Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I checked again a couple or so main clips of the movie that was posted online....he shouts in ALL of them. Only those show me enough to make me realise that he is shouting alot more then in the comic. Way more.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I don't know what classifies as shouting to you but I can only name three scenes where he shouted. He talked a lot more then the comic/graphic novel but he didn't shout all his lines.

Venom pictures. here[/url]
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

For Femto:

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I think the original was better... :P

Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Blah blah blah 300+politics= :censored:

This shit is all over the papers, tv, radio etc. Fucking overkill. Regardless of whether there's some 'hidden agenda' or why it's been inserted, people flocking to the movie to see this 'political' message, are only spreading their asses at the technicolor altar as an offering to the insatiable shit chute craving power trips of Hollywood's mass media moguls. Propaganda isn't profitable unless people buy into it. Agh a great big worldwide STFU is in order.

Anyway, curb stomping the shit out of this thread til it's back on topic...

PotC 3 trailer is finally out. All hail Cap'n Psi :whip:

Production photos & other goods: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/pirates ... dsend.html
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I was so glad that Barbossa came back. A great character and the relation between him and jack should be interesting in this new installment.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I hated PotC 2, especially the ending, but i'll still probably see the 3rd. and I would say that I thought that leonidas was pretty level headed. whenever he had to make a decision or say something important, it wasnt like he just started screaming, he pretty much always thought about it, then just happened to shout his reply.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

SOURCE - COMING SOON:

New Line has bought the feature rights to Microsoft video game Gears of War. Stuart Beattie (Collateral) is writing the screenplay and Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey are producing via their Temple Hill.

"Gears" has sold over three million units and is hugely popular on Microsoft's Xbox Live service, which allows players to compete against each other online. Though it was released in November and is available only for the Xbox 360 console, it quickly became the fourth bestselling game of 2006 in the U.S.

The story is about a world reeling from an invasion by aliens known as the Locust. A small group of elite soldiers, including the main character Marcus Fennix, who is rescued from prison at the beginning of the game, fight to retake the planet Sera for its surviving humans.
tought I'd share the news
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Game to movie concept? IT CAN'T FAIL

.... oh wait
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

It certainly can but it could become an enjoyable movie. depending on who does it. I like apocalyptic stuff so I'd probably watch it. Even if Uwe Boll did it I'd check it out just out of curiosity.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Uwe Bole is my hero...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I hate him when he's got his hands around kristanna Lokken:
http://french.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/ ... oll,%20Uwe

I also hate that the sex scene in Bloodrayne wasn't sexy at all. Pretty much like the Alone in the dark sex scene (but I don't care for tara reid anyway, so that one doesn't bother me too much). He screwed up a sex scene with kristana Lokken for God's sake !!!

HE'S AN INSULT TO CINEMA and he'S my hero too.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I thought the Underworld 2 : Evolution sex scene was great.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Uwe Boll must die.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Buzkashi wrote:I thought the Underworld 2 : Evolution sex scene was great.
You're making it sound like Uwe did that movie? Considering the topic is he even sucks at making sex scenes sexy.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Uwe didnt do that movie. I just liked that scene.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I thought so (but it sounded random considering the topic9, it would be weird if he did that movie...the first movie was pretty good, bizzare if they would get desperate enough to give the second to that retard.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Brainpiercing wrote:Uwe Boll must die.
lol, is he still using those German tax law loopholes to make his fortune off of his horrible movies?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I don't know how he makes money, and how he gets money for his movies. I also don't know how he can get those good actors in his crappy movies.

Well, whatever. Unfortunately murder is illegal.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think so many hate Boll that murdering him wouldnt be that bad, a good lawyer could make a very good case that you did many people a service by whacking him.

Shaka tells me that he is so rich that he can make how horrible movies he wants, not that they make much money. He must make his money in some other way.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

His money comes from a german law. I don't know the details, but it's something like, the government force companies to give a bit of money for development of cinema. So Uwe doesn't have to find money from big studios and all. You know that Bloodrayne was a financial disaster ? and he still wants to do a second one. It's awesome how Uwe Boll believe he's doing great stuff. It's like, he's living in denial. On wikipedia you can read about a boxing match against some critics. It'S something he did for his next movie DVD (postal). It's like a cameo that was going to be added but he took the whole thing seriously. He was a boxer before and the critics weren't. The critics were supposedly told that they'd be given lessons before the fight and that it'd be a friendly match but things didn'T turn that way. Check it out on wikipedia.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starlore wrote:
PotC 3 trailer is finally out. All hail Cap'n Psi :whip:

Production photos & other goods: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/pirates ... dsend.html
he entire thing is just a massive Star Wars ripoff.

Luke - Will Turner
Leia - Elizabeth Swann
Han Solo - Jack Sparrow
Chewbacca - Gibbs
Lando - Barbossa
Boba Fett - Commodore Norrington
Jabba the Hutt - Lord Cutler Beckett
Vader/Anakin - Bootstrap Bill Turner
Emperor Palpatine - Davy Jones
R2D2 & C3PO - Pintel & Ragetti

I loved PotC 2 but it was better when they called it the Empire Strikes Back.
I thought this post was funny.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Last edited by Shaka Zulu on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Shaka Zulu: those images are hot-linked, meaning that the referrer (the forums) is not allowed to display the images. It will work for you because your browser caches them, and you can refresh forums many times and it will still be there but for the rest of us, we can't see them.

Best bet is to use imageshack or something similar, unless the site supports letting other sites view the image.

(to test, just hold down shift on your keyboard and click refresh) all the images should load but the ones where hotlinking is refused, hence the broken images.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Finally watched the Departed yesterday. It was like a watered down version of the Hong Kong version, the Infernal Affairs. I didn't think the excess profanity was needed. The HK version was much, much better. I didn't think that Scorsese's direction in the movie was deserving of the oscar. If it was some other film besides Infernal Affairs, he wouldn't have gotten shit.

300 still hasn't come out yet. Fuck. I hate this shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am