Hotel (One Shot)

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Albator
Hikikomori

Hotel (One Shot)

Post by Albator »

Props to the guys at DP, who posted this. Silverado was thanked there, so it should appear here too. It's drawn by Kotonoha, not an author I know but his drawing skills are pretty damn good.
In the year 2272 A.D. Mankind is extinct.
A computer continues to live on in order to complete a mission in a world where all life has gone extinct. This is a record of those 27 million years of its heroic struggle (took it from Mangaupdates, http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5741)

http://mu.devserver.org/index.php?dir=Oneshots/
I say it's really nice for a one shot, an interesting take on how mankind would cope with an environmental disaster.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Damn interesting!
zindryr
imanewbie

Post by zindryr »

Well, figured I lurk around enough, may as well register.

The one shot is actually drawn by Boichi, a Korean artist who has done some work both in Korea and now in Japan. Kotonoha is just the scanlation group.

In either case, if you liked Hotel, there's another one shot by Boichi out, (not in English as of yet, but Kotonoha is currently working on it as far as I know), called Present. Also a cool one shot.

In either case, Hotel is one of the best one shots I've read. Not many manga authors are suited to the whole one shot/short story style, (as a large amount of them are just trying to use the one shot as a jump to a series). But Boichi's Hotel is a complete story that only spans those 40 or so pages. I loved every page of it.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Oups sorry, my bad. Thanks for the heads up.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Pretty cool stuff it would be kind of interesting seeing Hotel as an ongoing thing. but I like it the way it is a one shot :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: