Most disturbing image(s) in Berserk (or other manga)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Most disturbing image(s) in Berserk (or other manga)

Post by Fuji Nagase »

okay, i know double posting is shameful, and that i am, but before i forget, i wanted to mention something very on topic!

i was reading volume like 17 or something and i noticed that in the crazy orgy with (gah! i dont have it in eng here and i forget their name because i dont even have the japanese one with me now) that girl with the terrible hair that is like circles and loves luka. you know her. and her lover guy. they gave him this soup and it was...cooked babies. i think. i uh...for some reason didnt remember that but now reading i actually was pretty disburbed. what the fuck. dead babies cooking ina boiling pot. thats just..not stylish or anything, just raw and disgusting. given i still love berserk for that fact. Miurs isnt scared to draw anything, but damn.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Nina was the girls name. And that whole orgy party was pretty disturbing... although I have to admit the few panels where she and Joachim melted was kinda... um... anyway...

I so hate that girl, so freaking selfish, and I hate what she did to Caska, running away with her because she only thought of herself. The best thing that happened to Nina was when she and Caska were captured and Mozgus' torturers come in, and the one says "one of you come with me, doesn't matter which one" - and takes Caska. But then he changes his mind because Nina didn't do anything to try to help her friend, and he loathes selfish persons the most. But gnah stupid fake-eclipse turned around and Nina didn't get what she deserved right then and there...

But that whole arc with the prostitutes was great - Luca especially, great girl and her lover, Jerome was really cool too. I'm kinda ranting here but one of my favourite quotes from that part is when Luca is with Skull Knight and says she has to go back to the tower to finish something, and when she runs away he thinks "She didn't even ask me for help, no, she didn't even think of asking me. Is this fools courage or is it..."
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, nina. sorry. i would have looked it up if i had it with me. that whole ecipse story was amazing. i loved luka and her time with skull knight! just the baby soup thing was fucked up, but added none the less. i really agree about the story involving all the prostitutes was so interesting and cool! im just ranting as well but damn it was good huh?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

This may seem wierd, but the thing that disturbed me the most about Berserk were the Apostles. In English history the most disgusting and worst kind of monsters were half breeds. I'm not talking about cutsy anime furries like InuYasha. No way. More like people that were people on top and something else on the bottom. Mermaids are like the only ones that weren't super gross forever. Miura sure put a ton of time into his demons, and they are freaky. Even Femto man, when you know all of the history behind a character design like that. The one that freaks me out the most is the one that ate Gut's arm. Though, that may just be because Guts cut off his own arm. And dude, Guts cut off his own arm! I'm so in awe by all of this that I can't be disgusted by it.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil