Heroes

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Heroes

Post by Sandman »

I cant believe no one has started a thread for this yet. I remeber we had a TV shows thread, but I think that this show deserves its own. Well as of now there are only three episodes left in the first season, and it is going to be awesome.

Here is a summary of the show:
Heroes is an American science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, which premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006. The show tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel and flight. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind. The series follows the writing style of American comics with short, multi-episode story arcs that build upon a larger, more encompassing arc. Even with small story arcs that move the story forward, Kring said "we have talked about where the show goes up to five seasons".

When the series premiered in the United States, it was the night's most-watched program among adults aged 18-49, attracting 14.3 million viewers overall and receiving the highest rating for any NBC drama premiere in five years. On October 6, 2006, NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a full season.On January 17, 2007, Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a second season.

If you have missed any of the episodes go to UTube or find them where ever and watch them you will not regret it.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Yeah I was looking for a thread but thought it might have fallen into the ether before now.

If you've seen ep 20 then i'm sure this thread will filled soon enough with time travel theories and possible explanations. Me? The loophole about Sylar and Hiro? I've got it sussed and can explain why he's still alive if you'd like?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hiro is awesome but I loved it when peter used his powers in the last episode, that was awesome.

I also like how they have set up Sylar and Peter as same powers different means of obtaining them... dont want to give too much away
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Just so we don't spoil other members with current stuff if they are watching the UK Sci-Fi channel schedule I've sent you a PM so we can discuss things away from unwanted ears.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

That show is awesome but it's like the biggest rip off of X Men.

...Coming from someone who has only seen the 2nd XMen movie.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

If you don't think of it as a Xmen or Mutant X or any other previous mutant powers show, rip-off, then you'll really be impressed by it.

This show really is amazing because it's probably one of the only shows I've seen that has packed so much into it's first series it's almost like the anti-Lost (sorry I had to compare it to Lost, I just couldn't help it :wink:). There is hardly any filler at all which is surprising for any show really.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I loved the first season of lost but it 'lost' something after that I hope heroes is not the same. Anyway Heroes goes way more indepth with these peoples powers, if you read the online comic there is a lot more info there and there is also a cool fake data base that you enter like you where an agent for that "paper company"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Damn, I missed that 19 and 20 had come out :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, there are many things I like about heroes, there are also some I dislike. I'll write about them another time, though, once I've seen the end of season one.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

heroes pissed me off when they stole the story from The Watchmen.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

TheDrizzit wrote:That show is awesome but it's like the biggest rip off of X Men.
The producer of the show, Jeph Loeb, is a comic book writer, who has written nearly every mainstream comic book. His credentials include most of the X-Books, Batman, and most recently, Wolverine.

Everything is a rip off of something, anyway. Also, I don't watch this show, so I can't really comment on it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Everyone who says its a rip-off has usually just read the premise of the series. If you watch it, you wouldnt say it. Obviously alot of general similarities with other comics, but its usually the normal clichés for comics. Nothing you think of when you watch or that bothers you.

It has a pretty irratic plot and not the greatest drama with background for characters, but it has too many characters and doesnt take itself too seriously. Its a very entertaining and original tv series. Watch it and you wont regret it. Especially now that its getting better and way more exciting with its interesting plot.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

are you fuckign kidding me? ive seen ever show on monday nights, but this isnt like a semi the same idea, it is a COMPLETE RIP OFF idea.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He doesnt read comics like we do, i mean i can count the comics he has read in one hand, superhero comic even less ;)

So he doesnt know how much of ripp off it really is.

Me i can see clearly many comics they steal from, prolly Loeb's idea, "hey that comic was cool, we should use its story"

Me i watch only for characters like Hiro,Claire. I like them, they are pretty well done.

Sure the story is interesting at time but not that good.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Yeah, totally. Superhero comics are so original. Yes sirree. Completely new material. It is simply amazing no one has recognized it before, especially with the many thousands of issues released so far.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Well it was actually the last episode that made me think it.

And I watch it every Monday and know the series back and forth. But the last episode with the future how it was just reminded me of XMen 2.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

In what way does it remind you of Xmen 2? I've seen that film and there's only one thing I can think of that's the same and that's the whole "looking like someone else to destroy all the heroes" thing.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I dont read many comics, for one because I am always lost not knowing the characters and stuff, but I have watched Heroes from the begining so I can say its the best show on TV right now. It also helps when you imerse your self into the story by going to the Heroes website on nbc.com and read the comic there... I guess I do read comics :roll:

Anyway most stories to some degree were inspired by another, and if Heores stole it word for word from some comic, it still rocks and I hope they dont change.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

It reminds me because when they went into the future everyone hated them and was hunting them. Like I said, it was just the one episode but now it is eating at me for the rest of the series.

I am just glad its a short series so it can't become like Lost and lose it's meaning. Luckily, I was able to break away from Lost.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

TheDrizzit wrote:It reminds me because when they went into the future everyone hated them and was hunting them. Like I said, it was just the one episode but now it is eating at me for the rest of the series.

I am just glad its a short series so it can't become like Lost and lose it's meaning. Luckily, I was able to break away from Lost.
Lost had a meaning? First I've heard of it. Lost is still a great show, though some people can't appreciate that the writers don't want to reveal all the big secrets all at once.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

well they should have at least stoped giving us bullshit to watch. There was one episode where they made up all new characters and stuck them in there and re edited the crash and some of the other event to make it believeable.

Anyway new heroes tonight :twisted: I cant wait I hope Hiro grows so balls and kills Sylar... but of course without him where is the bad guy??

Any way heroes is going to go another season I just hope they can keep it as fesh as this season... and maybe not so many long ass breaks.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT HIRO GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS... I AM STARTING TO HATE HIM... did anyone else notice that the sword was a fake? I would hope that they would pay enough attention to use a semi real looking sword instead of a fake one.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

LOL on Molly being the tracker system. And is it me or does ted look like one of those geico cavemen?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

he is the Gieco Caveman :lol:

Anyway I wonder why Sylar didnt use his Metal Melting ability to break the sword instead of the freezing...

Oh yeah that right Molly was the kid in the beginning when the FBI couldnt find the girl and Parkmen found her and asked about Sylar, and got locked up and then recruited by the FBI... what twisted webs we weave.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Twisted webs, my ass. While that IS a thread of plot, many other things are hopelessly constructed chance meetings passed off as destiny. And there are SOO many chance meetings.

This show could have been much better without all the pseudo-destiny elements in it.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

meh, i love the show.. but I get the feeling that the bomb will go off regardless.

So either you can change the past or you can't.

I'm waiting to see how they solve the time paradox.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

psi29a wrote:meh, i love the show.. but I get the feeling that the bomb will go off regardless.

So either you can change the past or you can't.

I'm waiting to see how they solve the time paradox.

But see, from the episode with Charlie, i thought Hiro learned that you cant change the past or future, thus making all these episode completely pointless since the bomb will go off no matter what.

Plus, shouldnt Mr. Bennet be like bald by now after Ted had his crazy nuclear meltdown, just like how ted's wife ended up?

By Jet Li's "The One" rules, shouldnt hero be even stronger since the future one died? Or maybe we should have Back to future rules apply, meaning that your current self and future or past self cant both equally acknowledge each other's presence. LOL im just messing. Heroes is pretty good, but i have a feeling it will drop off like LOST.