Berserk AMVs.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Two other AMV's I like that I can't seem to find links to through things like Google (but are available on the animemusicvideos.org website for those interested) are Berserk to Svältvinter by Vintersorg, and Berserk to Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

WoW... i watched the whole thing. the long one. and it really was hell... i think it made me not like amvs for a while.

but i did like the touga party joke. im weak to puns. the berserk one was kind of weak. however i also likedthe prince of bel air/neo tokyo the shinji on drungs, the cartman(southpark) jokes, and of course the carman sandiego(sp?) hellsing one. i actually saw someone at a halloween party dressed as carman sandiego, and mistook it for a Hellsing costume.

the quality was pretty bad, maybe its just me though. i hope i dont see one like that for a long time. i loathe azumangaDIEoh...

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Cancer
imanewbie

Post by Cancer »

i remember another one, Spiders
music: system of a down - Spiders
Video: Berserk - about Eclipse

is a great video but in Quiqktime player, so my favorites now are

iced earth - my own savior
The fight song
Disturbed- remember
Spiders
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

A mediocre video tribute to Guts, but the music makes it TOTALLY worth it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... erserk+AMV
ImageImage
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i really laughed on that one. the quality was not so great, but you're right, the song was worth seeing it for.

!!!MAN!!!

makes me wonder what im missing.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Brainpiercing wrote:I could probably offer to run an ftp on my home computer for a few days to distribute some videos (I have 1.5/1Mbit, it's not great, but better than nothing), but right now I have a guest staying in my room, so I can't keep my computer on during the night.

Once I have the time I'll PM you guys with logins and connection information.
I could make use of this. My AMV is 176 megs, is that a problem?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ok, I think I could let my computer run next week, UNLESS the weather turns bad again, in which case I have to let a friend sleep over again, because her mother is a wuss and won't let her drive with even one inch of snow.

Starnum I'll tell you when I have the ftp running and PM you a login/pass.

Then you can upload your video.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

That manga scan one was really cool, I was impressed, and it had a good theme.

I remember Stars, it was pretty good, except that you butchered Masters Apprentices.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Shisho wrote:That manga scan one was really cool, I was impressed, and it had a good theme.

I remember Stars, it was pretty good, except that you butchered Masters Apprentices.
Shisho! Where ya been bro? :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shisho wrote:That manga scan one was really cool, I was impressed, and it had a good theme.

Yo, long time no see. You should drop by more often. Yeah, I had to cut the song some, becuase it's so damn long. Heh, I thought it sounded okay though. I only cut the parts without lyrics...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ok, Starnum is almost done uploading his video.

Once it's done, which will be in around half an hour after this post, you will be able to download this file from me.

You need to use ftp to access the server, either a program or your browser.

Use:

ftp://AMV:AMV@195.158.167.160

to enter the server, the file is still in the upload folder. The entire file is 175 Megs or so, as Starnum said. Don't download it if it's not 175 Megs large, because it won't be complete yet.

This service will only be availabel for a limited time. Should I shut down my computer my IP will change, since I never signed up for a dynamic DNS service, so I'll repost the adress.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Score! Thanks for the help Brainpiercing. It'll probably take a bit for you guys to download it. You'll just have to go into the upload folder there, and then copy it to your HD. However, I'd really like to hear what you guys think of it. It says it's 174 megs, but go ahead and check it out anyway. I'm not sure if anythings missing, but it should be fine. I hope you guys like it.

*Crosses his fingers*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have all the AMV's posted on one webspace. Maybe I'll just add the links to the anime videos on the first page or something.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Unless someone PMs me in the meantime I am going to shut down the ftp server tonight, until I get a request for reactivating it. (Shutting down in about four hours from the time of this post, unless I find someone downloading.)

If other people want to upload their videos, PM me with a request for an upload login, then I'll let the server run.
Brainpiercing
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Instead of bothering Brainpiercing you could just put it on Google Video right?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Google video doesn't work in Germany, so I thought it may not work in other countries, too.
Brainpiercing
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Weird. It works on Brazil, why would not work on Germany? How bizarre...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Don't ask me, I get a "this service is not available in your country" message.
Brainpiercing
Ash J. Williams
imanewbie

Post by Ash J. Williams »

I must admit, I've seen a lot of different AMV's, but that manga one was the first of it's kind that I've seen.

A very interesting idea that the creator pulled off very well.

As for AMV Hell 3 that Tempest tossed up a link too... Yeah, it's a little F'ed up. some of the music to the anime's are kind of disturbing, and yet some fit a little too well.
hax
imanewbie

Post by hax »

Well, its sad to see no one bring up the Berserk AMV I made a while ago - it means no one cared for it :/

It was to Queen's "The Show Must Go On"
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=31431 if anyone wants to see it.

This thread is bringing back a lot of memories, I'm gonna have to take a look through these vids and see which I don't have. The "what makes a man" one was hilarious
Knowledge is power, power is corruption. I am absolutely corrupt and I corrupt absolutely
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Heh, I thought it would be interesting if they made a AMV about Guts' self-discovery and playing Blowing in the Wind...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Whats interesting is seeing you all talking about amv's that I actually know who created them...in fact I've met most of them in person at conventions.... Anime Weekend Atlanta is essentially the main AMV creators con... and most of the folks who are heavily into the scene show up. I've been going for 5 years now and been making amv's myself for almost 7. Still... moving on!

One of my favorite videos... its not like any other amv... Its long and its not amv hell.

Its the story of the antichrist.... told through various anime's (Berserk features heavily) and songs (all by Marilyn Manson but its excellent cause even non MM fans enjoy the overall affect).

http://www.hypeodermicstudios.com/Beowulf2005.htm

And if I'm allowed a bit of self pimping...

Click here for my Berserk video...

Its my most recent video. Its slow paced...essentially a romance amv... to Berserk. But as you know with Berserk its always about alot more than just love or passion... its essentially trying to tie up several emotions at once. So far I've gotten alot of really good feedback on it.

Oh and also on

Hypeodermic studios check out Wonka's (the guys name) Tool Berserk video... its fantastic.[/url]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So, uh, did anyone DL my video? This Dead to the World seems interesting, I think I'll check it out.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I found a new bitchen AMV based on just the Manga. Would have been nice if they listed the source (could have been us for example).

Berserk AMV

Enjoy!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

That was pretty good stuff actually :)

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)