The manga vs. the TV series

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Berserk manga or Berserk animation?

The Manga, Miura's original work > all
83%
The Animation, animated Berserk = g0d
17%

Total votes: 162

ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

:pwned: this is the one i meant to put
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I've been away for a bit, but I just noticed this and wanted to respond. Please pardon my late reply.
medvezhonok wrote:humm, strange that Femto posts this topic. Actually, it should be moved to "some of the most stupid topics ever posted". Not because the topic but because this is one of the aspects related to the world of Berserk most disscussed and commented in any Berserk boards. Everybody knows here that if a newbie was the one who posted this topic, any of the "El Diablo", "Arresty" "Starnum (the elven pimp)",or the same Femto would have flamed and humbled that user. "!oooh, man this has been disscussed a lot. you´re going to die" and bravery stuff like that. But hey it´s Femto!. You know guys, tyranny is worse when it´s supported by the people. None of the tyrants you stand here would have existed if anyone of YOU would have said stop to their lack of respect.

PS.- and now this post will be deleted by any of the quoted ones.
*Laughs manically and then bitch slaps the punk with his mad pimp-like skills*

No shit dumb ass! Even though this is the first time this particularly subject has been discussed on our board (We don't give a damn about other people's forums), I feel no need to explain our reasoning or defend Femto. However, I would like to state, that regardless of whether or not you’re right, it really doesn’t matter. We’re the mutha-fuckin Mod Hand biatch. This isn’t a democracy. We don’t offer due process and fair trials here. We sacrifice noobs. Tch, nuff said.

*Stretches*

Oh yeah, it’s like riding a bike.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

And since when do you shoot people with a guillotine? :twisted:
Hahahah exactly ;D :OWTH: :OWTH: :OWTH: :OWTH: :OWTH: :OWTH:
We are the mother fucking modhand

haha silly boys ;)
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Buzkashi wrote:medvezhonok....yep hes gotten owned up before.

http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... highlight=

Its all there.

AHAHAHAHAH!! Oh my god that just made my night! Thats some funny shit right there...even though I am still a newb to this forum. :lol:
:wink:
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

Can someone please tell me which group has the best subs for berserk.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... search.y=0
(sry can't seem to get the url thing to work)

Those are some of the groups according to anidb, but if anyone knows of an even better group please tell me. Thx in advance
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

panasonic wrote:Can someone please tell me which group has the best subs for berserk.

Those are some of the groups according to anidb, but if anyone knows of an even better group please tell me. Thx in advance
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
Well, at least you didn't start a new thread about it.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

the versions I had were subbed and dubbed at the same time, but the dialogues were somewhat different

it was fun becouse sometimes the sub gave a deeper meaning to the dub
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

... You mean you watched the dub when you could've just watched the sub?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

best subs come from the company that brought the official US release.
1) because that money goes back to Miura.

2) because the official US release has the blessings of Miura so all the dialog is spot on to what Miura was trying to convey.

3) if you BUY from anywhere else, you support piracy and taking away from Miura and thus, not a real fan, you are a moocher that wants instant gratification with your money.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

LordMune wrote:... You mean you watched the dub when you could've just watched the sub?
but if I only had sub, I would have wanted dub...
or the other way around? I just confused myself...
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

The Berserk Tv Box of war is so worth it anyways, with all the outtakes ect, mmmmm.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

panasonic wrote:Can someone please tell me which group has the best subs for berserk.

The first Subs/Versions of Berserk I saw where those from Greg. Don't know if they are good, I never saw different releases except the DVD to compare with.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Damien wrote:The Berserk Tv Box of war is so worth it anyways, with all the outtakes etc, mmmmm.

Yes indeed it is... My precious *wanders into the darkness off the wardrobe on all four with the box*.. My precious

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont wanna watch the anime,but i'm gonna buy it anyway just to support the great Miura.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

if you wanna support him even more then buy one for me too :kekeke:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha your leacher :P
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

now why did I suddenly think you were Felony?

oh well, I must be getting old
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe cause he also has an Guts av?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

...and has three word posts with :P

man, we really got off topic this time too
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Libaax wrote:I dont wanna watch the anime,but i'm gonna buy it anyway just to support the great Miura.
If you don't wanna watch it but support Miura why don't you send him the money directly. He'll get more out of it.
Hehe but you could give the Anime to those poor Berserk not knowing people. You supported him and don't have to watch it. :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I like the anime... but the manga just holds so much more. I'm just pissed off about what they cut out.
Still, it is Berserk and I can't hate anything official.

*votes manga*
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Necromancer wrote:
Libaax wrote:I dont wanna watch the anime,but i'm gonna buy it anyway just to support the great Miura.
If you don't wanna watch it but support Miura why don't you send him the money directly. He'll get more out of it.
Hehe but you could give the Anime to those poor Berserk not knowing people. You supported him and don't have to watch it. :P
I think like this if they see Berserk anime and manga sells good,then they will give Muira more time and money to make what ever manga he wanna do.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

the outtakes

Post by Fuji Nagase »

remember one part of the anime guys..
THE OUTTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

its hard to compare as a lot of us have said. i LOVE the manga, it had a lot more of depth, as far as character develoment and the few characters they left out in the anime, but the anime, again, with the music and the voices (great cast ) was amazing. the anime made me really get the manga ( no matter how long it took to dowload it). the anime did what it could for a TV release. they out as much gore and well, ok, so sex, but as much of 'that' stuff as they could, but alas, the manga couldnt be topped. the anime did a pretty good job keeping the same principals as the manga, but the manga is just fucking amazing. i just love how the anime leaves u where almost no other anime does. just like " WHAT THE FUCK?!!" ive never been so fucking mad and happy in my life. (mad how it left off (?) and happy cuz it was so good.
after u read the manga, THEN u get the anime, and after u see the anime, i think there are somethings u get that u dont truly get from the manga. understandibly, there are somethings that u cant have in the anime that would help fill the gaps, but agian, it was a TV seris. both are important for understanding as much as u can of berserk. (although truly getting berserk is a little far fetched considering its not done yet)

so my vote is for........

the anime vs 1-13 manga : the outtakes are so fucking funny! its my 1st berserk experience; 1 dvd a night till i just got the box set ( watched too many times for a human)

the manga for 1-30+ vs anime- comon, the outtakes only go so far, right?compared to the epic story and artwork, im sorry anime berserk, i just love the manga.. plus, im addicted, as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Re: the outtakes

Post by Necromancer »

Fuji Nagase wrote:remember one part of the anime guys..
THE OUTTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!
After all that's not part of the anime but part of the DVD Version.

And how can you take the outtakes to compare the anime with the manga or better the outtakes with the whole manga.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Hmmm... I've never seen the outtakes. Is it on the last dvd. Gotta know which one so i can go out and rent it.