Berserk 311 - Solitary Island

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk 311 - Solitary Island

Post by Istvan »

Oh nice job Rolos! :D

Cthulu Fthagan!!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Herald wrote:Woot Ctulu! I designed a play based on the Lovecraft stories. It was a lot of fun doing to ctulu style costumes. I should show you guys if you're interested.
I am.
What stories did you choose?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I just wanted to post this here too.

(This is a reply to a conversation on our main page, referring to the mysterious child on the beach from before.)

There’s a lot of people out there (myself included) who believe that the kid on the beach was the “reincarnated” child of Guts and Casca. Whether or not that’s true, for now, we can only speculate. How could this be possible, when Griffith clearly has the child’s body? Well, reincarnation by nature is having the same soul, but a different body. Now how the child came to be reincarnated in another body of the appropriate age, I don’t know. I’m guessing that will be revealed later. We will see that kid again. That whole scene was too significant for that character not to reappear. Finally, why do we think that kid is Guts’ child? Well, just look at how Casca reacted to him (I always assumed their child was male.), and think about how he somehow magically protected them. Some think the child's reincarnation may have been the work of Hanafubaku (the king of the elves), because of the child’s supernatural abilities, but I doubt it. I think the child is just gifted because of everything it’s been through. It seems to have some kind of connection with the monsters. Which makes sense if you think about it, because before it was kind of one of them.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Rolos wrote:
The Herald wrote:Woot Ctulu! I designed a play based on the Lovecraft stories. It was a lot of fun doing to ctulu style costumes. I should show you guys if you're interested.
I am.
What stories did you choose?
I didn't choose any particular stories, the director wrote a play called "Lovestruck", which was about a man who was studying the Necronomicon and was asking a man in the Arkham Asylum about it. And women, romance, silliness, and monsters, it's pretty awesome. PM me and I can email it to you if you're interested. He based the play on one of the stories having to do with the eggs that make gold ... or something. I seriously need to read the actual stories.

Now for something actually related to Berserk: I agree with Starnum about the kid. Reincarnation makes more sense than any thing else really. This new island feels to me like he's going to show up. Initially I was bothered that they had stopped off on an island, but in hindsight Berserk does need a slow down for a few chapters.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Vancore
imanewbie

Post by Vancore »

You may be right, Berserk may have needed to slow down some, but at the rate the manga comes out the cost will be mighty. Unless Muira decides to crank them out faster... since were past most of the huge setpieces and grand spectacles maybe he can just slow down on the drawings for a more simple side story at a much better release pace.
Maynard
imanewbie

Post by Maynard »

Personally I wouldn't want that to happen.
And if you think about Miura, he wouldn't want that for sure hehe.
He has been writing/drawing Berserk for 20 years, I don't think he'll be able to sacrifice his drawings (that took so long to become what they are now and elevates him to the higher rank above manga artists right now (ofc I'm not forgetting Takehiko Inoue :D)) for faster story.
By watching them I've a constant confirmation that he's doing what he likes without any external interference.
If drawings will get less accurate, then, in my opinion, it will mean that something is wrong (perhaps his editor forcing him to speed it up).

About Jananin:
The way he finds to get Caska and Guts closer (by climbing Guts' armor and falling down) increases his probabilty to be their son in my eyes.
If you see his face in that panel, you can clearly notice that he did that on purpose, imo.
We'll see...
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Our newest member: Zodd. It's surprising that such a name was not sooner chosen...

edit: Now the newest user is: schism, like that episode of Star Trek...

edit: The new newest member currently: imguin, as in "I'm guin for Guin Saga!"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

tsubaimomo wrote:Our newest member: Zodd. It's surprising that such a name was not sooner chosen...

edit: Now the newest user is: schism, like that episode of Star Trek...

edit: The new newest member currently: imguin, as in "I'm guin for Guin Saga!"
...Is there a reason you're keeping track of this?? :?

Just wondered.
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

It's important! Maybe I should make a thread for it... but no, I could just keep going on here until I run out of vague connections....
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Are you doing it in the name of SCIENCE!?
Because if you are, I support you.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

Alas! SCIENCE! has failed me... or at least I've not used its full potential, for I can nay find anything to report about our dearest new member, jannedaarc. But, my FAITH! in SCIENCE! shall never fail!