::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Lets just see it this way between SC and IO. Baton pass :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know, I have a hard time trusting anyone who doesn't like Manabu, but I've got to thank SC for releasing all that Recca. First come first serve, that's all I can say. Anyway, I'm ready to see this next fight. Manabu better freakin win. If Ippo has to fight Hoshi, I swear to God! No, surely he'll win. *has faith*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Itagaki will win cause he wont lost and let his senpai lower himself to fight a rookie when he is at the door to the world stage.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I think he will win somehow, it seems like its gonna be a rough fight.
I've begun to think if Itagaki will get badly hurt so he has to retire from boxing after this win, mostly because they talk a lot about injuries now

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Naah Itagaki is too good cause he is the first champion material they got since way back when they got Ippo.

He is too important to the story to sacrifice like Sawamura.

You know why i know he wont retire cause they have made a hole new generation of fighters for him to fight hard matches with like Ippo and Miyata,Sendo,Mashiba etc
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I can agree with that. Plus, now that I think about it, this fight is just what he needs to get back into the swing of things. He’s got to remember to keep his eyes on his senpai’s back. He’s got the baton pass after all. He’s going to bring the featherweight belt back to the gym. ;)
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

This fight has so much riding on it, not just with Itagaki and that karate dude that challenged Ippo, but also because of the trainer who said he'll quit if Itagaki loses.

As a fan, I would want Manabu to win, of course. But looking at it from a storywriter's perspective, there is more plot and tension that could be created if Itagaki loses. I'm excited to see what the Mangaka chooses to do. If he lets Itagaki lose, then he has a lot of new material to work with (how the Gym recovers from losing a trainer (if he really does end up quitting), how Itagaki recovers from a major loss, another foreshadowing of Ippo and Miyata missing the match they have been waiting for their entire careers, etc.

On the other hand, if he makes it so that Itagaki wins, then he needs to have something else come up to disrupt their fight. At this point, I think it would be too sudden for Itagaki to just win and then practically out of nowhere some other obstacle comes up to interfere with the Ippo-Miyata fight. Major events like these require some good foreshadowing to make them that much more exciting. That's why I'm more inclined to think that Itagaki will lose. All the forshadowing so far is pointing to yet another interference between Ippo and Miyata, and the one that's been building up for a while now concerns the West Rookie king guy. To have all that buildup go to waste with an Itagaki win would be kind of odd, the way I see it. But I really don't want to see Itagaki lose again, either :(

Edit: The key thing to consider is that this story is called "Hajime no Ippo", and storywise, there would be more room for development of the bigger picture if Ippo did not have to fight against Miyata yet because of the way things have been written so far. The mangaka has been setting up a big tragedy for a while now, so I can't say I'm confident Itagaki will win.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe there will be other things that will stop the "fated" fight.

Storywise Itagaki has to win cause Ippo cant fight Hoshi a rookie when he has conquered japan so many times already. He must move on maybe not with Miyata but still move on.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word "foreshadowing"...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Why woulndt i understand that?

I know what Itagaki losing means but it will lame beyond words if Ippo is forced to fight a rookie.

Foreshadowing with how much strong this new generation is and that Itagaki will have hard time with them talk means they are his prey not Ippos.

I dont even care about his match with Miyata, i want him to progress to OPBF level and then world.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Looks like IO released some new chapters.

And not to shabby if I say so myself.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Well damn, I'm glad my worst fears didn't become a reality. That boy cleaned him UP!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

We all knew Manabu would win but im totaly chocked in what way he won.

Ippo should really hope that Manabu doesnt go after him ;)

What an amazing fight!

This mangaka is the best, even though you think you know what will happen in sport manga that can be predictable he still finds ways of suprising you.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well shit, I wish I hadn't read that. I guess I need to go read the fight now. I knew Manabu wouldn't lose though. Too much was riding on it, thus he's fighting for something. We all know the Japanese are invincible when they have a good cause, lol. No seriously though, I want to see Miyata and Ippo fight. There's no reason why they shouldn't fight. They can always fight again for the world title, later on. If they don't fight soon I'm going to kill someone, heh. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Do as i do always check bakamanga if Ippo is out before coming to this thread ;) Otherwise you will be spoiled.

Actaully i dont care about Miyata vs Ippo as much Ippo vs any world ranker.

I want to see him fight a diffrent kind of boxning much more than Miyata.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I usually do, but I had forgotten that last time. It's okay though, because nothing could have prepared me for the severe ownage Itagaki put down on Hoshi. Man, that was just scary. It's a shame he's so horribly under represented in the new PS2 game, All Stars. Best boxing game ever, btw.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

I couldn't resist and read ahead with the raws. But I don't want to spoil stuff, so I have to settle for expressing my impatience here while I wait for it to get translated so we can discuss :D

D'oh!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Manabu won much much easier then I thought, thought he would loose but I was dead wrong as usual :D
Wonder if Manabu is gonna want to fight Ippo in the future or not.
If they did fight I think Ippo would win because manabu would shit his pants just by seeing Ippos glair :P

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think it'd be as easy for Ippo to win as some might think, but I'd still bet on Ippo. Although, if Manabu does ever want to challenge him, he'll have to leave the gym. It's a rule in boxing you can't challenge your Senpai for a belt if you're in the same gym. Although, you never know, he just might.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

It might be to soon for him to leave the gym right away, but after a few fights (If all of them is as easy as this one was) he might begin to wonder if he just might have a chance to win against Ippo.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He can wonder how much he wants he has to improve to Miyata level to have a chance against Ippo and Itagaki is way of the level of Miyata right now.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Damn, hot out of the oven, HNI chaps 714-723!!! AS usual by Ignition One, I guess they got their gready hands on the book release :D. Get then torrent at mangaupdate.

Dowloading now, I'll be back....
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

H-O-L-Y SHIT. I really cant believe what I just read. To be honest though, I really enjoyed it. Its a nice change. But it was still crazy as hell. Come one you bastards read the chapter so I can discuss it with you.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Well, it was only a matter of time before this cliche showed up. All we can wonder is how is the author planning the whole thing, I hope it doesnt take too long, I'm urging for another good Ippo fight, Ippo's last match was pretty boring.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

What do you mean cliche? Personally I don't know why Miyata backs up. Personally I think it has to do with his father or boxing style, because those are the 2 things he seems to care most, along with fighting Ippo.

Last fight wasn't lame, just disappointing in term of Ippo's mental skills (as well as the coach actually).