New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yes! support him! miura is awsome and deserves it.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Err... first post? 3rd won't get me killed will it?

I've been a huge berserk fan for years and years... Only just recently got into the manga though... I first stumbled on the Berserk anime from a fansub tape like 5 or 6 years ago? Something like that... I waited patiently for the official dvds which rekindled my Berserk addiction and finally got me to start looking for the rest of the story as I'd heard it kept going. I've been furiously buying the official Darkhorse releases... which have allowed me to see those earlier chapters and volumes all over again... I just wish they came out faster...

I love having the actual pages in hand as I spend most of my time looking at monitors at work.

This is my first berserk message board... but I dunno how much I'll actually post (As so much has been said already now that I go through and read it) and I already keep up with 3 or 4 other forums. heh

Anyway Thats the standard introduction type stuff correct?

:) Thanks for having me...
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

(welcome!!)

my problem:

so i have downloaded most of my berserk from the band of the hawks bit torrent site. i am new to the downloading process ( i say this with fear, i guess im used to flamers being around all the time, so please be nice). i have been trying to get the new releases of berserk chapters. i use azereus to get my other stuff, but it doesnt seem to be working. can anyone help me?

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

IRC...Make good friends with it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ooooh yea. so i can get the new releases of berserk from IRC? i remember using one summer for a while. but isnt it hard to find just one chapter using IRC?

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Lord Rae wrote:Anyway Thats the standard introduction type stuff correct?
Yeah, that's right.

Welcome aboard.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

just dont bother Eldo on IRC, he is probably tired of it :D
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Lord Rae wrote:Err... first post? 3rd won't get me killed will it?

I've been a huge berserk fan for years and years... Only just recently got into the manga though... I first stumbled on the Berserk anime from a fansub tape like 5 or 6 years ago? Something like that... I waited patiently for the official dvds which rekindled my Berserk addiction and finally got me to start looking for the rest of the story as I'd heard it kept going. I've been furiously buying the official Darkhorse releases... which have allowed me to see those earlier chapters and volumes all over again... I just wish they came out faster...

I love having the actual pages in hand as I spend most of my time looking at monitors at work.

This is my first berserk message board... but I dunno how much I'll actually post (As so much has been said already now that I go through and read it) and I already keep up with 3 or 4 other forums. heh

Anyway Thats the standard introduction type stuff correct?

:) Thanks for having me...
Welcome, I think you´ll like it here, and I also prefer to hold the Berserk mangas in my hand rather then reading on the computer. But hey, I need to know what happens next. And EG´s releases are the very best around :!:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Hey, Turd Ferguson here. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just got a little bored tonight I guess. :P

Actually, I'm not quite a first time poster. I posted once before back when EG was on DigitalPanic. I decided to play devil's advocate (woah, no pun intended considering the avatar) and defend a newb who was asking about Guts' ability to use the behelit. While conceding that Guts most likely would not be able to use the behelit, I argued that it was not totally inconceivable as Slan and some random spirits were known to have tempted him to use it. Eldo replied by saying it was not wise to side with the newb on the issue, but he did like my line of reasoning and said it was a fresh take on the subject. Apparently he wasn't kidding, as I see he mentioned my Slan comment when he wrote the FAQ. :wink:

I've been a Berserk fan since 2003, about the time Metallica released their St. Anger album. Though a sub-par release, a buddy and I found it wasn't too bad a listen if you were in an altered state of mind and reading/watching something creepy (we were getting drunk and reading online ghost stories during our first listen).

A third buddy (who just happened to be a huge anime fan) wanted to give the album a listen one night. I told him about the best way to listen to the album, and he said he had the perfect creepy thing to watch as we drank and listened to the music. His choice turned out to be the final DVD of the Berserk anime.

Between the booze, the creepy Metallica riffs and the Hawks being devoured by hideous demons, I was completely blown away. I had to watch this series from the beginning. For the next six nights, I headed over to my buddy's house at 1 AM after my closing shift at McDonald's and watched the DVDs, one per night. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I couldn't belive the depth of the story. Even though I had seen the events of the Eclipse first, I was still heartbroken to see what became of the Hawks when we reached that sixth DVD again. And that cliff-hangar ending! I was hooked.

My buddy assured my a second season was soon on the way (he believed the scene where Guts leaves Godo's house after the final credits was a preview of the new season). After checking the Internet for news, I discovered the series was actually quite old, and there was no second season. But during that same search, I found thespectrum.net and was able to find out what happened after the Eclipse. From thespectrum.net I found DigitalPanic, and the rest I guess is history.

On the whole, I'm not really a huge anime/manga fan. Other than Berserk, the only other series I truly enjoy is Hellsing. I've seen quite a few anime series as my buddy and his wife are big fans and have a decent collection. I just wasn't all that impressed; none of them come close to the depth of Berserk.

I also feel I should mention that I am completely creeped-out by the fact that while attempting to enter a signature for my profile, what I had planned on writing was already entered in the box! Get out of my head! :shock:
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Welcome to EG.

I can understand why you think no other is close to Berserk. I was new to manga when i read Berserk and thought that there might be many great mangas like Berserk but i can count those mangas with one hand.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

sorry to cut back to this again, but, isnt it hard to find just one particular chapter in IRC?
but u guys really think its worth it?

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Welcome to the forums.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Fuji Nagase wrote:sorry to cut back to this again, but, isnt it hard to find just one particular chapter in IRC?
but u guys really think its worth it?
Basically if EG didn't release it, then we don't host it.

IRC is interesting because it defines a protocol and 100 hundreds of networks exist with 10K+ channels on them each. If you know how to move around and where to look, you can find ANYTHING there.

I recommend hydraIRC if you use windows, its free (as in speech and beer) and has loads of features. mIRC is alright and the oldest, but the owner is a bitch and will charge you money for it. You will then have to resort to 'cracking' or finding a serial to make it not gimp.

To find older Berserk ( volume 26 or below), best bet is Hawks BT or find it somewhere on IRC.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i got 4-26 and im up to somewhere in 29.

i am a little expirienced about the whole IRC thing, but since what i usually want is particular, and IRC kinds of things are more general( ?) wouldn't it be hard to find the specific chapter (s)?

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Actually, I'm not quite a first time poster. I posted once before back when EG was on DigitalPanic. I decided to play devil's advocate (woah, no pun intended considering the avatar) and defend a newb who was asking about Guts' ability to use the behelit. While conceding that Guts most likely would not be able to use the behelit, I argued that it was not totally inconceivable as Slan and some random spirits were known to have tempted him to use it. Eldo replied by saying it was not wise to side with the newb on the issue, but he did like my line of reasoning and said it was a fresh take on the subject. Apparently he wasn't kidding, as I see he mentioned my Slan comment when he wrote the FAQ. :wink:
Um, I wrote the FAQ. I think you're confusing Eldo with myself, silly person.
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Starnum wrote: Um, I wrote the FAQ. I think you're confusing Eldo with myself, silly person.
Oops, sorry about the mis-credit. I attributed it to Eldo because I could have sworn for a while there was a reference to the Book of Eldo from the Holy FAQ.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that was a joke that was made once. *Shrugs*
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

so i went over the FAQ because i was a little confused about posting pics. will a place like photobucket be okay to link the pic to?

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Fuji Nagase wrote:so i went over the FAQ because i was a little confused about posting pics. will a place like photobucket be okay to link the pic to?
it is encouraged, photobucket, tinyurl... and other tools like that are ok.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thanks

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Starnum wrote: Um, I wrote the FAQ. I think you're confusing Eldo with myself, silly person.
Oops, sorry about the mis-credit. I attributed it to Eldo because I could have sworn for a while there was a reference to the Book of Eldo from the Holy FAQ.
I, uh, actually didn't read that introduction of yours, because it was a bit too long for my short attention span, but yeah, Starnum wrote the FAQ, I only made minor contribution like editing in some minor tidbits here and there. There was another FAQ thread that was called 'How the not get flamed for n00bs' or something in which I contributed by writing inane responses as well as some rules that nobody should follow.

Welcome anyway.

Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

sorry another question-
if u want a pic with ur sig. how do u post it?- i didnt understand that part of the FAQ Ans. about that. using the "img" or "url" button somehow?

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

just go to photobucket and copy the image one for posting in forums and paste that in your sig
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

make sure it has the [img] and [/img] tags around it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

okay, thanks.