The Official Art/Fan Art Thread

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Crap, I forgot to reply to Buzkashi's post. No, it's not Slan. I'll give you another hint, it's actually a drawing based on one of the supermodel pics I've posted. Another hint you say? It's not in the off-the-wall forum...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Is it from this?

Do I get a prize?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Nice one. You get 50-cent...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Femto gives the signal and a large box is wheeled into the room. 50 Cent then springs out of the box and lands in front of Eldo. Looking at the confused EG Veteran, Fity holds his hands up*

Fity: Yo, we gonna roll or what?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:*Femto gives the signal and a large box is wheeled into the room. 50 Cent then springs out of the box and lands in front of Eldo. Looking at the confused EG Veteran, Fity holds his hands up*

Fity: Yo, we gonna roll or what?
Exactly.

(Fity... that's funny.)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I wonder how much many I can sell him for in the black market...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

here is a rendition of Alucard i drew up. Not too great, but enhances if you click on the picture. The second one is solarized. below.

i think this forum is actually making me want to get into art a little bit again. need to blow the rust off :P
Last edited by Kêthêrîc on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Kether, I'm having trouble with the pictures you posted. I can only see the second one correctly. Why don't you try using photobucket? It's so much more easier. You get around 30MB of hosting for free and it's much more practical to have everything in a single place. The only problem, is that you can only upload pictures smaller than 250KB to it, but with good compression, there should be no need for anything bigger than that. I haven't had to delete a single thing ever since I started posting images here (and I have posted a lot of them), and I still have 70% of space in my photobucket.

Anyway, Here is some more stuff from my sketchbook:

As you may/may not have noticed, I still don't feel confident enough to start with costumes and outfits, I'm still trying to work the figure. The first drawing is taken from a picture of Petra Nemcova that I had lying around, and I tried to work on the shading with cross-hatching only. For the second one, I just tried to do a dynamic pose (which are vital for animation), nothing fancy about it.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Ok, i used photobucket for these ones. I was waiting for my activation Email from them yesterday, but it never came so I had to redo some stuff on the site. About your style Femto, I like it alot. It seems like your pretty confident in your shaping because there aren't alot of really sketchy lines. You have good capabilities polished with practice :wink:

here is the links i took out from the other post redone with photobucket.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Thanks for the comments Kether. Well, sometimes I get the pose down rather easily and finalizing it is no problem, but most of the time it's really hard. You can see the blue pencil lines in the first picture of my last post are more erratic than those in the second picture, and I've had worse. I'll post some the cases where I've had a really hard time pulling the drawing together. You'll see.

As for your drawings, I usually like pencil lines without any effects or computer work on top, but I have to say that the picture with the inverted tones looks more attractive than the second one. Maybe it's because of the character and the mood a darker pallete creates. Anyway, the drawing itself looks fine, but I don't think you are laying your stuff out. It seems like you are going straight for the outline, and that's a no-no. I've recently found that using a blue pencil before graphite works wonders. And there's also the fact that it's not an original drawing, which is something I try to go against. Good stuff regardless.

And I'm glad this thread has inspired you to do more stuff, we'll be waiting for more of your work.

EDIT: Just some horrible grammar issues.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good work guys.

The Hellsing anime wasn't all that great though...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Kêthêrîc the second pic is great speciely his mouth and teeths captors Alucard so perfectly that pic.

Also Starnum i guess you havent read the manga of Hellsing then since its alot better and longer.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, I haven't read it.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Starnum wrote:Good work guys.

The Hellsing anime wasn't all that great though...
yeah, kind of short.. but Alucard still rocks. the manga is wayyyy better from what i hear. Femto, I was wondering what those blue lines in your sketches were, i thought you might have added those in after for a dual color effect. i actually like it. Most of my good stuff from a while back is either back at my parents, or was put into a binder which i never got back. I'm trying to work on some original stuff but i'm struggling with getting some basics back. I might start doing some 30 second figure poses to loosen up a little bit. I also liked the solarized one better than the sketch but i think it might have to do with the scanner. The sketches in the paper look better to me than when i scan them in. Since i like to blend my shading and smear it, it kind of gets lost in the scanning. anywho thanks for the feedback guys.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Eldo wrote:I wonder how much many I can sell him for in the black market...
probably not as much as one could get among the white market...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Repost. I might type what I posted last night later...

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ooooh reminds me of some of da vinci's journals. How it shows the anatomy of the human body and what not.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, so I did end up have to stomp that little demon guy’s ass, Femto. He just couldn’t handle his alcohol… Don’t ask.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:Ooooh reminds me of some of da vinci's journals. How it shows the anatomy of the human body and what not.
Wow... You telling me that my stuff reminds you of DaVinci makes me feel all soft and warm inside. But yeah, I have been trying to get a better knowledge of how the body and anatomy works. I googled a few images of musculature, and tried to do the leg that way. I have a couple more of those, I'll try to post them later too.

Starnum: Yeah, that guy is all bluff, everybody know he's a real wuss. :D
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You know who a good as hell artist was... Picasso. Some people think that he could just draw incoherent stuff. But if you've seen some of his works before he got all cubist and abstract you'd be shocked. That fool had crazy ass talent.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Aight, here is a couple of drawings I did of Shiki from SVC Chaos and Kitsune from Love Hina.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Good stuff Ayanami. :D
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Thanks. I appreciate it, I have not drawn in a while and I am starting to get back into it. :D :D :D
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its pretty good, you should get back into it.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I am working on a Caska right now, I am not liking how it is turning out. I don't know, I still need a lot of practice with space and stuff.