The Official Art/Fan Art Thread

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: The Official Art/Fan Art Thread

Post by Fuji Nagase »

for some reason the line work reminds me a bit of the soul cali illust. i like the coloring and composition a lot. the pose is very stable and great for what its of. great work!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think the coloring is pretty awesome and the geometry had to be a bitch to figure out, but for some reason that lone eye through the visor irritates me because I feel you'd either be able to see more or nothing at all. If I did it (which i can't cause i'm not as good as you) i'd probably have faded out from the eye so that a lil more of the face was partially visible.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

MrFelony wrote:I think the coloring is pretty awesome and the geometry had to be a bitch to figure out, but for some reason that lone eye through the visor irritates me because I feel you'd either be able to see more or nothing at all. If I did it (which i can't cause i'm not as good as you) i'd probably have faded out from the eye so that a lil more of the face was partially visible.
I've gotten quite a few complaints about the eye so I did some (very) minor changes to it a couple days ago (click for full size of the tweaked version).

In theory, light is being reflected on the visor from Samus' left so the part where light isn't being reflected (the darkest shade of green) is where one should be able to see through. That's what I kept in mind before I even started coloring and that's why the eye is the only thing you can see in her visor.

It honestly didn't bother me at all but enough people complained that I felt like I should at least try to tweak it.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It's surprising what such a small change can do for the whole. It looks better now.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya i think it looks a lil better, and your explanation helped a lil too
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:It's surprising what such a small change can do for the whole. It looks better now.
I'm all about subtlety, motherfucker.

It's like doing animation.

Most people won't notice a wild single frame out a 5 second sequence but if you do it right, that single frame will add tremendously to the animation.

Even if people don't really realize it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ok, so you made it a little harder to see the eye? Yeah, I suppose that does make it look better.
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

hi, been lurkin' around the forum ever since I finished watching the Berserk anime, like at least a year and a half ago. So I just wanted to share some of my sprites with you guys.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Those sprites look amazing! Are they for some kind of game, or just for fun? A Berserk Beat'em'up in the style of Double Dragon would surely be fun times :D
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

If they were ever made into a fighting game, they'd look like that, Guilty Gear X style basicly.

I WAS planning on making guts into a character for the Mugen fighting engine.

but yea, they are just for fun.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

That is pretty bad ass man.

Do you have any other pixel pushing skills?

Perhaps for more of a web-based midland strategy game? ;)
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

sure, but I'm no programmer.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Sweet!
Makes me remember of Good ol' geeky RPGmaker.
I'm no geek...
I was 16 !!!
Good sprites nevertheless
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

Hey I remember tooling around with rpgmaker, made some really cool graphical intros and multiple path stories if you wanted to play as a good guy or a bad guy. I even put a warning if you chose to be the bad guy cause everytime you talk to anybody you get a choice to kill them, and if you killed too many people you'd get caught by the castle guards and get thrown into jail, then the story would continue cause you'd eventually break out.....

anyway....

I'm doing the Snake Baron sprite next
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Mega Man is great.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

That makes me remember of the comic miniserie that came out a few years ago. came out on Dreamweave production if I remember well. Anyway, good drawing. I like how you did the fire.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn that siiick. Do you give mer permission to wank my doodle to it?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:Damn that siiick. Do you give mer permission to wank my doodle to it?
Absolutely not, Buzkashi.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:Image

Mega Man is great.
Just start listening to The Protomen already you artsy faggot

...Image
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

That is one damn nice pic of Mega Man! You do the blue bomber great justice.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Shit...i dont want to go after Femto..this sucks..well here it goes...

this is some stuff i have finished right now though most have never touched a computer, so bare with me with some non-CG art. the quality doesnt quite do what i want but itll have to do.

illustration of a dramatic scene in a story called "Looking for Isis" with the proper architypal names. it only has a few of the characters but i still like it.

Water color on upo paper

this is about 4.5 ft long.

this is a mural i did at my high school before i left.
walking to the mural:
ImageImage

this is an inking series i did a while back. its basically about happiness though it doesnt look it. "to each his own" is the idea. whatever makes you happy, its still happiness no matter how obscure. even if its being a crazy killer who loves to dissect bodies or commit suicide or live in your insanity contently or even just kill your servant. its still happiness.

finally (phew) this is i did in less than 3 weeks. its the first 4 pages of the Looking for Isis comic mentioned. Indria is the character with the mohawk and the same character in these pages. she is basically trying to use her mad killing skillz to kill off the corrupt officials who are being assholes to her country. thats how it begins for her anyway.

the first 2 pages actually need to be explained. the process was etching on 20x35 (inches) PVC board and then wiping the ink and printing it on a press all by hand, all by myself. the second two pages were small 11x14 pages i inked then PSed a bit. the lettering is pretty messy because i was in a hurry but i did a lot of hard work researching weapons (via huge weapon and armor world history books) and designing everything so please enjoy! if you look closely you can find armor and weapons from around the world.

PAGE 1

close up

PAGE 2

PAGE 3

PAGE 4

so thats about it. i have a shit load more of course but i am lazy and i just posted a lot...probably too much i think. i hope someone out there likes them!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

That's freakin' awe-inspiring! I wish I could draw like that...
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thank you! can everyone see the whole pictures? the computer i am on shows only half of them but i think it might just be the computer.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

holy shit fuji, i'd probably buy some of your shit if you ever start selling. though one of the less bloody/freaky pieces like the watercoloring :lol:. I really like your style though. it kind of reminds me of the sandman series.

also, in the last picture, i love that painting in the background. it really contrasts the rest of the style really well i think.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thats a real copy of a painting of my good ol' pal Charlemagne. he was a model for the corrupt king that was assasinated in the 3rd and 4th page. i just always liked the guy and when i was all obsessed with the middle ages as a kid (though i certainly have not grown out of it) i made a number of biographies on him. i actually have belief that Miura used him as a model for the King of Midland. their facial stucture and many other things like the mustache and beard really looks so similar. there arnt as many Kings that looked like that as you may think.

well thank you for the nice comments! i am kind of shy about my art online. but i figure its EG, why not?

whenever i start selling ill let you guys know. but for now im not really into that. i like to sell copies...i hate giving away original art..it sucks. just remember my name and one day buy my shiiiit! yeah! support Fuji art!!wooo!