Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

gill was a cheapass fuck. he definitely is a much harder boss than bison. the only way i beat him was with sean, a speedier variation of ken
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

dos.azn wrote: a speedier variation of ken
Also read "a suckier version of ken"

It's official, Sean is the worst character in that game.

Ken r0x0rs. His 3rd Super Art = Too good.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Sean is indeed horrible, and Dark, why you playing with all that system direction changes. Play the game normal yo.

Femto - Don't you think that Devil Donavon looks like Demetri with Donovan's head on it?? Is that a legit source??

I do think that SNK bosses are harder than Capcom bosses because they are cheaper. And as for Capcom bosses, SFAIII Bison is the hardest boss ever.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

That rign of fire around him doesn't look like anything I've seen with Dimitri. I'm just happy to see Jedah there. He's such a pimp.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Tempest wrote:That rign of fire around him doesn't look like anything I've seen with Dimitri. I'm just happy to see Jedah there. He's such a pimp.
I don't know, it looks added in to me. The upper body does look different compared to a normal Demetri, it just looks, I don't know out of place. Sorry to be so scepticle, it just looks a tad fake. Just me though.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:And as for Capcom bosses, SFAIII Bison is the hardest boss ever.
Seconded.

As for the Donovan thing, well, Gamewatch is a pretty reliable site but, as with everything, take this with a grain of salt. It looks more than just a headswap to me though.

And yeah, Jedah is teh shits.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I hear ya.

And Queen Bee is the lady in Vampire Savior. :thumb:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Sean was AWESOME in Street Fighter 3 and Street Fighter 3 Double Impact. He's completely different in 3rd Strike. I own W Impact on Dreamcast so that's how I know the difference. He used to be my favorite character until he turned gimp.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Sean was AWESOME in Street Fighter 3 and Street Fighter 3 Double Impact. He's completely different in 3rd Strike. I own W Impact on Dreamcast so that's how I know the difference. He used to be my favorite character until he turned gimp.
I have heard that Sean was better in the other SF3s. But the fact of the matter is that Third Strike is the best SF3 and in it, Sean sucks.
ImageImage
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I rock with Sean in Third Strike!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Ok....I lied
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

oh we were talking about third strike?

oh my apologies, yeh sean sucked in that one
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well when Capcom destroyed Sean, but in turn they gave me Makoto. She's my 4th best character on the game.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Sean was pretty good on W Impact, but I don't know if I would call him awesome or any thing. I also own W Impact.

And yeah, Makoto is sweet, I don't really use her much but she is a fair trade for a killed Sean.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

In May the arcade here in Savannah plans on getting NeoGeo Battle Coliseum....I'm so happy. Time to start saving at least $50 in quarters.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:In May the arcade here in Savannah plans on getting NeoGeo Battle Coliseum....I'm so happy. Time to start saving at least $50 in quarters.
That is sweet, I wish I lived near a good arcade. :cry:
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah geez, I wish the arcade near my place was gonna get it.

Ayanami, I wonder if maybe Pinball Pete's will have it? It will be a 45 minutes drive, but if we go up to meet a bunch of people, it would be a good game to play people in.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Tempest wrote:Yeah geez, I wish the arcade near my place was gonna get it.

Ayanami, I wonder if maybe Pinball Pete's will have it? It will be a 45 minutes drive, but if we go up to meet a bunch of people, it would be a good game to play people in.
You mean in Lansing?? Hmmmmmmm..........
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I meant Ann Arbor. Shit, I am not driving and hour and a half to Lansing for this game, but 30-45 in AA wouldn't be too bad.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Tempest wrote:I meant Ann Arbor. Shit, I am not driving and hour and a half to Lansing for this game, but 30-45 in AA wouldn't be too bad.
Ahhhhh, you mean when you are back rolling in the D Heights. Yeah, we could do dat. Don't see why not.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I've driven an Hour and a half to play a fighting game before ><. It was Rumble Fish 2 and I did it last week. I liked the game. It's pretty...different ^^
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I've driven an Hour and a half to play a fighting game before ><. It was Rumble Fish 2 and I did it last week. I liked the game. It's pretty...different ^^
I wanted to play that game. No one here has got it though. Not Ann Arbor, not Lansing, and I am pretty sure that Flint does not have it either.

I used to drive to Ann Arbor to play T5 when it came out. Not that far, but I have gone out of my way to play a game.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Well, it wasn't so much as for the game as it was for the players. You could have gone 10-15 minutes to Westland and play scrubs, you chose t oplay at AA because of the players. Not to mention that I live there 8 months out of the year.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Tempest wrote:Well, it wasn't so much as for the game as it was for the players. You could have gone 10-15 minutes to Westland and play scrubs, you chose t oplay at AA because of the players. Not to mention that I live there 8 months out of the year.
I went there before it came to Westland bro. Westland did not get there machine untill....... I wan't to say a good 2 weeks after or so.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

One game I wanted to play so bad was Capcom Fighting All Stars. A Japanese person here at SCAD played the game at a Beta testing in Japan. No one in the college fighting game club believed him until he busted out the photos. He said the game had "finishing moves'' that you do at the end of a fight. He also said it wasn't that great...damnit.

BTW NGBC's roster is up to 36 people now ^^ i bet it breaks the 40 mark.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:BTW NGBC's roster is up to 36 people now ^^ i bet it breaks the 40 mark.
You have a scource?? I want to check it out.