.

Once people get themselves aquainted with a franchise, and become comfortable with the controls and gameplay there is a tendency to develop a loyalty to that product. Having invested so much time honing your skill and mastering the gameplay of a particular brand like SC, people retain loyalty to a brand even if that game may no longer be the best available.

Such as the case of NFL2K, several years back, being thought as the superior football game as compared to Madden. But that didn't stop Madden outselling the 2K game many times over. Does this make Madden fans newbs?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Femto wrote:I love it when people who've barely played anything outside of Soul Calibur or Tekken (ugh) think they have any authority when it comes to fighting games.
I'm sure to forget something here but fighting games I played include:

- Every 2D Street Fighter II game
- Street Fighter EX
- Every Mortal Kombat
- Every Battle Arena Toshinden
- Every Soul Calibur (even Soul Edge)
- Killer Instinct 1+2+Gold
- Clayfighters
- Tekken 2-5
- Dead or Alive
- Every Virtua Fighter
- Smash Brothers
- Samurai Shodown
- King of Fighters
- Fatal Fury Series
- some more on the NeoGeo I don't remember the names of...
- Battle Rage, Primal Fury, or something like that... on the N64 or Dreamcast (all pretty crappy games so I don't remember their particular names)

And bah, countless others, can't be bothered to think 'em up. Anyway, out of all the fighting games I played I still prefer the Soul Calibur franchise. Why? Because I feel the fighting engine is the best of all the games, with sophisticated dodge and counter moves, and especially a "flowing" moves system where you can combo up almost every move into the next one.

What is your basis for Street Fighter to be the best franchise every, besides blind fanboyism I recon?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The problem here was that he was saying 2D fighters and 3D fighters were the same, which they're not, they simply aren't. You can prefer one over the other, but that doesn't make them equal in any way. Besides, you're missing SFIII Third Strike in your list, so I find it hard to believe your opinion is worth something when you haven't played the only game you're bashing.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:- Every 2D Street Fighter II game
- Street Fighter EX
- Every Mortal Kombat
- Every Battle Arena Toshinden
- Every Soul Calibur (even Soul Edge)
- Killer Instinct 1+2+Gold
- Clayfighters
- Tekken 2-5
- Dead or Alive
- Every Virtua Fighter
- Smash Brothers
- Samurai Shodown
- King of Fighters
- Fatal Fury Series
- some more on the NeoGeo I don't remember the names of...
- Battle Rage, Primal Fury, or something like that... on the N64 or Dreamcast (all pretty crappy games so I don't remember their particular names)
You haven't played 3rd Strike.

Shut up now.

And how many of those games are you actually good at?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You can dodge, counter, and combo all in fluidity in SF too. However, I also think 2-D and 3-D are different enough that you really can’t compare them very well. I'm not going to lie, my reasons for liking what I do are biased, but I've never seen any reason not to like what I like, for why I like it. What other people think about what I like, usually doesn't matter. That aside, Soul Calibur is pretty much the best 3D fighter out there, that I can think of. I've never really like Virtua Fighter, honestly, and I stopped liking Tekken a long time ago. Though I still think DOA is cool, heh. I'm from the old-school, so I think I'll always prefer 2D fighters. Besides that, I prefer the more anime like fighting styles in Street Fighter. Nothing better than some good old Shotokan Karate in my books (or An Satsu Ken as it should be known.) I mean, the Hadoken and the Shoryuken, that’s my bread and butter baby. Though I also like the many intricate weapon styles you can use in Soul Calibur too.. Also, I've never found a good SF game to be lacking in high-quality and precise game-play. I'm most familiar with the Alpha franchise. Honestly, I haven't played every SF game out there, and I still haven't mastered all the shit you can do on some of the ones I have played. It can get pretty damn technical. Honestly, it just comes down to which style you like more. *shrugs*

How old-school, you may be asking yourself. Well, I've played the very first Street Fighter. No, not SFII, the first one. I played it on arcade. You can only play as Ryu, and if you can hit someone with a Shoryuken, it'll damn near kill them from full life. Though, back then, that was pretty much your strongest move. You only had your other two specials, and no supers, heh.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:
The Prince wrote:My point was....What is the point of getting a fighting game, that your friends are unfamilar with?
That wasn't your point at all.

You were rambling about nonsense and the game's popularity.

Your "rationale" and "perspective" amount to nothing but empty statements and asking people to lay things out for you.

On that note, you must be out of your mind if you expect me to walk you through the Street Fighter franchise.

Go out, buy the Anniversary Collection, play it and do us all a favor and stop wasting our time with your idiocy and ignorance on the subject.

Please.

LOL.....Look at you!

What a life you must lead.

It’s obvious you take tremendous pride in your knowledge of Streetfighter…. And why shouldn’t you?

Just remember no matter how small your penis nor lack of respect given to you by peers......you sure know a lot about Streetfighter. :thumb:

Though unfortunately not quite enough, to answer one straightforward fucking question or back up just one of your claims.

Starnum wrote:You can dodge, counter, and combo all in fluidity in SF too. However, I also think 2-D and 3-D are different enough that you really can’t compare them very well. I'm not going to lie, my reasons for liking what I do are biased, but I've never seen any reason not to like what I like, for why I like it. What other people think about what I like, usually doesn't matter. That aside, Soul Calibur is pretty much the best 3D fighter out there, that I can think of. I've never really like Virtua Fighter, honestly, and I stopped liking Tekken a long time ago. Though I still think DOA is cool, heh. I'm from the old-school, so I think I'll always prefer 2D fighters. Besides that, I prefer the more anime like fighting styles in Street Fighter. Nothing better than some good old Shotokan Karate in my books (or An Satsu Ken as it should be known.) I mean, the Hadoken and the Shoryuken, that’s my bread and butter baby. Though I also like the many intricate weapon styles you can use in Soul Calibur too.. Also, I've never found a good SF game to be lacking in high-quality and precise game-play. I'm most familiar with the Alpha franchise. Honestly, I haven't played every SF game out there, and I still haven't mastered all the shit you can do on some of the ones I have played. It can get pretty damn technical. Honestly, it just comes down to which style you like more. *shrugs*
Thanks for the explanation. Was the reply I was hoping for.

I share your POV on a lot of these things. Can't go wrong with Soul Calibur IMO.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

War Machine wrote:The problem here was that he was saying 2D fighters and 3D fighters were the same, which they're not, they simply aren't. You can prefer one over the other, but that doesn't make them equal in any way. Besides, you're missing SFIII Third Strike in your list, so I find it hard to believe your opinion is worth something when you haven't played the only game you're bashing.
Shame on him! :shock:

Seriously....just shut the hell up nerd!