New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

guywildman
imanewbie

Post by guywildman »

Err... hi. my name is guy Wildman (as seen in my user name) I've been reading berserk for some time now and I have to say it's by far the best manga I have ever read. I've sorta been surfing here so I can download the recent chapters but I never responded since I didn't really have the time, I'm a soldier in the i.d.f and spend 5-6 days a month at home so I spend nearly no time next to the comp. so as you can see I wont be the most active user in this forum. I just thought I'd post and tell you guys thanks, if it wasn't for you're site and all the hard work you put into you translations I'd have to wait years until I could get to this point in the manga (volume 1 is the only one available here), so erm… thanks. I'll try and post from time to time and keep seeding, I have a relatively fast connection.
p.s
Sorry for the English and the spelling mistakes, this is not my mother tong.
p.p.s
If there are any Jew's in the premise then happy Passover!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

so i'm going to guess that i.d.f is the israeli army? anyway great to meet you. stay safe
Last edited by MrFelony on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It is amazing that Berserk is appreciated by many people the world over regardless of location, ethnicity, political affiliation, nationality and more!

Glad ya posted, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

8)
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Hello all.
My name is Facade19 aka. Mo and I just discovered Berserk last Thursday. :)
Well actually I knew about Berserk for a while now, but last week I purchased the first 7 volumes of Berserk. However since Berserk is very addictive and I was unable to restrain myself :D, I read through all the available scans that I could find (I read till the point where the Kushan army has surrounded the allied Forces in Vristian (sp?). I might be behind, and if indeed I am, and please forgive me for this, please direct me, if that is allowed (either through PM, or here on the board) to the newest scans possible. I did try to use the bittorrent (the latest one I think it was 283) but it would not work for me. Once again I hope this will not appear to be prudent.
Anyhow, I do not know what else to state, beside that I think by far Berserk is the best damn story I have ever had the pleasure to encounter in my life. Though I am only 22, I do not hesitate to state something such as that.
With that said I am certainly glad that I discovered this online community and hope for thoughtful discussion that I may participate in. :)

Edit: Okay I was able to download Chapter 282 and 283 through the interstice (the direct download links that brain . However the bittorrent sadly will not open for me, so I looked the web and was able to get 280 and 281. BTW, if you guys need to find storage space for the direct link downloads, I have an account with megaupload. I would be more than happy to upload if you guys want me to. Just though I throw that one in. :)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We don't do direct downloads, BT only, sorry.

Glad you managed to find it though. The Interstice is the only place with direct downloads but they are not hosted by us.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Ah no worries, as long as I can find the chapters.
Well as long as Brainpiercing has d/d links, I should be fine.
BTW great forum(s). :)
Ladi Alucard
imanewbie

Post by Ladi Alucard »

Hello all I am Ladi, I am new here nice to meet you guys. Thanks for making a Berserk forum after spending two weeks reading the entire 30 volumes. There are somethings i wanna discuss :D
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Welcome, Ladi! Now that you're all caught up you can suffer the long waits between chapters with the rest of us :P
Ladi Alucard
imanewbie

Post by Ladi Alucard »

Yeah I know its killing me I wanna know what gonna happen.... I mean this is worse than waiting for Naruto. Berserk.... hmmm so this is what crack feels like :shock: Anyway thanks for the welcome Big Sassy
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

welcome to mindwerks... may we all tap our berserk veins togetherhappily
Bow to Golbez
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

but unlike berserk, crack doesnt usually have a good story line or plot development.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Also unlike crack, Berserk seems to give a stronger high the more of it you take, not a weaker one. For me anyway, although I suppose some people (cough Femto cough) might disagree.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No reason you can't read Berserk WHILE smoking your drug of choice. :P

It's like a cross-wire *laughs*.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

What's the point? Berserk is my drug of choice. Besides, what if smoking some other drug caused me to fail in appreciating the more subtle elements woven through Berserk? That would be a tradgedy, a desecration of a masterpiece.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's no joke, but what I said was. I'm not saying to do anything you can't handle. :P
Israfel74
imanewbie

Post by Israfel74 »

Hello. Long time and frequent lurker (to the point that I am familiar with almost all the frequent posters). I bought the TV series after DL'ing/watching it and immediately hunted down the manga (how could you not after the ultimate cliffhanger of the Eclipse?). At first I read all the BoTH scanlations (in a couple days) and found EG soon after. I recently bought all the volumes released by DH and will continue until Miura is six feet under or the series ends (whichever happens first). This is undoubtedly my favorite manga of all time (and I've read a LOT) and it continues to amaze me with its art, characters, and the power of its storytelling. In other words, I'm an addict.

On another note, THANK YOU EG! It blows my mind that nobody else is scanlating Berserk as it is released but with you guys doing it nobody else needs to bother. Keep up the fantastic work until this is all over and you'll have my everlasting gratitude (not that you don't already have it).

P.S. Also loving Zetman and Biomega (minus the bear)!
Last edited by Israfel74 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hey, well i guess welcome to the boards isnt as aproppriate since you're an active lurker, but thanks for posting :P. hopefully you'll post a little more ;)
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

Israfel74 wrote:P.S. Also loving Zetman and Biomega (minus the bear)!
What's wrong with the bear??
Israfel74
imanewbie

Post by Israfel74 »

Bears = "godless killing machines" -Stephen Colbert

But really, it's just that making Kozlov a bear is super random. It does provide some comic relief, though.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hey btw, where is your avatar from?
Israfel74
imanewbie

Post by Israfel74 »

That would be a cropped version of the awesome art of Kuang Hong, aka Noah-KH. These places have most of his stuff:

http://www.zemotion.net/noah/ (Official Homepage)
http://noah-kh.deviantart.com/
http://noah-kh.gfxartist.com/
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

thats some really good stuff :shock:
botamr
imanewbie

First chapter of the Manga

Post by botamr »

I was just wondering what was up with Gutts having sex with that demon disguised as a woman? Did he know she was a demon? What was his purpose? He could've killed it easily without catching it off guard, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well he was trying to set a trap for the demon. did you see how easy it was for him to kill the demon? it probably woulda been much harder if he didnt have sex with the demon.
botamr
imanewbie

Post by botamr »

He's killed MUCH tougher demons than that, some very easily and some were quite a challenge. This demon was nothing in comparison so I don't think it was a trap/way to *beat* the demon