Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by Istvan »

lordmulatto wrote:that guy was kinda good but i think he was a little too fat
Well I don't think you're ever going to find a Guts cosplayer who has the right physique to properly portray Guts, it's just not going to happen. That guy wasn't too bad, all things considered.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

Istvan wrote:
Well I don't think you're ever going to find a Guts cosplayer who has the right physique to properly portray Guts, it's just not going to happen. That guy wasn't too bad, all things considered.
yeah i know what you're saying its not like he was horribly obese
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:
Oh, it's definitely possible. Several wrestlers come to mind that could pull it off. Yeah, you have to be a hulk of a man to pull it off, so I guess don't worry about it. Cosplay's supposed to be about having fun anyway, right? I mean unless you can just get an amazing costume, it's not going to be perfect anyway. *shrugs*
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Yeah, at least he wasn't the fat dude cosplaying Sailor Moon.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

that would have been more disturbing instead of funny
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Oh, it's definitely possible. Several wrestlers come to mind that could pull it off. Yeah, you have to be a hulk of a man to pull it off, so I guess don't worry about it. Cosplay's supposed to be about having fun anyway, right? I mean unless you can just get an amazing costume, it's not going to be perfect anyway. *shrugs*
Well, I'll agree that there are people in this world who could pull it off, but that's why I said you probably wouldn't find "a Guts cosplayer" who could. And yeah, cosplaying is supposed to be about having fun, and it doesn't need to be perfect. That's why I was defending the person in question, because he did a pretty good job, really.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

hahaha yeah yeah i know i just keep forgetting to lower my standards
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

maybe you should cosplay and see just how hard it really is to do, especially well, and photogenic. anyways, since dagda mor seems to have disappeared, I'm gonna do a different idea for a berserk cosplay. I'm looking to do something very very hard and a female character. right now i'm thinking of farnese either in her holy chain armor or her dress during the ball the tiger's crash. for the armor i'm gonna try to do leather because it looks the most authentic, but i'm not so sure how to do it yet, so if anyone has any ideas. thanks. i'm totally open do doing a demon, slan may even be a good idea, with her wings and all.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What? Aren't you a guy? You're gonna dress up like a girl? >.>
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:maybe you should cosplay and see just how hard it really is to do, especially well, and photogenic. anyways, since dagda mor seems to have disappeared, I'm gonna do a different idea for a berserk cosplay. I'm looking to do something very very hard and a female character. right now i'm thinking of farnese either in her holy chain armor or her dress during the ball the tiger's crash. for the armor i'm gonna try to do leather because it looks the most authentic, but i'm not so sure how to do it yet, so if anyone has any ideas. thanks. i'm totally open do doing a demon, slan may even be a good idea, with her wings and all.
Serious question......Are you looking for an excuse to dress in women's clothes?

What happened to all that talk about dressing up as your boy Roderick, among others? And in regards to being "hard", the hardest thing in your case would be to be taken seriously......"Farnese at the ball....?????"

Though that's just my opinion................
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

Starnum wrote:What? Aren't you a guy? You're gonna dress up like a girl? >.>
i'm just as confused as you are
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

i'm totally open do doing a demon, slan may even be a good idea, with her wings and all.
Are you serious??? I don't care what gender you are, how can you possibly think you could "dress" as Slann without being arrested??
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Istvan wrote:
i'm totally open do doing a demon, slan may even be a good idea, with her wings and all.
Are you serious??? I don't care what gender you are, how can you possibly think you could "dress" as Slann without being arrested??
What? Only in America it is more of a felon to walk around bare-breasted than walking around with a gun holstered. *shrug*

Anyway I too cannot understand how in the world a GUY would like to dress as either Farnese or Slan. Dressing up a girlfriend as one of them, well that' some other matter :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:What? Only in America it is more of a felon to walk around bare-breasted than walking around with a gun holstered. *shrug*
Wait, what the hell are you talking about? Tell me you're joking, that just sounds too stereotypical. Dude, you have to have a permit to conceal a weapon. You can't just walk down the street with a gun strapped, even if you are licensed, and it's not like just anyone is permitted to carry either. Correct me if I'm wrong here fellow Americans. The right to bare arms doesn't mean you can carry them in public. It just means you're allowed to own one. Rifles can be transported for hunting, if kept in a visible location. Otherwise you need a license to carry and conceal one, especially a handgun. Most civilians don't have a license to carry firearms, which means you better not be caught with one in public otherwise. I don't even think the majority of Americans own guns, but I don't know the statistics. I may not be entirely clear on it, but I know if you're caught packin heat they're gonna trip balls on you. Even if you had a licenses, you wouldn't want to go around with your gun out, unless you want to scare people and get the cops on your ass. If you're caught naked they're just gonna laugh at you and take your ass in. :P

Oh, and public indecency is only a misdemeanor, unless you're in a school zone or something. Also, gun laws are different depending on the state, so I'm not sure what everyone's policies are, but what I said is the general gist that I get, heh. Just thought I should mention that.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

You can easily plead insanity though if you were trying to cosplay slan.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

DrPepperPro wrote:You can easily plead insanity though if you were trying to cosplay slan.
exactly so have fun
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

This is all I'm going to post about guys cosplaying as attractive women:
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Istvan wrote:
What? Only in America it is more of a felon to walk around bare-breasted than walking around with a gun holstered. *shrug*

Anyway I too cannot understand how in the world a GUY would like to dress as either Farnese or Slan. Dressing up a girlfriend as one of them, well that' some other matter :D
Not just bare-breasted, completely naked. And as Starnum pointed out, this is only a misdemeanor, not a major crime, so your comment was rather stereotypical. Still, I can't (off the top of my head) think of any first-world country where one could walk around naked all day in a hotel and not expect to be arrested.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

dialdfordesi wrote:This is all I'm going to post about guys cosplaying as attractive women:
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

first on that creepy guy dressed up as sailor moon *shivers*
and secondly on the video perfect choice
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Istvan wrote:
If that's the case, I guess lonevvolf must have been texting us from San Quentin for these past couple weeks......

.....though luckily for him, being stateside, the cops had no problem with the blood soaked demon horn he had been impaling people with.

*Seriously though, why do people choose to comment on issues that, apparently, they have no fucking clue about?..... :?

I could care less that you chose to make yourself look like a clown (again) for the sake of force-feeding people your politics, but you cross the line in regards to your utter ignorance of Berserk, its cast of character's and their attire (or lack of it).
Aetherfukz wrote:Anyway I too cannot understand how in the world a GUY would like to dress as either Farnese or Slan.
You're just jealous the Herald stole your idea.....................
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Starnum wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:What? Only in America it is more of a felon to walk around bare-breasted than walking around with a gun holstered. *shrug*
Wait, what the hell are you talking about? Tell me you're joking, that just sounds too stereotypical. Dude, you have to have a permit to conceal a weapon. You can't just walk down the street with a gun strapped, even if you are licensed, and it's not like just anyone is permitted to carry either. Correct me if I'm wrong here fellow Americans. The right to bare arms doesn't mean you can carry them in public. It just means you're allowed to own one. Rifles can be transported for hunting, if kept in a visible location. Otherwise you need a license to carry and conceal one, especially a handgun. Most civilians don't have a license to carry firearms, which means you better not be caught with one in public otherwise. I don't even think the majority of Americans own guns, but I don't know the statistics. I may not be entirely clear on it, but I know if you're caught packin heat they're gonna trip balls on you. Even if you had a licenses, you wouldn't want to go around with your gun out, unless you want to scare people and get the cops on your ass. If you're caught naked they're just gonna laugh at you and take your ass in. :P

Oh, and public indecency is only a misdemeanor, unless you're in a school zone or something. Also, gun laws are different depending on the state, so I'm not sure what everyone's policies are, but what I said is the general gist that I get, heh. Just thought I should mention that.
Varies greatly by state (one of the few issues in which states' rights still generally take precedence over federal authority). I know that my home state of Arizona, for example, has much looser gun control than most states, a holdover from our rootin' tootin' wild west cowboy heritage. Here, as long as you don't carry concealed, you can pack heat all you like without any kind of license.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

damn you're lucky there's a whole bunch of shit you have to do in utah to get guns and shit it sucks
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

WTF?! I'm confused how did this turn from a berserk cosplay thread into talk about trannies packin' heat in the wild west?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

lordmulatto wrote:damn you're lucky there's a whole bunch of shit you have to do in utah to get guns and shit it sucks
At least you get to have a wife for each day of the week........

BTW....fujinsan that last comment was hilarious!