Ask Dr. Eldo

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Ask Dr. Eldo

Post by Buzkashi »

Did you say school uniforms??
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

wow, these questions have really gone down a notch in difficulty i think.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That last question of mine was like a Christopher Walken Joke, sort of.

Also, I don't see how the government wouldn't profit off of legalizing pot. I mean, they could charge like $20 for a pack, lol. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Q: what would you give to have casca's memory returned?
My first born, if he wasn't sold to slavery already.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

the government cant make money because its so easy to make it yourself, so why buy it if you can grow it? alcohol is harder to make it yourself so they can get lots of money after legalizing it.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Dunno about that. Beer's pretty easy to make. You can even get instant beer making kits over here. You can knock up a bigass barrel-full and it'll be ready in like 5 weeks. Which reminds me, I need to make room in my cupboards for food so... :beer:
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

If the government allows for the controlled production of marijuana and taxes the hell out of it they could make some decent cash if they crack down hard on "bootleg weed."

Anyways, if I had to make money by legal means, what would be the best way?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

William Randolph Hearst had accumulated a chain of newspapers that made him the most influential man in America. He also owned vast timber holdings which fed the paper industry. Lammont Du Pont was his friend and supplied toxic chemicals which were needed for making paper. He was also the spearhead for a fledgling petrochemical industry. Both men stood to loose large if hemp turned the industrial revolution corner, which it looked like it was about to do with the invention of the "decorticator", a far superior machine to Jefferson's hemp break. With this new invention, it appeared that hemp could now be processed quickly enough to be used for paper and plywood instead of trees, and the petrochemical industry was and embarrassment considering you can make the same five hundred biodegradable products from hemp. This was not good news for Mr. Hearst or Mr. Dupont. Henry Ford had already made and fueled a car almost entirely from hemp, and it actually looked as if hemp had the capacity to affect Hearst and DuPont's bottom line.

Hearst ordered all his editors to write scathing stories about marijuana to which they replied, "What's that?" Hearst made the word up because he knew no one would believe scathing stories about hemp. The articles all denigrated Mexicans, African Americans, Jazz Musicians, and the city of New Orleans, suggesting that marijuana use would certainly lead to crime, insanity, and early violent death. After a few years of this bombardment, the country was primed for the marijuana tax act of 1937.
http://www.viperrecords.com/newprohibit ... tory.shtml
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:If the government allows for the controlled production of marijuana and taxes the hell out of it they could make some decent cash if they crack down hard on "bootleg weed."
Yeah, basically. It would still be illegal to cultivate it personally. It just goes to show the true nature of reality. It's not illegal so much because of it's negative qualities (I mean cigarettes are legal, and the "Truth" commercials told me they were the devil, and there's always alcohol. Drunk driving accidents are one of the number one killers after all.) it's just more so about how better they can make money off of it. Not like people grow their own tobacco. Hell most people don't even like to buy "roll-your-owns", I'm sure they could make money off of it. However, instead they're probably profiting more by keeping it illegal and making drug busts. I'm not exactly sure, but they probably turn that basically free confiscated drugs into money. That way they're essentially getting something for nothing. Then again, maybe I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about. :lol:
Finito

Post by Finito »

What do you think should happen next summer?

What is Evil-Genius's most evil thing they did?

Do you know where I could cosplay like this:
[youtube]0Z256IZvGlE&mode=related&search=[/youtube]?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

What do you think should happen next summer?
It should get fairly hot.
We adopted a puppy and placed it in an abusive environment.
Do you know where I could cosplay like this?
No.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Eldo wrote:
We adopted a puppy and placed it in an abusive environment.
This puppy would later be known to the general populace as Buzkashi.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Why is it considered childish to like anime?
Is it considered childish in USA too?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

why is jesus so awesome?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Why is it considered childish to like anime?
Because most of the people who watch it are kids.
Is it considered childish in USA too?
Only be the older people.
why is jesus so awesome?
Because he's trying to act like me.

Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

what do you do when you're out of beer and out of cash at the same time
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Eedze wrote:what do you do when you're out of beer and out of cash at the same time
Even I can answer that:

You commit suicide.

Pd: sorry for necroing, but this thread was just too awesome and I cant acept the fact that is......*weeps pathethically*..... dying....

Pd2: The fact that in my country is 2:30 am in a school/laboral day and I am incredibly bored should be also taken into consideration...
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i always loved this thread...hopefully it wont die.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

As do I. I was rereading this thread the other day, and I'm thinking, 'I can't believe I said that before'.

But yeah, feel free to ask a question, and I'll answer it with full professionalism that you can't get anywhere else. Talk to your priest about your problems? No, he'll probably fondle you instead. Talk to Dr. Eldo. He'll do it for free (answer your questions, not fondle). This is the place that'll teach your about condoms and none of that abstinence crap.

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Suppose there is a labyrinth, with 3 exits. One leads to salvation, and the other two to eternal damnation. In front of every door there is a guard. I only got once chance to ask one question and then I have to walk through a door, never coming back.

This I know: One always tells the truth, one always lies, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.

How will I ever get out?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Ask the one who tells the truth which one is the door to salvation, and go out that way.

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I got you!

Dr. Eldo:

My time freezing machine is complete and its purpose has been fulfilled, what should I do now?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I have a problem with staring at women with very large breasts, however the only reason why it is a problem is because the very large breasted women say its a problem. Are they right?

Also, what damages could occur if i were to lets say, push a female down some stairs?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:I got you!

Dr. Eldo:

My time freezing machine is complete and its purpose has been fulfilled, what should I do now?

Hehe, XKCD is an awesome comic indeed :D
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I always drink beer on Fridays, why is that?
Is it some kind of ancient ocult Swedish ritual of sorts or why do I have this urge?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)