Blade of the Immortal

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's not really true. Sure, he pulls that shit a couple of times, but that's just because he's intelligent. If you think that's cheap, you obviously know nothing about a real fight to the death. On top of that, Manji is a damn good swordsman. He killed 100 men by himself, before he even got the Kessen-chu. Plus, he's got to have gotten better after fighting all of those Itto Ryu guys. That’s just how it works; see?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ive only read the first volume....
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, there you go. ;)

Besides, when he says he's gotten rusty, that's just like Zoro saying, "Yeah, I've been lazy lately. I can only lift a ton with my right arm right now."

The Itto Ryu members are just super good. You can't fight guys like that and not improve.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, he did have the habit of not caring about his health too much. Yes the Itto Ryu guys are very good, but Manji still takes unnecesary risks against them, or simply couldn't compete if he were a mere mortal.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If his was mortal im pretty sure he would kill most Itto ryu guys without a problem,its just as he said. he knows that he cant die so he doesnt fight like he would with despertation like when he killed 100 men.

I would do the same thing, is better to let them think he is dead and stand up and kill them when they look spooked.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

In the later chapters all his enemies know about his immortality, so they stop falling for his feigning-death-technique.

I just hope that Manji start improving his fighting skills soon. At his current level, he has no chance against fighters like Makie or Kagimura.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

As i have said before i dont think Kagimura is better than Manji after have seen him fight.

I hope we will se them fight soon so we can know who is better.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

You mean Kagehisa Anotsu, not Kagimura Habaki. Don't you??
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, we know he isn't as good as Anotsu, not yet anyway. Of course Manji isn't the best around. He's got to use that immortality ability to his advantage. That's one thing I love about this series. It's cool when people have special tactics to use against their enemies.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

We'll still have to see what happens when he loses his head in 98 :).

However, I haven't found any sign of this chapter anywhere so far.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, I still haven't read 97.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Me too

Brainpiercing: didnt you give chap 97 to orichimaru?

Trog: of course i meant Anotsou

I wonder how strong Gichi and Kagimura Habaki are compared to Manji,Anotsu,Maki
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I don't know, I PMed Orochimaru that it was on the ftp, and then left it on for a day or two, I don't remember exactly. I haven't left my computer running for a few days now, but I thought he should have had enough time to get it.

If he hasn't, I'll put it up again, and PM him again.

Well, it finishes on a cliffhanger as usual, so better wait for 98 before reading it.
Brainpiercing
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Yeah true not really worth watching half of a battle and wait 2 weeks to see the next half, might even be less than half of the battle...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I must say though, Manji-cliffhangers somehow don't really get me anymore. Rin isn't the most catching heroine, but her cliffhangers are usually far worse, in the best sense of the meaning. I guess I've just gotten used to it that Manji will survive somehow, but while there is no indication that Rin will die, there is no guarantee that she won't.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well i wouldnt be suprised if Manji dies in the end of this manga while saving Rin or someone else.

I just have a feeling that his worms will bail on him one day....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Kessen-chu bail? I don't even think that's possible man. At the very least, that wouldn't make sense. That would be like a parasite choosing death over its host.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Why not?

Maybe he will have killed a thousand evil men with knowing it and he will die thinking its okay my worms will fix this....

I wonder sometimes if this manga will go on even after the samurai era is over i mean Manji has left to kill about 800 men to get rid of the worms. And he cant kill 800 under 100 years, what if he lives in our time. It would be cool.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dude, just because he kills a thousand men, the Kessen-chu aren't just going to leave. That old hag has to give him the Kessen-chu Satsu, in order to kill them off.

Manji in present day, I doubt it. I'm sure Samura could pull it off though...somehow.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe the old hag made a deal with the worms to realese him after 1000 evil is killed by him cause what if she is killed before that then Manji will live forever.....

He will have to do something about that cause its impossible to kill 1000 in just the samurai era so Manji has to lose his head before he kills 1000 men or he will have to live in the present chasing evil men to get rid of the worms. Personaly i like the last option better....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Made a deal with the worms? What! Okay, nevermind dude.

By the way, I just got chapter 97 off of Neverwhere. Thanks for getting that file to Oro, Brainpiercing.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe what like that has never happend in a manga like these;)

I just wonder what will happen at the end with Manji,so many things can happen to him.

Wow chapter 97 gotta go to irc now!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ok, so he got it, that's good.

Manji in the present day would be cool, although he'd have to live through a whole long bit of turbulent japanese history to get here. Also, I can't imagine him with a gun, it's just not his style.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Who needs gun when you are immortal;)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, he'd probably end up having a shit load of guns. If he decided to pack any heat, that is.