Berserk Chapter: 280

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Silatt actually guarded against a swing by the mighty dragonslayer when Guts went for the kill. That was the second fight in the Hawks camp not in the fair when Guts played with him.

Serpico Guts could have killed easily if he was full of killing intention like he was against Silatt.
He never took a swing by the dragonslayer that was for the kill.

Griffith got owned by the older and stronger Guts we all saw that.

He wasnt 15 years rookie swords the second time he fought Silatt like he was when he lost to Griffith.

Not saying Silatt would have a chance against Neo Hawks who are prolly as strong or maybe even stronger than Guts who are above human strenght right now.

Just saying that Silatt has a impressive record to survive a swing by Guts who was full of killing intention. Guts even praised him for his skill and speed to guard against the swing.

I dunno know how good Serpico is skillwise and speedwise but i dont think he is as good as Silatt in those catogaries. Maybe better swordsman thanks to his tactian mind but not by skills.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Eldo wrote:
Starlore wrote:My quivering, fangirl thighs thank you immensely! lmaoImage
Tell me more.
No Eldo, you're still underage!! :kekeke:

& Libaax, Serpico has proven himself as more skilled than the reader initially gave him credit for. I think Miura is deliberately keeping the details of exactly how badass he is/may become, for a good reason. Regardless, he's at least given us the insight to hold him in comparison to Griffith (albeit not on the same level) in his agility, skill, finesse/style & of course his tactical mentality. Considering how he managed to hold his own against Guts, I think I'd very much like to see him have a shot at Silatt...heh! Especially if it was a full length duel, in which we could gain a better perspective of his potential.

Not all badasses flaunt their badassedness! (look at Yoda lol) It's considerably a better idea to keep the capacity of your badassitude, under wraps sometimes...the better to keep your enemy from 'anticipating' your moves....Except in Guts' case haha. Serpico doesn't strike me as the type to wear all of his ability on his sleeve for the world to see. He seems very reserved & considerate of when & where to take action. I don't think we've seen a fraction of what he's truly hiding under that cape...er, no fangirl perversion meant in that. :oops:

But on the topic of Silatt...he brings to mind a conversation Mystic & I had not long ago...Considering his pending lack of loyalties to the Emperor (the guy is a fuckin apostle!!) it isn't inconceivable to consider him leaving for greener pastures. Idly brings one to wonder of the possibility of him 'eventually', joining the ranks of Guts & co...?? I can see it working out that way considering he'll want to see his people out from under the fist of some psycho Apostle. Even if only temporarily, it'd be his best option...

&...I'm still fucking waiting for AZAN to wake the fuck up! :sweat: Agh Miura! agh!
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its actaully a great idea and i hope he joins them.

I mean he has alot of skill and speed.

With something magic item to hurt apostles, he would alot of help to Guts.

Doesnt know how smart he is tacticwise but he is good enough to be a help.

Serpico is uber overrated. He wont become faster and more skillful just cause people think he is a badass or something.

Nothing against him but he wont become better just cause people likes him.

Its like people think he is alittle similer to Griffith he is automaticly as skillful. Serpico will never become as good swordsman as the human Griffith.

Griffith despite i hate him, had alot of his skills he was a great swordsman that was beaten only cause Guts is above human skill and power.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Okay Libaax, we all know you hate Serpico... and the rest of the merry band for that matter. :P I don't think Serpico's got any hidden talents we haven't already seen, we know he's intelligent and quick with a sword. If there's gonna be any surprises from him it will be the progress he makes with the wind element. Or a new cooking recipe.

Guts doesn't keep his abilities under wraps, I'll admit, but it always gives me smiles when somebody sees him annihilate like five opponents at once for the first time. They're all like, "WTF! He can actually wield that thing!".

As for Silat, I can easily see him turning on old man lightning. The Bakiraka have been in slavery for decades and he's vowed free them. It'll be interesting if he joins the Band of the Black Swordsman; with the addition of Silat and now Azan (from the looks of it) Guts would have a strong little group of warriors.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I hate only one CHARACTER in Berserk and that is GRIFFITH.

The merry band i dislike except Puck but i dont hate them.

There is a diffrence beteween thinking Serpico is overrated and hating him.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

lol Band of the Black Swordsman. Cute :p

Libaax, you've got it all wrong. Noone is saying that because Serpico is liked, he'll be a badass. Not in the least! Not like Miura publishes a regular survey to find out who people like in order to make them 1337 uber powerful God Hand worthy rivals! lol!!!

I fucking loathe Griffith but I agree that he was an incredible swordsman...still, you missed the point entirely. Go back & reread my post...*groans & quotes herself directly* "Regardless, he's at least given us the insight to hold him in comparison to Griffith (albeit not on the same level)"

That in no way, shape or form, dictates that he will reach the same level of skill or does he have it now, it merely accentuates a similarity. For there to even be a similarity in the first place, takes ability. End of story.

Anyway, the point was that he has ability. It will be interesting to see, down the line, how that plays out...how he progresses, etc. What you fail to remember is that this is an ongoing saga. Its not like he'll sit on his hands thru the rest of it, not fighting Apostles etc. Guts IS above the average human in ability, but he was not just born that way. Skill takes time. To have any at all is foundation to build upon. If given the means to reach his potential, Serpico stands a chance at becoming a formidable character/fighter in this epic, should Miura decide to utilize him in that way. It has nothing to do w/whether we like him or not lol.

If you need this spelled out any further, someone else will have to do it. Cause now, I'm just plain bored from explaining times 2 haha :stupid:
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Well, the way it looks now, chances are that Silatt will join Griffith, not Guts. I am sure that he admires the badass but he is currently in a boat and far away, while Griffith is near, and more open to new recruits (he already has some Kushans under his wing). And just look at the way Silatt looked at the battlefield when two hawks struck. His silent admiration for Griffith is growing steadily. But again he is one of a few people who actualy saw Griffith's rebirth in the tower and mayhem that preceded it , so maybe he will just see both emperor and Griffith as a bunch of monsters.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Serpico Guts could have killed easily if he was full of killing intention like he was against Silatt.
He never took a swing by the dragonslayer that was for the kill.
Um... go look at the part where they were fighting on the cliff. Guts was definately trying to kill Serpico there, but didn't manage to do it, much like when he fought Silatt. Certainly Serpico isn't truly on Guts level (he's careful never to fight him head on for that reason) but he is quite skillful, and I expect him to continue to improve. It'll be interesting to see how good he eventually gets.
Well, the way it looks now, chances are that Silatt will join Griffith, not Guts. I am sure that he admires the badass but he is currently in a boat and far away, while Griffith is near, and more open to new recruits (he already has some Kushans under his wing). And just look at the way Silatt looked at the battlefield when two hawks struck. His silent admiration for Griffith is growing steadily. But again he is one of a few people who actualy saw Griffith's rebirth in the tower and mayhem that preceded it , so maybe he will just see both emperor and Griffith as a bunch of monsters.
It does look like he's leaning towards Griffith right now, but I hope he doesn't end up joining Griffith. If he does see both sides as being "monsters", and then later sees Guts fighting them (after Guts returns) that might influence him to join up with Guts. We can hope, anyway. The problem I see with that would be what would happen to his people, since most of them (though quite strong) aren't strong enough to hang out with Guts, and Guts doesn't really have the resources to support them anyway. I can't see Silatt abandoning his people, so for him to join Guts, something would have to happen. Maybe the Emperor will betray and slaughter them? Who knows, we'll have to see.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Silatt actually guarded against a swing by the mighty dragonslayer when Guts went for the kill.
um...did he actually have the dragonslayer in a fight against Silatt?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

No. I hadn't remembered that, but it was before the eclipse, so he just had a big sword, not the Dragon Slayer.

Good catch, Chaos.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Silat is definitely loyal to his people, but not necessarily to the Kushan Empire. If he decides to leave, Griffith would be the better option in the long-term, at least from Silat's point of view. Guts is just one man, out for himself and like Istvan said, he doesn't have the resources (or the time... or the care) to support the whole clan. The Hawks are worshipped as saviours, have already recruited Kushan and Griffith is very close to taking the throne of Midland. When that finally happens, Silat and his people will have a place settle. That is, if everything works out as planned.

Libaax: I consider Puck seperate from the merry band, he was there way before the kids started to tag along. Caska too, even though she's a retard.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

I like Silat, and I hope to see more developments from his direction in time to come.

However, with regards to his fights with Guts compared to Serpico, I seem to recall Guts ridiculing him for his circus tricks. Maybe even in the second fight too, though I am not certain on that one.

I make no secret of the fact that I think Serpico is made of awesome sauce. But in terms of pwnage, Guts dealt with both him and Silat relatively evenly. I was lmao when I saw Guts catch those throwing discs of Silat, one with his finger and one with his hilt! I was similarly shivvering with glee when Guts grabbed Serpico's sword on that cliff fight with his only good hand.

Moral of the story: you can't really use Guts as a scale of comparison, EVERYONE gets pwnt by him, lol
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dragonslayer or not a huge sword is impressive in the hands of Guts ;)
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Eldo wrote:I thought it was great how the cochlea was carried out by the arrow intact.
Bwahaha.
I had to go read it again just for this.
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Moral of the story: you can't really use Guts as a scale of comparison, EVERYONE gets pwnt by him, lol
That's certainly true. It's hard to even imagine a human defeating Guts anymore. He's on a completely different level.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Azrael wrote:
Eldo wrote:I thought it was great how the cochlea was carried out by the arrow intact.
Bwahaha.
I had to go read it again just for this.
That whole page is awesome, I am going to color the head, might make it into a Gif It should work with all the different ways those guys bite it, it should look pretty cool IMO.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Horrible coloring.

Not cause the coloring is bad, the pic looked so much better without color.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I like it thats all that matters... the only thing that I would change is the hand and the finger nails looks like he paints them :lol:... and If I wanted your opinion I would have posted it in the appropriate spot so leave me alone

(Note: I am guessing that Libaax is talking about my AV)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha dont take it so personaly i said the coloring wasnt bad.

He looks like a girl even without the finger nails looking painted :lol:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

:LOL:

Anyway new chapter next week any guesses on who we will see then??
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Presumably more of the Hawks, as they continue to turn this battle around. It'll be interesting to see what the rest of Griffith's strategy is, now that he's thrown the Kushan's into disaray.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Prolly win more battles heroicly so he can gain his long lost dream fast.

The thing is though that Raban and co might wonder why he hasnt aged for years. I wonder if they will even react to that.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Raban is likely more concerned with the Kushan and the shit they are causing. He'll pick up on Griffith's condition once the enemy is driven back. Speaking of which, this battle could end the war. Ganishka is weakened and somewhere on the battlefield. If Griffith takes part and performs another miracle victory (and we know he will), then it's game over Kushan... well, for their invasion at least.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I just gotta say

DUH!

I meant when he wins this war,Raban and co will know him and wonder why he looks the same atleast they should wonder.

Kushan is prolly strong but they are fighting an army of monsters, just look what one guy did(arrow girl :wink: ) to them
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I don't suppose they will give a damn about how ghey Griffith still looks once he's the saint that saved the world.
Although Guts might bring that up if he wants to prove that Griffith is not what he seems.

I wonder if the Kushan has something badass to throw in against the neo hawks... :twisted: