Berserk AMVs.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I actually managed to get them to play at the (basically) exact same time with each other. have to say the first one was really good. I like how he interspersed scenes from the eclipse with scenes from the duel right before guts left and especially the scene where the behelit screams to the music, thought that was a good touch lol
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP38To2tHcc

That's my favorite thus far, and it helps that I love Bruce Dickinson/Iron Maiden.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, the music is as important to me as the visual, but here's my opinion on the latest three videos.

For the first Hoobastank video, I thought it was alright, but the speed was pretty slow. Sometimes this is unavoidable, depending on the quality of your software. So I'll give it a 7, with .5 potential.

As for the second video, I thought it was clearly better. Higher video and timing quality, and he played around with it a little bit. That one gets an 8.

As for the Man of Sorrow video, it seemed inspired. Plus, there was nice timing, and some effects. So it gets an 8.5.

That me anyway. ;)

(I still give my video an 8. It was inspired, but aside from basic timing, it's not that flashy. )
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Starnum, where if anywhere can I find your video?

In other news, rumors allege Guts may be compensating for something.
[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... erserk+AMV[/GVideo]
Maoist pupil
imanewbie

Post by Maoist pupil »

That last movie was...uh...interesting :lol:
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

I've seen an amv done to that using various hentai and other non Hentai sources... It was a better made video but man is that funny in the context of Berserk.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hahaha nice
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i had to say, gut's and griffith's little gay story sure was funny. like when guts cut of griffith's "sword". it wasnt great, but done pretty cleanly. and hey, im always up for omake!
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

That song with the sword video is really funny.

Also I think the only person who really can answer the question of Guts's size is Caska.
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dagda Mor wrote:Starnum, where if anywhere can I find your video?
Right now, no where, unfortunately.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Botch wrote:
I might have liked this video a lot more, but it's one of cases where a video can't compare to an amazing amv I've already seen that uses the same song.
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

berserk one is better IMO...but oh well
SSJVegita0609
imanewbie

Post by SSJVegita0609 »

I'm glad someone mentioned Die for Me, as it's an excellent vid. Rae pointed me in the direction of this place from another forum and this thread got me to register. It seems like you guys pretty much mentioned all the classics with the exception of one: Bote's Man of Sorrows.

Sadly, his HQ link is down, but I found it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP38To2tHcc

I'm glad folks liked my old Static X Berserk/Hellsing and Disturbed Remember vids, but I made them both over 4 years ago (well over for the first one). My most recent Berserk vid is a Judeau character profile I made maybe 2-3 years ago. Here's a HQ animemusicvideos.org link:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=46620

And on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O16vcn1DML8

Hope you enjoy.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

while watching the judeau one (the last one) there was one apostle that made an appearance that stuck out. the one that was camoflauged on the ground and chomped he horse's foot. all i gotta say is what a BITCH. i mean you sacrifice your loved ones to continue living with the immense power of an apostle and all you get is the ability to wait and possibly bite people who walk on top of you...god he musta been pissed after his sacrifice. I am almost inspired enough to create a "worst apostles" thread.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

ah god how could I have forgotten the Judeau one... :) Always one of the top bests and for an underappreciated character and band no less. ;p
God_Hand_Hater07
imanewbie

Post by God_Hand_Hater07 »

this thing is rediculous but it always makes me laugh feel free to hate i dont mind because i didn't influence its creation in any way

FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Found this recently. Better of Two Evils, fast forward through the shitty intro.

Another one, Marily Manson...pretty tight

Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I think the creator of that one tried to do way too much. And I mean way too much. It was like someone new to editting showing his friends all the effects he could cram into a single video before it exploded.

Could hardly even follow what was going on when he keeps splitting it into 5 different sections that are all moving.

For me AMVs don't necessarily have to have nice effects, as long as the music goes well with the anime, and the timing works. Nice effects are fine, but people just try to pass a mediocre AMV off with a bunch of effects in order to wow the viewers, and it ends up making the AMV look like shit.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think it had it's good moments though. It was cluttered at times though
happyman2
imanewbie

Post by happyman2 »

Not sure if this one has posted, but I thought this one was great.
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7NLIkndlq0

I liked this one alot, was only made using parts from the eclipse. Music is Mogwai - We're No Here. The way the music enhances the emotions of the whole scene is pretty interesting in my humble opinion.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

man, mogwai has amazing music. out of all the AMV's that one made me feel the most like shit. i mean, its done well, but its just bserserk...its so...yeah, you guys get it.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Have there been anymore manga music videos like that one dude did?