Berserk Chapter: 279

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Locus a kushan ? well it could be ( damn i have to go and read the manga again , i guess vol 22 or 23 ) and the other masked guy well he don't even know how powerful Griffith can be ( so he may never would have a change against him ) .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, I'm most definitely sure they say he's Kushan the first time he appears and joins Griffith. However, I'm not at home right now, so I'll have go provide the source later. It's probably the chapter Square-Enix provided though. ;)
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

hmm... Sorry Starnum, i checked and checked but i couldn't find any evidence too support Locus was a Kushan. He had plenty of chances, but the only time i see him really refereing to the Kushan is Volume 23 chapter 8. He seems to describe them as a separate culture from himself.
Could you possibly be thinking of Rakashas? He was recognized by Silat as being an exiled member of Kushan Empire's Bākiraka Clan.

oh, and btw
This scenario is much like an example of the US making peace with Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussien.
naa, it would be much more like the US executing Osama or Saddam and trying to make peace with the people.... buuuut i'm pretty sure Griffith would have a bit more success :roll:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

funky clay face ninja is kushan and bakiraka... locus is not... trust me... if he is... i will eat an engine block
Bow to Golbez
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

now that would give you a serious heart-burn
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I also checked a few older chapters, and I can't see anywhere where they say that he's a Kushan. I might not go so far as to eating an engine block if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that he isn't.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well shit, I guess I was wrong. Meh, it happens.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Well you've taken us to school many times, and you've gained a lot of respect for that, but you're not super man.... wait, are you? if so :worship:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, geez, thanks. I appreciate that. It's a hobby of mine, remembering anime trivia, but it's always nice when your efforts get noticed. However, admitting your wrong, when you are, is important as well, right? ;)
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

it happens to the best of us dude
Bow to Golbez
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm interested in Silas' role in the war. He's just standing around overlooking the army while his homies who look like they just got out of jail are just talkin'. It seems he's one of the Emperor's elite teams, but it doesn't seem like he wants to get involved in the war.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, I'm not sure how useful a team of elite assassins would be in a battle of the scale this one is looking to be. I mean, even if they are all elite fighters, there's only so much damage they can do, and with armies that big, it wouldn't amount to much. On the other hand, they'd probably take casulties, which would be a waste of elite assassins. Then, too, they might just be holding back as part of an elite reserve force ready to attack anywhere they're needed if the Emperor gives the word.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

True, but I thought that they may play a more authorative role in the war, like a general or something. You make a good point.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

But how long will Silas listen to the Emperor's word? The Emperor has control over his people so he risks a lot if he defies him. Griffith could mean hope for his people if he swears loyalty to him, but if Griffith fails to defeat the emperor, Silas would be in trouble. However, this battle could convince him to take sides with Griffith and the Neo band of the Hawk. Then there is Guts. From previous scenes between the two, i think its save to say there is a level of respect that he has for Guts. At least as an opponent in battle. Perhaps he'll choose a path similar to his and vow loyalty to no one.
Anyone got a 3 sided coin?
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Eldo wrote:True, but I thought that they may play a more authorative role in the war, like a general or something. You make a good point.
Battles are too random to put elite troops :) And usually officers are killed first, to destroy the morale/coordination of the enemy army.

They're more like an elite troop, but I would like to see them in action anyway. Maybe kill some enemy generals? (not the Neo Band of the Hawks, of course)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Possibly, but the way the battle looks to be shaping up so far, I wonder if there's even any point to killing enemy generals outside of the Neo Hawks. It's not as if the regular armies look like they'll be able to put up much of a resistence to the Kushan main army.
Wib
imanewbie

Released Date of Chapter 390

Post by Wib »

Why does psi29a tell us Released Date of Chapter 390? >.<
Could you tell us which date? T-T
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Chaos_Wanderer wrote:but if Griffith fails to defeat the emperor, Silas would be in trouble. However, this battle could convince him to take sides with Griffith and the Neo band of the Hawk.
Its more of a question of "when" as opposed to "if".

Remember Griffith's stratagem was flawless prior to getting his godhood. Now combine that with his godhood and the hoard he has at his disposal I don't think anything can stop him. Except the other Godhand members.

I still can't help but think of how the skull knight and Godhand tangled up. If you ask me it all seems similar to whats going on now.
"Context is for Kings"
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Released Date of Chapter 390

Post by Eldo »

Wib wrote:Why does psi29a tell us Released Date of Chapter 390? >.<
What the fuck?

Albator
Hikikomori

Re: Released Date of Chapter 390

Post by Albator »

Wib wrote:Why does psi29a tell us Released Date of Chapter 390? >.<
It turns out that the release date is on your birthday, yes you hear it right, your birthday! You're such a lucky dog.

Psi wanted to make you a surprise. He's going to be very disappointed when he comes back.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

LOL

What the hell man?!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

holy shit it's grahf...havent seen you around in forever
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Remember Griffith's stratagem was flawless prior to getting his godhood. Now combine that with his godhood and the hoard he has at his disposal I don't think anything can stop him. Except the other Godhand members.
Or possibly Guts and those he gathers, eventually. I mean, I'm presuming that Griffith is not, in fact, going to succeed in the end, and Guts will get his revenge.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Griffiths's victory at the end ?, no man that's not possible ( well i don't like the idea that's all ) .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hehe his strategem was flawless until he boinked the princess hahahaha...seriously, he was so damn popular with the King, why didn't he go the aristocratic way and just court the girl? The King would have gladly done it and then he would have been lined up as next king anyways...ooooh well......

Edit: and not fuel the fire but I think Griffith will win because he will go super saiyajin level 4 and then pwn the whole damn planet. Then he'll go into the afterlife and kill everyone again with a super duper big bang Kamehameha....at least with the way berserk seems to be turning....^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!