Favorite Berserk Quotes

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

someguy
imanewbie

Post by someguy »

There have been quite a few great quotes in the last few chapters, Though the best would be......

"'Fuck You!

I'm human, the real deal, right down to the fuckin marrow of my bones.

Don't lump me together with you faggot-ass Monsters"

- Guts

"You're like a bird perched on my arm" -Guts (When Guts was carrying Schierke on his back)
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

"You. . .are you really human!? What the hell are you!?"
-Roshinu, Vol. 16

Given the context (An apostle talking to Guts), I found that line priceless. I love of all of berserk, but the Chapter of the Lost Children is still my favorite.

Also, hi.
Last edited by Dagda Mor on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

nice to meet you :D. where is your av from?
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Likewise. The avatar is taken from a piece of concept art by a fabulous artist named Wen-M.
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

Yeah, the Lost Children arc was *really* cool. The best tihng is, it had very little if notihng to do with the 'main' story - it was just Guts fighting an Apostle, but it was still *really* *really* cool.

My favourite arc of all has to be the Birth Rite though. That was just... amazing. Spekaing of which, it's where the next quote comes from:

"If you meet God, tell him to just leave me alone!" - Guts, Vol. 21 (i think)

I think it sums up so much, especially when one considers the role of the Idea of Evil in manipulating causality.
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

Dagda Mor wrote:"You. . .are you really human!? What the hell are you!?"
-Roshinu, Vol. 16

Given the context (An apostle talking to Guts), I found that line priceless. I love of all of berserk, but the Chapter of the Lost Children is still my favorite.

Also, hi.

Man I couldn't agrre with you more. When I was reading that chapter I damn near got all giddy over an Apostle being scared and startled trying to imply that our most beloved & angry character isn't even human. When you encounter a non-human character calling a human character a monster and so on it just does somthing grea for me while I'm reading.

Arresty wrote:
Only when he was getting hit. If he manages to dodge shit he would be fine. But yes he was hurting on th inside. If the fight had conintued Guts woudl have won.

Sorry for being very late with this one but I'm just reading through all now..hehe. However All of that isn't true because the armor also allows him to use all of his strength to the point of straining and hurting his body. So without hits he would be less damaged but still would be.
Last edited by Painfulchaos on Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the40thieves
imanewbie

Post by the40thieves »

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's life." - Godo

Not only is this a universal truth, but this reoccuring theme of the story coupled with regret, I feel has created some of its most powerful moments.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

The whole manga is full of great quotes. Recently, the "pissing contest/smack talking" has given quite a few (already shown here, so I'll skip it)
raider
imanewbie

Post by raider »

Don't get all conceited! Here a present from the underworld!!-Guts
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

".
."

-Silat Returns!
Demon, Demon of the Fall.
Demon, Demon of the Fall.
Demon, Demon of the Fall...
Demon....
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thats not a quote you ass, there are half the people in Berserk say that at one point :evil:

Maybe if you put the Volume, Chapter, and page number we would be able to see where he said... NOHTING!!! :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Ichise Asura
imanewbie

Post by Ichise Asura »

uh..(goes and open the txt with the interesting anime phrases/manga"
i have other one with "learn" XDDD
this will be a long one thing XDD
i'm destiny to rule the world by sacrifice my own flesh

We Grab swords to protect small wounds that had been burried deep in old memories

we weild swords for the sound of laughter that used to be there long time ago

if i cannot cut it, i'll tie it up

it'll be dawn before i finished decapitating all of you

all the thoughts will slowly fade away
and leaving only...the rythrm of my heart beat

you just happened to be there and i used you

you are a pebble that happened to fall onto the path i walk..is all

at night, it feels like thunder inside of my brain; moving arround, trying to burst free

it follows me, again and again , it feels like the waves of the ocean crashing onto my brain and all my affection goes along with it

frustration, friendly, envy, emptiness, unhapyness, unbrearable, hunger

Love, hatred, agony, pleasure , life & death, all there....

I want to go back that old thing i felt affection for.

but not just the one thing; i want back everything that i used to feel affection for,
because now i feel nothing, for any of those old things, even though their images are still in my head,
crystal clear i want to keep the feelings of those things with me

The Gears have set been set in motion
you, who are closest to death , are the most anxous to escape
Struggle ,challenge , and rise to stuggle again!!
thats the only sword a struggle can use angainst death!!

Honorable Child , Rise to The Altar.

i want...to die, never to think...never to feel...i'm sinking...

The idea Of Evil , this is god.

i dwell deep in your heart. i am a part of you.

love become hate...

i'll crush every last one of you

on that day , the deadly sun could be seen all o'er the land

she was afraid , left all alone in that enormous prision...
Because she was afraid she hurt people, because she was afraid , she pushed them away,
because she was afraid , she figthened everyone near her

The Falcon Of Darkness
The King of the blind white sheep is the master of the black sheep with a burden of sins.
he is the one who shall bring true darkness to the world

Become Care...free Become carefree with everything...become carefree

i come to make certain.
to stand before you in this new body.
and see if there was anything that could sway my heart.
but it seems...that i...am free.

The wind whispered...and this world began to change.

oh well...i'm used to do that when i found a interesting phrase i add it to the txt...i'm sure there should be some new ones but guess i forget to add then cuz i was "too addicted" to the storyine to stop reading to writte on the phrases txt XD
thorgrim29
imanewbie

Post by thorgrim29 »

-if you meet god, tell him to leave me alone, from guts
-hes become a walking first-aid kit, again guts talking about puck
-you cant send me away, without me this story would be too dark, and you make your livelihood out of this manga: puck, approximative quote though
-what you want may not be what she wants: Gaiserick (skull knight)
-are you homo?
-A friend must be someone equal to me : Griffith
-more or less: you would dare step on a sleeping knight?: azan
-its more like a slab of iron: too many ppl to count
-The raid leader of the hawks, a man who once killed 100 men, he is the reason I want to be the ultimate swordsman: Ishidoro
-Beware the day that mans dream comes crashing down: zodd
-fuck you
-I've always wanted to say this, soldiers, charge!: Corkus
-Why should I care about a pissing contest between monsters: guts
-I just like the jedi trick Sheirke pulled up with the guards, even though its not a quote per se
-If he hears about that swords name, that fool may get it in his head to go hunting dragons: Godo
-I'm growing cold, and only the glow of the forge can keep me warm: again Godo.
Thats it, on the top of my head, if the quotes are not exact, sorry, but I didn't feel like re-reading the manga just now. Btw, I'm a french speaker originally, learning a language isn't that hard, you just have to learn the basics then immerse yourself through tv, books and trips, not to mention a lot of practice :D
Pabst
imanewbie

Post by Pabst »

Was re-reading Berserk for the bajillionth time, and saw a quote I loved, so decided to resurrect this thread.

V24c197

Small Talk? I can't stand that shit.
Small Talk. I was thinking I would like to kill you.
Wo0oT
imanewbie

Post by Wo0oT »

vol 17 chapter 1 page 5
----
Puck: "pretty please with sugar on top?"
Gatts: "pretty please with sugar on top!"
----
Gatts prisoned without his weapons and equipment in a cage in the camp of the iron chain knights. One of the few scenes which makes me laugh evereytime i reread it. I'm following this forum for about 3 years now... can't remember exactly though, but now i decided to post something valueable ;)
sorry for eventual bad spelling

greetings from Germany

Wo0oT
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

greets right back, I've forgotten about that scene. Nice catch. 8)
Calfs
imanewbie

Post by Calfs »

someguy wrote:There have been quite a few great quotes in the last few chapters, Though the best would be......

"'Fuck You!

I'm human, the real deal, right down to the fuckin marrow of my bones.

Don't lump me together with you faggot-ass Monsters"

- Guts

"You're like a bird perched on my arm" -Guts (When Guts was carrying Schierke on his back)
these are some of my favorites aswell, but one I dont think has been touched upon greatly yet is..."My place really was here. I was too foolish and stubborn to notice. But, what I truly hoped for then was here. Why do I always realize it, when I've already lost it." -guts

heres some more all by Guts:

Humans are weak... but we want to live... even if we're wounded... or tortured... we feel the pain...

He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him.

I'd rather fight for my life than live it.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

I like the part where guts is at godos after the eclipse with caska and the quote after he beats the first apostle

dragons are dragons cause humans cant beat em, but what of a man who beats dragons

but I'm only up to vol 14 should have 15&16 by next week
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Too many great quotes, but heres one of mine.

Caska: The only thing that satisfies you is crossing swords with the enemy!!
You don't consider your friends at all...
YOU'RE JUST A MAD DOG!!
Gatts: Say it again......
I SAID SAY IT AGAIN!!

This was after they she argued with him about him going off to kill more enemies, not caring about staying in formation with his unit and going all crazy etc etc etc. Its one of the times you can see Gatts get really pissed of at her, because we all know too well, that he does care about his raiders. Hes such a softie ^__^
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Favorite Berserk Quotes

Post by Aetherfukz »

Sorry for ressurrecting a rather old thread, but while rereading the berserk story this quote really cracked me up - Puck is just made of win:

Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

"it's just like I'm not in the real world anymore". On the the egg of the emperor's chapter, said by the big bitch sister something, while in a jorney with the skull knight throught a sea of bodies.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re:

Post by The Prince »

Bloodzbir wrote:"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."

This seems to be the most outstanding quote "by Gatts". He said that when spotted griffith on the sword cemetary near Goto's home, and before the fight with Zodd. I think this is my favorite one...
I believe this was Gutts' quote at the end of the scene when an unapologetic Griffith flies off with Zodd. I also like this quote from the same passage if I'm not mistaken.

-not exact, don't have recent Manga for this.....If anyone has the actual quote it would be appreciated.

"It was a Winter's day not unlike this, when I left a defeated Griffith behind in my wake ......But this day I was the one left behind"
Let's put a smile on that face...............
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re:

Post by dialdfordesi »

the40thieves wrote:"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's life." - Godo

Not only is this a universal truth, but this reoccuring theme of the story coupled with regret, I feel has created some of its most powerful moments.
I like that quote a lot simply because it's a very present theme in Berserk.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Re:

Post by Aetherfukz »

Bloodzbir wrote:"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
I so dig this quote. All Guts was about for like 3 or more volumes was about finding Griffith and killing him. And then when he sees him he has a moment of weakness for just 1 second. Just an awesome quote.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I've been totally corrupted by that ridiculous flash parody on Newgrounds.
Whenever I see Caska, Gatt's line comes unbidden to my mind, "I just want you to be normal again... or at least... less retarded."
I can't get it out of my head!!!

Other than that I really liked the panel of Caska draped in jewels in the refugee camp going "Oh..."
Or when she wants to go play with the corpses "ahh..."