The one and only Xbox 360 thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Are you going to get an Xbox 360?

Got mine at Launch
9%
Going to get one when demand is Lower
9%
Going to wait until a price drop
14%
Going to wait until PS3 comes out to compare the two
7%
Going to wait until Christmas 2006 and Get Both Xbox360 and PS3
5%
Laughing my ass off that the solution to the power supply overheating and causing crashes is to use a piece of string.
56%

Total votes: 43

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: The one and only Xbox 360 thread

Post by War Machine »

Aetherfukz wrote:
A "Special Package" version of the PlayStation 2 release of the game was sold in Japan only, including a USB device called a Trance Vibrator, which pulses in time with the music. The intended use of the device would be to hold it, put it in a pocket, or sit on it while playing (a pouch was provided to protect the device); similar to the DualShock, it would vibrate in time with the music, but much more powerfully than the DualShock's own feedback, helping to extend the synesthesia to the player's feeling of touch. While not explicitly marketed as a sex toy or masturbatory aid, it has reportedly been used as such.
Ah those funny japanese :D
That looks nice, but I'm not that lonely :)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I never played any of the previous Turok series, but the latest is quite enjoyable. I've been playing it for the last couple of days and although I can't find time to sit down for 5 hours on it, I enjoy the graphics and the gameplay.

Some people said that it doesn't have the original character so it's already soured, but I suppose since I never played the older versions I couldn't weigh in on that.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

War Machine wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:
A "Special Package" version of the PlayStation 2 release of the game was sold in Japan only, including a USB device called a Trance Vibrator, which pulses in time with the music. The intended use of the device would be to hold it, put it in a pocket, or sit on it while playing (a pouch was provided to protect the device); similar to the DualShock, it would vibrate in time with the music, but much more powerfully than the DualShock's own feedback, helping to extend the synesthesia to the player's feeling of touch. While not explicitly marketed as a sex toy or masturbatory aid, it has reportedly been used as such.
Ah those funny japanese :D
That looks nice, but I'm not that lonely :)
Wonder if the Japanese will use it for some Hentai type games....Hopefully that can be played online?

J/K
Let's put a smile on that face...............
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

xbox gamer tag: Mutazz, if my roommate is not playing halo 3 constantly. though im down to play some halo.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

ok so I've played lost odyssey. Does seth remind anyone else a little of caska in her design? dunno if its just me.
"Context is for Kings"
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Seth doesn't remind me of Caska at all, but her hair is exactly like Evarella's.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MadDogMike wrote:Seth doesn't remind me of Caska at all, but her hair is exactly like Evarella's.
Is the game any good?

Ironic how the 360 has all the RPG's while Playstation has shit.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

The Prince wrote:
MadDogMike wrote:Seth doesn't remind me of Caska at all, but her hair is exactly like Evarella's.
Is the game any good?

I think the game is very good, definitely worth my hard earned money. It has an extremely emotional story, very good english voice acting (except for the two kids, whose acting seems a bit cheesy and over the top at times...), a simple but in my opinion still very fun and effective combat system (reminiscent of the old-school Final Fantasy games but with a few small twists) as well as EXCELLENT graphics and presentation.

I've noticed that IGN said that the combat was too much like an old-school Final Fantasy game and that they wanted something new. Well I've got to say that this old-school combat system was exactly what I was looking for in an RPG, they couldn't have done it better. Sometimes you need to realise that to keep things fun you have to keep them simple.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MadDogMike wrote:
The Prince wrote:
Is the game any good?

I think the game is very good, definitely worth my hard earned money. It has an extremely emotional story, very good english voice acting (except for the two kids, whose acting seems a bit cheesy and over the top at times...), a simple but in my opinion still very fun and effective combat system (reminiscent of the old-school Final Fantasy games but with a few small twists) as well as EXCELLENT graphics and presentation.

I've noticed that IGN said that the combat was too much like an old-school Final Fantasy game and that they wanted something new. Well I've got to say that this old-school combat system was exactly what I was looking for in an RPG, they couldn't have done it better. Sometimes you need to realise that to keep things fun you have to keep them simple.
Is the game linear or semi-open ended? Its no revelation that the next generation of RPG's are looking to evolve past the old-school RPG premise in two ways: making games more open-ended and more action oriented battle engines.

Though the problem with making games more open-minded, is that it comes at the cost of maintaining a deep coherent storyline or at least makes one harder to pull-off.

Don't know about how other people here feel, but I really enjoyed FF12's combat engine. I really think it added an extra dimension of strategy, while reducing the redundancy of random battles yet making really interesting boss battles.....though the summons were practically worthless.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Prince wrote:Ironic how the 360 has all the RPG's while Playstation has shit.
I was wondering how Microsoft Game Studios could make a game that looks that good, so I checked on gamefaqs for the game desginers and whatnot. This is what I found:

Game Design - Hironobu Sakaguchi
Character Design - Takehiko Inoue
Music Composer - Nobuo Uematsu
Game Script/Story - Kiyoshi Shigematsu
Producer - Hiroshi Kawai
Director - Daisuke Fukugawa
Director - Takahiro Kaminagayoshi
Art Director - Takamasa Ohsawa

Now that sounds like the Microsoft I know. They bought their talent.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

The Prince wrote:Is the game linear or semi-open ended? Its no revelation that the next generation of RPG's are looking to evolve past the old-school RPG premise in two ways: making games more open-ended and more action oriented battle engines.

Though the problem with making games more open-minded, is that it comes at the cost of maintaining a deep coherent storyline or at least makes one harder to pull-off.

Don't know about how other people here feel, but I really enjoyed FF12's combat engine. I really think it added an extra dimension of strategy, while reducing the redundancy of random battles yet making really interesting boss battles.....though the summons were practically worthless.
The game is mostly linear, but there are plenty of side-areas to visit and other things to do that aren't central to the main quest.

I didn't mind FF12's combat system. I thought it reduced the coolness of spells and summons a lot though.

I find that Lost Odyssey's random battles don't get repetitive and boring, and I'm about 40 hours into the game and on disk 3. The reason is that they've greatly reduced the amount of random battles and instead increased the difficulty and rewards of each battle to make up for it. What this means is that you don't have to fight another enemy every few steps you take like in the older FF games, you can cover quite a lot of ground and explore quite a bit without having to worry about encountering too many battles.
War Machine wrote:Now that sounds like the Microsoft I know. They bought their talent.
Microsoft Game Studios didn't make Lost Odyssey, Mistwalker Studios did. Microsoft published the game for them.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

MadDogMike wrote:
War Machine wrote:Now that sounds like the Microsoft I know. They bought their talent.
Microsoft Game Studios didn't make Lost Odyssey, Mistwalker Studios did. Microsoft published the game for them.
Oh, I see. Since Microsoft helped finance Mistwalker Studios' inception, they made Lost Odyssey for the 360.

I'm still bitter for what they did to Rareware.

Anyway, LO looks cool, I hope they make a port.
Last edited by War Machine on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine is an idiot.

You heard it here first, folks.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

No, I've said it before. Although in my defense, it's very easy to confuse developer and publisher.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

yeah it is. But not in this case. This is suppose to be the second big release from mistwalker.
"Context is for Kings"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

So Mistwalker studios is basically half the guys who created Final Fantasy?
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Yep, pretty much. I don't think Nobuo Uematsu counts though, he's just been contracted to make the music for this game as far as I know.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

yeah Mistwalker is Squaresoft basically. I think the left at about the time they became Square Enix.
"Context is for Kings"
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I urge all you assholes to get on Live and download The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.

Download the XNA Creators Club Launcher first and then get this game.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Much better than the vast majority of XBLA titles out there.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Oro wrote:anyone playing COD4 online over here?
Good to hear from you Oro... and no I not play COD4 online, I have it but dont play online, it seems difficult to find a game or players on xbox live... although I do have a sucky internet connection so that could be the problem... although Halo 3 I have no troubles finding games and players to shoot :twisted: .... where you at anyway?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Femto wrote:I urge all you assholes to get on Live and download The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.

Download the XNA Creators Club Launcher first and then get this game.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Much better than the vast majority of XBLA titles out there.
Bump.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Really hope Too Human wont be delayed one more time.
Its going to be awesome :D

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6186635 ... gdc08_live

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm feeling a little mixed about Too Human.

I will have to wait for reviews before I decide if it's worth 60 bucks or not.

Earth Defense Force 2017 is awesome.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Loeviz wrote:Really hope Too Human wont be delayed one more time.
Its going to be awesome :D

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6186635 ... gdc08_live

seriously, like 8 years of crappy investments in different engines. A law suit with its own current unreal 3 engine with epic-games. them trying sooo many different things into one, i really hope that they can pull it off, but it isnt my "top" games that i am looking forward to in 2008.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

9 years actually :)
Ofcourse this is not The Game of 2008, but it has potential to become something really entertaining.
A Diablo like game would be sweet to play sometimes when you get tired of all the FPS

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)