God hand(ps2 game)

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

raoh
imanewbie

God hand(ps2 game)

Post by raoh »

trailers for those who have not played & care:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY90Jl-W6Bg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuTXPMQxLzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2MvIC4j6E

(gameplay is a lot like an advanced "tekken force mode" but with much easier to perform moves/combos)

this game has had many mixed reviews so id like to see what you guys think of it. its a very nostalgic game with some very clear fist of the north star and other old anime/video game inspirations which should give it some interest from you guys

in my view it is a difficult game that takes a fair amount of skill in terms of timing/reflexes (like the early nintendo games) with a ton of depth in its fighting system and a great storyline that is very light but still very compelling because of its its great sense of humor and characters/personalities. The one problem i found is that it story mode is a bit too long and some parts get a bit tedious towards the end, and IGN actually gave this 3/10 mostly because the reviewer found it too hard and pretty much expected something like God of War (IGN are retarded anyway).

so heres the point of the post:
do any of you guys have this & what do you think?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Im seriously going to pick up this game. Just for the reason its caleld God Hand. Its a clover game too, so its gotta be good.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

You have to enjoy beat em ups and hard difficulty to appreciate God Hand. That and finely crafted gameplay.

God Hand is simply the best beat em up in years, probably ever. The fighting system kicks ass and it takes skill in order to beat this game. God of War was a good game but you could get by with mashing the square button and blocking every once in a while.

God Hand got trashed because of the difficulty and camera angles. I had no problem with the camera angles though.

Any who, if you consider your self a "Hard core" gamer, then you have to pick this up. No offense, but I doubt you are elite with a cactaur avatar. It's one of those things ya know.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:Any who, if you consider your self a "Hard core" gamer, then you have to pick this up. No offense, but I doubt you are elite with a cactaur avatar. It's one of those things ya know.
I'm sorry man, but that's some conceited and elitist bullshit right there.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femtov2 wrote: I'm sorry man, but that's some conceited and elitist bullshit right there.
The sheer irony of that statement just made my head explode.

Back on topic, I loves me some God Hand. "You're not Alexander!"
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ayanami wrote: Any who, if you consider your self a "Hard core" gamer, then you have to pick this up. No offense, but I doubt you are elite with a cactaur avatar. It's one of those things ya know.
I'm a hard core gamer. You aren't like me you are niche gamer(SHMUPS and the like). Do you know how I know? Because I buy games and systems just so I have the right to talk smack about them. Example: Drakengard need I go on?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

For fuck's sake, when did playing video games become a "I'm cooler than you because I like this" contest?

I mean, on what grounds does one consider himself a hardcore gamer? On how many games you have? On having played that rare title nobody knows about? On how much time you spend on a single game? On you holding the world record on some game?

You know what the answer to that is? None of the above.

Being "hardcore" is just a stupid term people have come up with to make to make themselves feel better about a stupid hobby they spend thousands of dollars and thousands on hours on. It's become no different than those ridiculous comic book nerds that hog their precious comics and seal them in plastic bags never to be read again.

Is it too much to ask of people to just play what they fucking want and shut the fuck up about how great they are because of it?

It's all so very stupid.

Fuck this thread.

FTW.

PS: It's nice of you to stick up for your buddy like that, Tempest, but that post was some hardcore horseshit whether you want to admit it or not.
Last edited by Femto on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

See, I told u I was hardcore.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Image

See, I told u I was hardcore.
That stopped being funny a year ago.

PS: God Hand is fantastic.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

let us ask the AH Dictionary:
hard core
n.
1. The most dedicated, unfailingly loyal faction of a group or organization: the hard core of the separatist movement.
2. An intractable core or nucleus of a society, especially one that is stubbornly resistant to improvement or change.
So, to be hardcore gamer one must
1) a fanboi or fangurl for your particular game genre or console.
2) ignore advances in technology, typically 'oldschool' games are preferred over modern games.

If you meet one of those above, you are hardcore.

Kinda deflates the whole impact of the word doesn't it.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

So would "Experienced Gamer" or "Knowledgable Gamer" be a more PC term? But then there would have to be some kind of cut off for the "Unexperienced" or "Unknowledgable". Interesting.

All I know is this (A statment previously stated and re-affirmed in the Rant Thread): Fuck "Joe Gamer". That and any game that has a move entitled "Pimp Slap" is an Insta-FTWer.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Femtov2 wrote:For fuck's sake, when did playing video games become a "I'm cooler than you because I like this" contest?
Now we know who never got loved as a child.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Malvado wrote:
Femtov2 wrote:For fuck's sake, when did playing video games become a "I'm cooler than you because I like this" contest?
Now we know who never got loved as a child.
That doesn't make any sense but thank you for trying.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Taking Ayanami's post into account. I like Shadow of the Colossus, whatever slow down that happenned(i didn't notice) never affected my gameplay experience.
raoh
imanewbie

Post by raoh »

Ayanami wrote: Any who, if you consider your self a "Hard core" gamer, then you have to pick this up. No offense, but I doubt you are elite with a cactaur avatar. It's one of those things ya know.
i chose the cactuar as a nostalgic thing actually, if i can ill get a screenie of my fully unlocked jukebox since i recently finished the kick me sign challenge (no joke took ages)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Let us all stop the hissy fit. I admit that was quite ass holeish of me. I am usually pretty mellow about this kinda stuff but every once in a while the "eliteism" gets the better of me. The contempt for "Joe Gamer" gets me some times. Shit, I played FF8 for a while so yeah, as ya do. Femto called me out, my bad.

Any who, God Hand is dope as many can agree.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Clover is kicking ass with a barrage of great games. I definitely see them becoming the next big game developer. I really enjoyed God Hand, they chose a very peculiar theme for that type of game, but they pulled it off.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:Clover is kicking ass with a barrage of great games. I definitely see them becoming the next big game developer. I really enjoyed God Hand, they chose a very peculiar theme for that type of game, but they pulled it off.
It's funny you mention that because Clover doesn't exist anymore.

The staff got dissolved into Capcom and a couple of their "big name" game designers went on to form some other studio (called Seeds, I believe).

God Hand and Viewtiful Joe were fantastic but Okami was pretty lame so, all in all, they didn't leave a bad track record behind.

Pretty sad to see how little they lasted.

It was a very promising studio.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Dissolved or bought? I didn't know that, but I suppose it ain't so bad if most of the people are working at a bigger company.

PS: Okami was great, you'll be impressed at the amount of work that was put into that game.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Dissolved and now they work in the main capcom divisions. A few people left and formed SEEDS like Femto said.

My Okami is still unopened. Heard it was long so didn't even bother playing it yet.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:PS: Okami was great, you'll be impressed at the amount of work that was put into that game.
I'm well aware of the work behind the game but it was, in hindsight, a huge letdown for me.

It was a 10-15 hour game that got stretched to 40 and it wasn't challenging in the slightest.

I didn't die once.

I mean, even Wind Waker managed to kill me here and there.

I dunno, it lacked focus or something.

I'm pretty sure I got rid of it already.