New layout & design for EG

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

New layout & design for EG

Post by psi29a »

As I posted earlier on the blog, I'm looking into updating the forums, tracker, and blog into one theme and layout so that going from one to the other is seemless.

If any of you would like to help out, feel free to toss in your 2 cents or prototypes. Please don't be offended, we will be critiquing it here and also don't be offended if we don't pick your design.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I am bad giving ideas :( , but I like the way it is now, oh well nice changes are always welcome. :P
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

EG needs a web design that can be used here in the blog, forums, and the tracker. I can take the prototype (html/css/images/js) and code the rest and tie it all together.

Liquid layout would be awesome, it doesn’t have to be ‘dark’ so long as it works with the overall feel and atmosphere. This also includes banners, logo, images that can be used on all three pages.

The tracker is the triciest part because I have to take the layout and hardcode that inthe the C++ that is the tracker code. :P So if you make special classes via CSS and apply them inline to the links, li, ul, ol.. etc, then I gotta modify the tracker code itself.

Right now the blog, forums, and tracker are all desperate looking, simple, and for the most part clean. I would like to keep simple and clean, but tie it more together with a common theme and layout.

I can do the coding, which isn’t a problem but I’m not a designer nor are we a for profit organization, so no funds other than is necessary to keep this place up and running.

If anyone would like to throw up a prototype and heck, if any of you are interested in doing some manga editing then you are more than welcome to be apart of the EG.
bUlgArIsTA
imanewbie

Post by bUlgArIsTA »

Hello guys,

Since I worked on a layout more or less I want to improve it more and so I seek advice from you.

Actually it's not much of a design, it's more like rework of the present layout.

To make it more thematic I intend to add some elements from EG's dark mangas - Berserk, Blame... Only little pieces of them just to make the site look more evil :). Like a troll's hand or maybe some creepy landscape in the end of the page.

Oh, and there are no images in that layout because I am slow with PS and didn't want to waste time CGing :roll:

Give me opinion and advice please
That was the text I was going to post in new thread...
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Question: When the new layout is in, will we still be able to select the current one as a second option?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

EnglishJim wrote:Question: When the new layout is in, will we still be able to select the current one as a second option?
No, this is a layout decision for the whole site, tracker, forums, and blog. I'm trying to make it all look as one.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Bring back the quick post box thats my only suggestion but all in all I like the feel and the form of this forum :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

I'm late but I'll be interested to see what the current theme is eventually replaced with. Still surprised no one asked why a such a character is in the banner actually.

Happy birthday to the site also, thanks for putting up with EG for so long p.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Woooh, contact me asap please laik :D We have missed you.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Laik wrote:I'm late but I'll be interested to see what the current theme is eventually replaced with. Still surprised no one asked why a such a character is in the banner actually.

Happy birthday to the site also, thanks for putting up with EG for so long p.
Yeah, it would be great if you could hang around, either on IRC or in the forums.

We liked your design on the website, and would love it if you can continue to give ideas and work on it. It needs some revitalisation.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am