HAPPY BDAY!

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Who do you consider to be at the top?
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Buzkashi wrote:It was my first IT song too. It was everyones. Doesnt stop the fact that as an emcee he is below average.
Nah man, thats taking it waay to far. The norm for mcs nowadays is below average, atleast considering the commercials ones, he is one of the better ones, not the opposite.

He is lacking in certain things, and it hampers his lyrics sometimes, but far from below average IMO.

Random question...anyone know when Rakim Allahs new long awaited record comes out? Btw, Rakim is one of the few guys who as an emcee makes IT look very average in skill (he is the best in the things IT is lacking, flow, smooth and clear spitting of the lyrics despite it being hyper fast and so on...doesnt seem like he is talking or poor breathing technique like IT).
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Just to name a few emcees who are superior to immortal technique:

Tech n9ne
Jay Z
Nas
Eminem
mos def
black thought
big l
method man
Notorious B.I.G

and to name a few who are less known..

Vinne Paz
Apathy
SAIGON
del the funkee homosapien
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I dont know Tech N9ne, Big l, black thought and the lesser known ones you mentionned (except Saigon, he is one of my favs). But for the others, I basically agree except Jay Z. It may seem irrational, but I just dislike Jay Z (and haha I cant help them to laugh at him simply by thinking of Nas's Ether song...not fan of PR-disses and beefs, but that song killed). Enjoyed many of his songs, but I generally dislike his sorry ass. Prefer I.T in many ways.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

If you liked ether. Then you'll like Jay-Z's diss on nas. It was a response. It tore the fuck outa nas. I forgot what it was called.

EDIT: I highly suggest tech n9ne to anyone. He has arguably the best flow in hip-hop today.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, tech n9ne is really good. when i heard devil boy i laguhed out loud so hard because all i could think of was akito from kodomo no omacha.

mos def has really good beats and is easy to listen to, eminem has great rhymes and i hear good stage presence. most of the big names you listed are very good, however in terms of subject matter i believe they werent as strong and were much less compelling than IT IMO. im happy i get some new names to look up though, ive been wanting some new rap.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I met a smart ass guy who was really into shakespeare who loved eminem because he spits in iambic pentameter or something like that. he actually studied it for a paper or something lol. you can tell that he atleast goes stress unstressed
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

w00t!

Buz turned 18!!!

Fuck, I missed the day!

Happy birthday Buz...and everyone else whose birthdays I've missed!
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

thanks for the Tech recommendation Buz. He is the first rapper I have seen who has almost the same natural flow Rakim has (a big compliment because Rakim is THE rapper of rappers). Spitting pretty fast but still saying everything so clearly and naturally (unlike others who rap fast, you're wondering what they just said and miss the next rhyme).
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Since this is the unofficial hiphop topic ;) I just had to show you guys this vid of this semi-unknown old school chica (she is making a comeback now like many greats back then). Her flow and delivery is just insane 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5UEPzfdw8g
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Today is the day some of you have cursed often after frustrated discussions... the day the posterboy of Fanboys was spawned :lol: Libaax's 25th birthday :)

Flame away! :lol:
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Happy birthday dude! Have fun today!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks khel.

It was a fun family only birthday where mom made a new fav cake of mine. Some sort of annas cake that was awesome.

Dad prayed for not wasting my youth and stuff in the usual birthday prayer :lol:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Just got back into town, happy post-b-day there libaax. 8)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, happy birthday guys!

Oh shit Buz, you can buy your own smokes now. Movin up in the world. Blunt wraps is all you homie. ;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Re: HAPPY BDAY!

Post by MrFelony »

Happy belated birthday libaax! you're getting so old :P...i'll be there in only 4 short years
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Happy belated Birthday Libaax, you´re a role model to all fanboys out there.

Keep teh dream alive. =P
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I never check this thread.

'sup birthday boy Libaax. 8)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks guys i was starting to think i was hated or something thinking why no one here remembered my birthday except Khel. 8)

Deathbringer: Gotta show these youngsters what a true fanboy is ;)
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I noticed you had a birthday too Libaax. Don't be sad, we acknowlege your birth. :P

So, how old are you now?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

25 years old now and its funny since 18 it doesnt feel any different .
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Whoa, nice. I won't be 24 till the end of the year. I definitely feel different now then I did when I was 18, heh.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Depends on what you have done. If you are married and kids and stuff then its a difference. Me i felt different at 18 cause you thought then now its time to get serious no more kids stuff.

In our culture you are a man by the age of 15, heh if i was in somalia i would prolly have several kids by now :lol: