Movies of '08

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Movies of '08

Post by Starnum »

A live-action Akira movie? Meh.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Libaax wrote:I truly hope Wolverine movies dies a horrible death. Hope its the worst comic movie since Daredevil.

I actually thought Reynolds was funny but THAT WAS BEFORE BLADE 3. His horrible type of comedy ruined the movie more than Biel trying to be hardcore.

Deadpool is my favorit character of them all in fricking Marvel. Why do they have to touch the only marvel character i would care what happens to in a movie. ....

This is a bad time to be a superhero comic fan, hollywood cant stop making movies of them and cant stop ruining them ala Daredevil. More Matt got killed by Affleck in mainstream fans eyes. I became comic fan thanks to Spidey,Hellboy movies. Who will ever pick DD after the horrible movie.....
You thought he was funny before Blade? That answers it, Blade 3 was HORRIBLE, and cringeworthy because of the MATERIAL. Reynolds was bad in that movie like everyone else because it was a retarded script made by dickhead excuse of a director. Its better to judge his comedic style and antics on his other work.

Check IMDB board for Reynolds or the wolverine movie, Deadpool fans are all estatic of the cast and think he is perfect. Not movie fans, but Deadpool fans. You have haters allways, but havent seen a single one questionning him yet. All saying he is on point casting, like he is made for this type of character ( btw, read some interviews that are some years old where he is raving about Deadpool all the time, of how its his dream character).

This does not mean the movie will be good, may be butchered like the ones you mentionned, but the problem then isnt this fitting casting, but how its made. If they just churn it out by the numbers industry product for the sake of it.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The latest Rambo movie was way better then expected, and more violent.
Wonder what the bodycount landed at in the end.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Loeviz wrote:Wonder what the bodycount landed at in the end.
Hehe, that got me thinking about the body count in Hot Shots Part Deux :lol:
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/28/ ... -holy-sht/

new iron man trailer. i want the jericho now! and damn, the Iron Monger is fucking HUGE!! May 2nd cant come much quicker.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I dont want to sound like Femto, hehe, but Jumper was by far the worst thing ever created.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Shaka Zulu wrote:I dont want to sound like Femto, hehe, but Jumper was by far the worst thing ever created.

you dont sound like him...

btw, why would you think a movie about night crawler without the night crawling would be any good?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:I dont want to sound like Femto, hehe, but Jumper was by far the worst thing ever created.

btw, why would you think a movie about night crawler without the night crawling would be any good?
Well it did have Samuel L. Jackson in it.
ImageImage
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I did not for a second think it would be good. Had zero expectations, but to be so cringeworthy is an acheivement.

And Sam L Jackson is still his cash whoring overracted annoying self as he has been for a while now (he can be amusing when you dont take him seriously). By no means an acceptable performance. Is there to just provide gravitas and cheesy coolness.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I saw jumper and liked it, but i'm pretty sure that it was because i was drunk at the time and drank during the movie. I still am very confused aboout how it ended
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

halfnhalf wrote:

It was actually a SF book. Teleporting was famous SF story way before Marvel and X-men ;)

Its funny how superhero fans think that marvel,dc created superpowered biengs. They just took ideas from SF stories and made a spandex thing.

Not saying It is a good movie.

But the SF fanboy in me didnt think Night Crawler but thought about SF books about teleportations i have read.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i know it was taken from a sci fi book, i mean sorry, just the teleporting idea, thats it and used the same title.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

halfnhalf wrote:i know it was taken from a sci fi book, i mean sorry, just the teleporting idea, thats it and used the same title.
I was alittle sarcastic about Nightcrawler/teleportation thing. I have seen in other comics forums where people who apparently never read SF book think some powers in superhero comics are original for the comics medium.

Yeah taking idea from a book and make up everything else isnt new these days. The difference this time, Jumper wasnt a really famous SF book. Not alot of fans who gets annoyed at a lame movie versions. Even Blade Runner dumbs down an amazing book to hollywood standard.

I will enjoy the movie only for the teleportation power, i couldnt careless about the rest. No matter how bad it is, im only fan of the power itself.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Blade Runner is a fucking awesome movie.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I never said otherwise.

The book is sicker,sadder. I think the most impressing thing about Blade Runner is that it is actually similer to the original story. Not how great the movie was itself.

That was the 80's, if it came out today it would be dumb ass movie like Jumper cause of the standard of hollywood these days. Only caring about blockbuster,superhero like SF movies.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote: That was the 80's, if it came out today it would be dumb ass movie like Jumper cause of the standard of hollywood these days. Only caring about blockbuster,superhero like SF movies.

umm are you serious? did you not see the great movies that came out just recently? No Country for Old Men, There Will be Blood, Micheal Clayton, Will Smith and his great performance in I am Legend, Once.. man the list goes on.

and if you are just talking about sci fi movies, then go watch Sunshine, great sci fi movie that does all the right things. Fantasy movie of 2007? Stardust, more peopel should have seen it, but either way 2007 was great for Neil Gaiman, Stardust was a book that he wrote turned movie and Beowulf's (though i think most people were turned off by the dialogue, old english is a bitch to re-write and understand) screenplay was written by him.

Get out of your shell and watch some decent movies.

btw, blockbuster movies can be good, its called John McCain staring in Live Free or Die Hard.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

halfnhalf wrote:
Libaax wrote: That was the 80's, if it came out today it would be dumb ass movie like Jumper cause of the standard of hollywood these days. Only caring about blockbuster,superhero like SF movies.

umm are you serious? did you not see the great movies that came out just recently? No Country for Old Men, There Will be Blood, Micheal Clayton, Will Smith and his great performance in I am Legend, Once.. man the list goes on.

and if you are just talking about sci fi movies, then go watch Sunshine, great sci fi movie that does all the right things. Fantasy movie of 2007? Stardust, more peopel should have seen it, but either way 2007 was great for Neil Gaiman, Stardust was a book that he wrote turned movie and Beowulf's (though i think most people were turned off by the dialogue, old english is a bitch to re-write and understand) screenplay was written by him.

Get out of your shell and watch some decent movies.

btw, blockbuster movies can be good, its called John McCain staring in Live Free or Die Hard.

Well i was only talking about blockbuster,superhero, SF. Meaning Blade Runner wouldnt be as good. I wasnt talking about every movie in hollywood last year. There are smaller great movie . I liked I am Legend. I havent seen the others since No Country and Will be Blood has had premiere just days ago . We dont all live in US you know, we have wait months for movies after US.

I was talking about blockbuster movies who dominate and who is like 70% of the hollywood suck these days. Die Hard 4.0 lame compared to the great DH movies. Pirate 2,3 sucked. Spidey 3 a joke, X-men 3 a joke. Eie blockbuster movies not so good. Thank good for No Country,Eastern Promises and their kind. Also why i wish superhero trend could die today.

I want a 100s of I am Legend,Will Be Blood type movies instead horrible stuff like Fantastic four.....

Meaning Blade Runner would be as lame cause it would be a blockbuster movie if it came out today.

Only good blockbuster movies of last year was Bourne,300,Simpsons,I am Legend.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Only good blockbuster movies of last year was Bourne,300,Simpsons,I am Legend.
lol

300?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Based on that alone I'm going to go ahead and assume that you guys don't know the first thing about what makes a great movie.

Still, I see where Libaax is coming from.

Action movies today don't hold a candle to the absolute badassness of movies like Aliens, Terminator or Predator and are mostly over-hyped, marketing driven pieces of shit (for example, 300).

I mean seriously, Matt Damon is our action hero these days?

What the fuck happened here?

And The Simpsons was a blockbuster?

I think Libaax is a little mixed up in his terminology.
TheOwner
imanewbie

Post by TheOwner »

Im waiting for 10.000 BC ,Iron man ,Babylon A.D.(Vin Diesel) and Righteous Kill (De Niro ,Pachino) .I watched already John Rambo (it was very good so i was
really surprised),Awake was awesome too ,The eye was too bad for me - the original chinese verison is 100 times better ,There will be blood - just not my type :? - too long and oil ,oil,oil,oil ....boring .... No Country for Old Men - very ,very ,very good movie .Javier Bardem was playing really nice !I want to apologise if i have mistakes .English is my second language .
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

There will be blood was frigging amazing. Captivating and soul-stealing epic acting.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:Only good blockbuster movies of last year was Bourne,300,Simpsons,I am Legend.
lol

300?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Based on that alone I'm going to go ahead and assume that you guys don't know the first thing about what makes a great movie.

Still, I see where Libaax is coming from.

Action movies today don't hold a candle to the absolute badassness of movies like Aliens, Terminator or Predator and are mostly over-hyped, marketing driven pieces of shit (for example, 300).

I mean seriously, Matt Damon is our action hero these days?

What the fuck happened here?

And The Simpsons was a blockbuster?

I think Libaax is a little mixed up in his terminology.
Matt Damon is better than 90% of the so called action heroes in the last two decades. I mean he is better than the Bond of the 90's. The last great action hero before was Willis in Die Hard movies. Before the lame fourth one.

300 was great action movie.

Which movies did you think was great last year?

I mean of the so called big movies of the year.

Who even compared it to Alien ? or Terminator ? Aliens wasnt action movie really. Terminator 2 though is prolly the best action movie in hollywood ever. Personally the best action movie ever IMO is The Killer with Chow Yun-Fat and John Woo. That movie was perfect.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Aliens wasnt action movie really.
Aliens is a full-on action movie.

What movies did I see last year that were good?

I don't know.

I rarely go to the movies.

Once or twice every few months.

I saw Spider-Man 3 but that blew hard.

Did Ratatouille come out last year?

That was a fantastic movie though the film's main conflict, a rat wanting to become a chef, is perhaps too thin for a two hour film.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Hot Fuzz, Shoot'em Up, and TMNT were all great action movies. someone needs to fire up their trusty torrent searcher.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

TMNT was a fucking horrible movie.

Holy shit.

I went in with extremely low expectations too.

You guys revel in mediocrity.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Femto is right. Alien was not an action movie. Aliens is.

My biggest gripe with action movies nowadays is the 'pussyfication' of the action hero. Where are all the sly stalones and austrian oaks of yesteryear?

BTW, anyone know anything about this movie? Just started seeing commercials for it... Kinda Madmax-ish.

Oh yeah... they're making a Death Race 300 movie. Death Race 2000 is one of the best movies ever made. Period.