Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I watched Spider-Man 3 again.

It was frustrating more than anything because the movie could've been fantastic if everyone would've just kept their feet on the ground.

Pan's Labyrinth is probably the best movie I've seen in the last, I dunno, 3 years?

I nearly cried in the end.
Avulsion
imanewbie

Post by Avulsion »

Spiderman 3 was trash.

The plot was boring and the shallow melodrama added no substance to anything. The cinematography was dull; the film didn't look any good. Sandman's transformation was the only scene worth watching- infact he was the only character that stood out.

And I had to see Kirsten Dunst "sing" on broadway.
Last edited by Avulsion on Sat May 19, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Pan's Labyrinth failed to deliver. Fairy tales suck.

(Not a bad move by any means, mind. Just not awesome.)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:Pan's Labyrinth failed to deliver. Fairy tales suck.

(Not a bad move by any means, mind. Just not awesome.)
You're insane.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

We're all mad here.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

This is Sparta.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Pan was very very good. Liked it alot. But yes not that awesome as some say. A very cool experience but it could have been better. Seems bit overrated after so many raves of it as a genius flick (the genius part I would understand how brilliantly ambigious he makes it...you cant tell if the fairytale is real or is all in her head). Maybe its hailed as that because of the mediocre standard of films, so in that way its understandable.

The first half was pretty strong and some scenes really gripped me(I though was very saddend at the end), but it didnt go on in the same strenghts, mellowed out a bit. A bit more of the fantasy would have been appriciated (it felt abrupt). And that the civil war setting wasnt so one-dimensional at times.

But the captain owned. Man what a freaky and strong character. He gave me the creeps as much as Amon Goethe did in Schindlers list.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I cannot put a single dent or find any flaw in Pan's Labyrinth.

I don't think it's a perfect movie but it's damn close.

I've only seen it once though.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

mother fucking fuck....

please just watch this, cuz if you dont, John Rambo will rape you in the ass.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32721
Avulsion
imanewbie

Post by Avulsion »

So Pan's Labyrinth's successfully flushed out the horrendous Spider-man 3 from my mind. It was like a shitty tune looping in my head.

I liked it. I too thought the surreal aspect of the film should have been expanded on. It's publicized as a fantasy flick but the war plot is prominent.

Yea! Capitan Vidal was ominous. Each time the film cut to him I had to wonder which inhumane acts would take place during the next two minutes.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

So no one here gives two shits about the trailers I posted, eh?

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Doesn't look like it, mister grotesquely oversized boobs and nose!

(jk)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

Wait for the picture to "peel off" to see The Dark Knight's Joker.

Looks horrible.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Saw Spidy 3 yesterday, thought the characters were acting more retarded than usual in that movie. The fights were good, except the final fight which deceived me.

Die Hard 4 looks promising and entertaining, even though you can clearly see hes getting old.

Damien wrote:So no one here gives two shits about the trailers I posted, eh?
I like Crows the manga, but japaneses are bad at movie making, really bad.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

You are right Femto. I really like Nolan, and he has made great casting choices in the previous move and this one (Ledger and Eckhart)...but I'm iffy about his version about Joker, considering thats the first sign of how his Joker is going to be. What is he thinking...seriously? Think Ledger will play Joker pretty good, but the look...Awful!
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Finito wrote:Saw Spidy 3 yesterday, thought the characters were acting more retarded than usual in that movie.
Thank god people are finally seeing the movie how it is! But I did like Harry. "how is the pie?" "So good!" then the wink.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Hey.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is going to be great.

Davy Jones = best CG character ever put in a live action movie.

Cheers.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Too bad the actual live-action movie is a mindless, bloated fanboy/girl-magnet with little to no actual substance.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:Too bad the actual live-action movie is a mindless, bloated fanboy/girl-magnet with little to no actual substance.
You could say the same of Indiana Jones and everybody knows that's a trio of great fucking movies.

But I guess a movie cannot be entertaining unless it deals with serious world issues or the heavy emotions stirring deep within the human psyche, right?

You disappoint me sometimes, Mune.

Fanboy magnet?

What the hell does that even mean?

In the future, please stay clear of the pedantic and pompous routine.

Thanks.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femtov2 wrote:
LordMune wrote:Too bad the actual live-action movie is a mindless, bloated fanboy/girl-magnet with little to no actual substance.
You could say the same of Indiana Jones and everybody knows that's a trio of great fucking movies.
The Indiana Jones movies were not two hours of people going back and forth doing jack shit to advance the story.
But I guess a movie cannot be entertaining unless it deals with serious world issues or the heavy emotions stirring deep within the human psyche, right?
It's not that, it's that PotC is so utterly undeserving of the praise the franchise has been receiving.
In the future, please stay clear of the pedantic and pompous routine.
Pretentious? Just you wait till I bust out my thesaurus! Image

EDIT: I'm not racist, I hate pirates and ninjas equally.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm gonna put some serious spoilers in this post, so if you haven't seen Spiderman 3, just move on past.

I just saw Spiderman 3 yesterday, and I had some serious problems with it.

I didn't really have any problems with the situation between Harry and Peter, but the way Peter acted in the beginning of this movie, being so self-centered and suddenly basking in the lime light was just ridiculous. And the fact that he had a kiss with another woman while Mary Jane was in the same crowd watching? I mean what did he think that would do to help with his current position of proposing to her?

But on the flip side, I couldn't stand how self-centered Mary Jane was either. "It's all about me! I'm talking about me, not you! I can't sing for shit and now all my problems supercede yours!" All in all I found the entire first part of the movie bullshit except for the interactions with Harry, and the forming of Sandman.

And then we get to the worst part of the movie. The symbiote. Now don't get me wrong, I absoluetly love Venom and the idea that the symbiote enhances characteristics, but they might as well have cast someone with no fingers to do shadowpuppets and it would have been the same scenario as Tobey Maguire trying to be "cool" in the movie. And every time he did his little emo hairflip I couldn't help myself from laughing at how absurd it was.

I'm not even going to comment on how terrible the acting was at pivotal emotional scenes like MJ breaking up with Peter or Harry dying.

All in all, I'd say S3 didn't live up to the hype. I've read reviews saying it's worse than 2, but better than 1, and I'd say that 3 fell a good bit short of either.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:The Indiana Jones movies were not two hours of people going back and forth doing jack shit to advance the story.
Are we talking about the same movie here?

Dead Man's Chest has a pretty tight script, if a bit drawn-out.

(I didn't really like the first one.)
LordMune wrote:It's not that, it's that PotC is so utterly undeserving of the praise the franchise has been receiving.
Well that's not what you said before, is it?

If you can't give me a few good reasons why the movie is undeserving of praise or if the praise itself is what bothers you (which seems to be the case) then please step off and let the rest of us enjoy a good movie.

Thanks again.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femtov2 wrote:If you can't give me a few good reasons why the movie is undeserving of praise or if the praise itself is what bothers you (which seems to be the case) then please step off and let the rest of us enjoy a good movie.

Thanks again.
never :evil:

Maybe, just maybe, style over substance mixed with character-driven plotlines bother me.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

newbified wrote:I'm gonna put some serious spoilers in this post, so if you haven't seen Spiderman 3, just move on past.

I just saw Spiderman 3 yesterday, and I had some serious problems with it.

I didn't really have any problems with the situation between Harry and Peter, but the way Peter acted in the beginning of this movie, being so self-centered and suddenly basking in the lime light was just ridiculous. And the fact that he had a kiss with another woman while Mary Jane was in the same crowd watching? I mean what did he think that would do to help with his current position of proposing to her?
Only self-centered thing he did in the beginning of the movie is kiss a hotter chick, unless you count him being upset that the killer of his Papop is alive. I sometimes want to burn down a SINAI hospital because my father died in it but yeah. Before that he was more scared thinking he can't be their for MJ not very self-centered. I mean MJ was already acting like a total bitch, he should have just dumped her and smashed the other girl.

And yes the movie sucked