::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

hadi wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:Aight so a grip of new chapters out by ignition one. *God I love them*

Anyways I wonder who the guy in the crowd was? I'm thinking it kinda looked like the world champion. Cause of the mustache and shit. But I havent seen him in a while so I cant be sure.
I think the mustache guy has something to do with miyata senior and his last fight as a boxer..
a bunch of your questions, as a forum that is, are loaded with spoilers for the current chapters
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

If your not caught up with the chapters then dont look in a thread about the manga. Seriously of course were gona talk about current events in it. What else would you think we'd talk about.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

the latest chapter I read was 665 by IG1, so when I said I "think" he was someone that has s/t to do with Miyata's father that was a speculation!!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Albator wrote:Well Miyata still have to win his fight, and I think he will, otherwise that would be twice in a row that he doesn't fulfill his promise. I thought that the Ippo-Miyata fight would be the last of the manga though, something for the world title or somethin'. Hey maybe they will fight more than once.
2 chaps ago I thought Take was dead, really. And I still don't buy that fight, Ippo already saw people fighting low, like Bryan Hawk or the Sea guy (forgot his name).
Well, the main issue isn't just that Take was lower than him, but that he was pressing into his body, and lifting him up a bit to completely neutralize his rotation, which was new for him. Besides, in boxing, rotation is extremely important, because it allows you to put your weight into the punch. Just using your arms isn't nearly as effective. As for the Ippo and Miyata fight, I'm guessing they probably will have two fights, but that's just a guess. Speaking of guesses, I'm thinking that the mysterious guy that distracted Miyata in his last fight is probably the son of the guy who ended Miyata Senior's career.

Oh, and I'd like to give a woot for Ignition 1, just for the speedy releases. Snoopy's trans are slightly better, but they're slow, and they don't like Manabu, so to hell with them.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

SC should be better since they take a year to realese a vol,also IGO is better on translating. You can feell SC's trans being too much direct from the japanese while ignition makes it sound like normal english.

Miyata and ippo i dont give a sh't about, i care more about the fight that we hear about in chap 667.

It will be an awesome and sick fight :P
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

Are you kidding me!!!!
two psychos in the ring, it's gonna be a sick fight.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Buzkashi wrote:If your not caught up with the chapters then dont look in a thread about the manga. Seriously of course were gona talk about current events in it. What else would you think we'd talk about.
I am caught up. I was just saying that because alot of you want to know stuff that i do but they are full of spoilers
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:You can feell SC's trans being too much direct from the japanese while ignition makes it sound like normal english.
Um, no. Having everyone say shit like "ain't", "gonna", and "aight" isn't normal English. I can't stand that shit, because no Japanese person speaks that way. Thankfully they don't use too much slang.
Libaax wrote:Miyata and ippo i dont give a sh't about
I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

First of all i wasn't talking about words like "ain't" and stuff, im talking about how SC trans sounds like a shaolin monk trying to speak english with ignition one trans are so fluent that you dont even notice which language the trans is in.

Also when i say i dont care about Miyata and Ippo i mean i dont care about their fight cause some******* spoiled their fight for me in Dynamite glove forums long before i knew they were gonna fight eachother.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Libaax wrote:First of all i wasn't talking about words like "ain't" and stuff, im talking about how SC trans sounds like a shaolin monk trying to speak english with ignition one trans are so fluent that you dont even notice which language the trans is in.
you think that's bad? in a sub for the japanese version of power rangers ninja storm (i stopped watching pr but the sentai stuff is the shit), just to give you some reference, the translator opted to use both "dawg" and "nigga please". That is some bad translation.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:First of all i wasn't talking about words like "ain't" and stuff, im talking about how SC trans sounds like a shaolin monk trying to speak english with ignition one trans are so fluent that you dont even notice which language the trans is in.

Also when i say i dont care about Miyata and Ippo i mean i dont care about their fight cause some******* spoiled their fight for me in Dynamite glove forums long before i knew they were gonna fight eachother.
Ah, I see, well that's understandable. That's why I love having Mystic do the trans for Berserk, because the old guy we used to use, Saiki, was WAY too direct sounding. You've had the Miyata/Ippo fight ruined for you? Man, that sucks. I feel for you on that.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I would find the man who spoiled it for me. No matter what. I would go to his house and make him feel my wrath.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

go "takamura at the end of the hawk fight" on him
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Questions

Is the manga that much diffrent from the Anime?

Should I pick up the manga after the Anime leaves off? Because I am almost done with the Anime.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Damien wrote:Questions

Is the manga that much diffrent from the Anime?

Should I pick up the manga after the Anime leaves off? Because I am almost done with the Anime.
the manga and anime are very different. There are slight differences here and there but not anything significant. You should read the manga if you want to find out how the next fourty volumes play out. After you have seen the ova and the tv special, Start at Volume 35 Round 315

a specific answer here: http://www.dynamiteglove.com/faq.shtml
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I really wish there was MORE ippo tv series to watch gah. The best sports anime imo. I shall watch the 2 movies and then start where the anime left off.

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

after reading one of the fights later on, i reallly reeeeaaaaallllllyyy wish there was an animated version to it.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

IS it possible for the creators of the Anime to ever make more?

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Studio madhouse has said they would like to make more but it just has never happened.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I really dont care if they ever do an anime on it again despite the anime bieng my fav anime of all,cause the manga is amazing.

You start from chapter 1,the little diffrences are worth it cause the anime censored some of Taka's jokes and that worth reading.

http://dman.dirtymonday.net/Ippo.html

I found that link where you can download the latest chaps DL.

The Sawamura vs Mashiba has been awesome so far. The fight started as i thought,Sawamuras freakish natural talents showing he can overcome the flickers atleast so far.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Another huge batch of releases by Ignition-One (686-692).

I thought this fight would be shorter, I don't mind though.
I thougth Mashiba would win for sure, but I don't know anymore. Lots of character developement for *insert opponent name, how can I forget*, he's still a bastard but not as 'unlikable'. And he's one hell of a boxer.

Mashiba got the 'sister factor' out in the fight early, so I wonder what he's going to rely to close on the fight.

It's cool that the fight are somehow unpredictable (except for Sawamura) between side characters. At least I can't really predict it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

This fight is the most unpredictble cause none of them are main character that you know will win.

Both have as much to loose and win.

Sawamura should win if it was only about skill but this fight is everything but normal.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Sorry in my last post I meant Takamura, not Sawamura, got confused.

But you know, I really have a hard time predicting ALL fights, even Ippo's ones. And that's because there's so much developement, I expect both sides to lose or win, and both sides would come out with a gain out of it and it wouldn't be a shame. Good storytelling I guess, not that I'm an expert.

I know Ippo's got to win, or others main characters, but only Tkamura has this aura of invicibility, all the others are pretty much up for grabs. The narration of the lead to the fight and the fight itself always leave the door open to several outcomes.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats what the greatness of this manga and why it has surpassed Berserk as my fav manga.

The storytelling is so amazing that even when ippo fights you are not sure he will win if he meets someone good. Only Taka is an immortal and i geuss even he will fall soon.

One of my fav part of the manga is the build up to matches,where the story focus on the boxers life,the hard knock life.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

This Mashiba/Samawura fight is easily one of my favorites.