Berserk Game

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah it would be cool to play Naruto but i wouldnt mod my ps2 for only a Naruto game....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gaiseric wrote:Of course its a hack & slash game, the whole manga basically is. Its fun. If you do mod your ps2 then you can play Naurto Ultimate Hero 2 too. That game alone is worth it.
Well, I don't know if I'd say that. The manga has deep plot. The game is the same way, but hack-n-slash is referring to the game play. I don't even know if you can apply it to something like manga. I guess if it was something shallow, but it just doesn't sound right to refer to the Berserk manga as such *shrugs*.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah the soundtrack is tight.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Kenshink
imanewbie

Post by Kenshink »

Those of you who have played it, when does the game start/end, because I have only seen Gatts with the dragon slayer ina ll the videos, none of him with his normal sword before the eclipse..
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The game takes place directly after the fight with Mozgus, and leads all the way up to the fight with Grunbeld. So basically it covers volumes 22 – 26. There’s also some original plot thrown in.
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Libaax wrote:Yeah it would be cool to play Naruto but i wouldnt mod my ps2 for only a Naruto game....
Hehe, why not? I did. Well for that and all my Japanese PS1 games.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Cause moding and buy game are pretty expensive and only Naruto isnt not worth it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

in your favourite game list for those of u who played berserk where would it be in ur fav game list
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I'm not sure. I can assure you it'd be in my top ten though. However, in the category of just pure action games, right now it's sitting at number one.
Chris
imanewbie

Post by Chris »

Berserk is a really cool game, but its not the gameplay that makes is worth to play but the fact that its berserk. The boss fights are awesome, and so are the "film-sequences" or whatever you call it. But the games seriously lacks variation. Sometimes it gets boring after killing 2000 trolls trying to figure out where to go next. Its good hack-n-slash, but still almost no variation. But every true berserkfan should play it.

Cant wait for the english dub, if there is one coming. :P
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I found these on SKullknight.NET props to Pepos

they are incredible...

GUTS vs 200 Trolls

Guts Vs Zodd

Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

nice, very nice
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don’t know, I think the game has a good deal of variety. You’ve got all your sub weapons. You can call in members of Gatts’ team. Plus you’ve got the awesome counters and theirs even a different type of special attack for each enemy type. It’s just that there are soooo many enemies. I killed them all too, 100% baby. Small children can walk through the stages on my save now, and not have to fear a thing, heh.

As for the videos that Damien provided. Hm, not bad I’d say. I’m guessing the player’s name is Pepos. You can really tell how the boss fights bring out the best in people. Seems like he had a lot of wasted movements in the battle with the 200 trolls. He did really well in the Zodd fight, but I think I might be able to take him. Heh, he seems like a formidable opponent though. To bad there isn’t a versus mode. Man, that Zodd fight is so much fun though. He’s toughest boss in the game, but you can only fight him in the 100-animal Murder, Prize Box section. Beating him allows you to use his sword in the game.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Damn man. This game looks crazy. That video that i just saw that video gutts vs zodd and man that looked crazy. Can u really do like lots of different moves n stuff.

Damn if there was a vs mode man i'd get it no matter wat...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, you can like really do lots of different moves. Like I said, this game is crazy badass! Oh, a versus mode, that would have just topped it off man. I'd like to see such a thing in the next game. Just so you know though, that fight with Zodd is the best one in the game. There are plenty of other good ones too though. The fight with Grunbeld comes close. The fight with Griffith is a lot of fun too, but they totally under played the Overlord of the God Hand for some reason.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote:Cause moding and buy game are pretty expensive and only Naruto isnt not worth it.
I would for the naruto for gamecube but i can just buy a freeloader disc for that hahaha.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Lucky for you that Nintendo doesnt mind a product like that cause they are so desperat to sell their items :twisted:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thanks And Props go to Pepos from skullnkight.net & ArticNightfall for posting them . Guts Vs Zodd PT.2

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's one of the first boss fights in the game, so it's much easier than the other one.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Daaamn! I just checked out the clip and wow... damn i want the game. Thanks for the presenting the clip Damien
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

If only the game was released on gamecube or pc... I cannot' afford to just buy a ps2... le sigh.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

hahaa! Yea man, I wish i had a ps2. Only got gamecube n xbox
AnimeGoddess
imanewbie

Post by AnimeGoddess »

I have this game I love it, I also wrote a review on it which is posted below.

After reading the manga I decided to pick up a copy of "Berserk Millenium Falcon" for PlayStation 2. This game spans from volumes 22 to 27 of the Manga. This game was surprisingly accurate to the Manga, except for the whole side story with Charles which I believe was added in so you don't get bored playing through the same story that you just read in the Manga. I absolutely loved the movie sequences, it's beyond great being able to see the Manga animated (now if only they'd remake the anime or continue it with a second season). The fighting in the game is a little repetative, seeing Guts slash demons with the Dragonslayer over and over again, but what's really great about the repetative fighting is the fact that you can chain the creatures/demons/trolls you kill and the higher the chain the more experience points you get when the chain ends, gaining experience points is an important task considerding the fact that is let's you level up Guts' defense, sword skill, Puck's healing ability, etc. Therefore a repetative fighting style turned out to not be so boring after all. After beating the game "100 Animal Murder" mode is automatically unlocked allowing you to attain new weapons to replace Guts' Dragonslayer such as Caska's sword, Zodd's sword, etc, and my favorite a Guitar ^^ Overall i'd give this game a 9 out of 10, the only reason I wouldn't give it a 10 is because the game was too short. I beat it in about a day and a half, but I did also have the game on the easy difficulty setting. Compared to the Dreamcast game "Sword of The Berserk Guts' Rage" the PS2 one is far better, considering it does follow the story line of the manga, the Dreamcast version also annoyed me a lot because of the fact that the Dragonslayer can hit the wall, the DC version is also a lot more difficult to beat. All in all this game was great and is definitely worth buying if you're a fan of the manga.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Luck- wrote:hahaa! Yea man, I wish i had a ps2. Only got gamecube n xbox
WOW you got both of the worse systems

PC, and PS2 - that's all you need
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

NINJ4 wrote:PC, and PS2 - that's all you need
Damn strait.