Zodd Theory

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

well there must be a reason SK left the armor, maybe it was too dangerous to use it, but more likely he over-grew it...
now maybe SK had a brand, but after a while being that he is immortal now, he lost his flesh, and therefore the brand too... that could also be the rason he doesn't use the armor no more...
another posibility added to this theory is : maybe it was flora's magic who turned him into a sceleton.

also agree on taht tha Guts would feel no pain from the brand, but he could bleed out and die anyway. and if he wouldn't I don't know if he could turn back human after a fight like that.
ageman555
imanewbie

Zodd and King Gaiseric

Post by ageman555 »

i probly should have posted this on a current topic and someone probly has already had this theory but....(also i cant make a new topic)

i know many people believe that skullknight is king gaiseric. however i think that zodd is actually king gaiseric. before you blow that off as the crappiest theroy ever i have a few arguments.

1. When guts/gatts and everyone is rescuing griffith from the tower in midland it tells the story of the tower and king gaiseric and all that blah blah stuff. when it shows you the torch falling you see that ruins of a city and many many dead corpses with brands on them. i think this shows that the city was not destroyed but sacraficed by king gaiseric. Why? because he likes to fight (zodd) and when he had created a single kingdom there was no war, therefore he sacrifices his kingdom and his mortality to be able to go on fighting forever in the wars that would erupt after the collapse of the unified kingdom.

2. In the story of king gaiseric it tells how he likes to stay in the background of battles. When the eclipse occures skullknight and zodd are fighting once again. He specifically tells skullknight that he does not wish to take part in the eclipse which is an extreamly important part of the story. thus he once agains stays in the background and is not remembered as part of the eclipse(althought most who were at the eclipse who would take notice to zodd are now dead)

3. When guts is bestowed with the berserkers armor and is fighting grunbeld, zodd asks skullknight if guts is going to travel the same path as himself. This leads me to believe that skullknight was branded by zodd in the sacrifice of the city and has already gone through a journy much like guts/gatts. Also it is possible that skullknight is an apostle that became an apostle to oppose and defeat zodd who branded him much like guts/gatts is doing and may do later.

thats all i have for now and if you somehow dont get it email me and can try to explain it better or im me at ageman555 but uh that all the points on this theory i can make at this current time
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well I don't know if anybody already talked about it because...this is 1 YEAR OLD! But I'm pretty sure I've seen stuffs like this before.

Considering your argument, it should have been posted in the stupid theories thread, because, 1- you don't have solid ground to back this up and 2- It is stupid. All your points could be turned down, because they are mainly based on interpretation of translation that might be shacky. If Miura wants something to be clear, he makes it clear.

Actually none of your arguments have solid ground.
Kshatriya
imanewbie

Post by Kshatriya »

Yeah. I think that's a lot of speculation there.
Kshatriya: A protector of lands; one who upholds the codes of honour, bravery and loyalty.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Buzkashi wrote:Thats hard to say. I think Gutts is evenly matched with Zodds human form. But I dont think it will be Gutts who finishes off Zodd. If anyone it has to be Skullknight.
My theory is that Zodd will be done in by Griffith, and give Skull Knight all the more reason to fight, having had his rival and 'friend' of sorts betrayed as such. I think Griffith's power will grow to where it will consume all, friend and foe alike, once they are no longer useful to him. Of course, Guts might put an end to that, but I think Zodd will fall victim to Griffith first. I don't think Guts was ever meant to defeat Zodd either - in a literary sense, he is a figure much like Skull Knight. As such, Skull Knight won't kill him either. Their rivalry is meant to be eternal - only an outside force beyond their power can put an end to it, and convieniently, one exists.

An even more dramatic scenario would be Zodd killing Skull Knight reluctantly (at the orders of Griffith) only to be betrayed and killed after fulfulling his usefulness by his own leader. It would give even more motive for Guts and develop him, as well as martyring both Skull Knight and Zodd, the two eternal rivals. As for Griffith not wanting to destroy one of his assets.. I think it's fully within him to do so once he reaches a more extreme level of power. As intelligent as he is, he isn't immune to the corruption that power can cause. I think this scenario would be very intense, albiet dissapointing in the deaths of two great characters, and I really wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Guts can only really exploit the weakness to kill Zodd if he is the one who does him in, and I really don't think he is the one who will. Plus, give Zodd some credit - he's been slaughtering people for hundreds of years, he wouldn't let the missing horn get in his way. Also, if Griffith in the Golden Age can remove his horn like that with such a thin sword, it really wouldn't make much difference considering Gut's power.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

i know many people believe that skullknight is king gaiseric. however i think that zodd is actually king gaiseric. before you blow that off as the crappiest theroy ever i have a few arguments.
You gave a bunch of (rather weak) arguments for this, but none of them really matter at all. Zodd himself has stated that he is 300 years old and Gaiseric lived much longer ago then that. Thus it is totally impossible for Zodd to have been Gaiseric.
My theory is that Zodd will be done in by Griffith, and give Skull Knight all the more reason to fight, having had his rival and 'friend' of sorts betrayed as such. I think Griffith's power will grow to where it will consume all, friend and foe alike, once they are no longer useful to him. Of course, Guts might put an end to that, but I think Zodd will fall victim to Griffith first. I don't think Guts was ever meant to defeat Zodd either - in a literary sense, he is a figure much like Skull Knight. As such, Skull Knight won't kill him either. Their rivalry is meant to be eternal - only an outside force beyond their power can put an end to it, and convieniently, one exists.

An even more dramatic scenario would be Zodd killing Skull Knight reluctantly (at the orders of Griffith) only to be betrayed and killed after fulfulling his usefulness by his own leader. It would give even more motive for Guts and develop him, as well as martyring both Skull Knight and Zodd, the two eternal rivals. As for Griffith not wanting to destroy one of his assets.. I think it's fully within him to do so once he reaches a more extreme level of power. As intelligent as he is, he isn't immune to the corruption that power can cause. I think this scenario would be very intense, albiet dissapointing in the deaths of two great characters, and I really wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Guts can only really exploit the weakness to kill Zodd if he is the one who does him in, and I really don't think he is the one who will. Plus, give Zodd some credit - he's been slaughtering people for hundreds of years, he wouldn't let the missing horn get in his way. Also, if Griffith in the Golden Age can remove his horn like that with such a thin sword, it really wouldn't make much difference considering Gut's power.
That's just silly. Yes, I fully believe that Griffith is capable of betraying and killing his subordinates (he's already done that, in the eclipse). But he won't do it (especially for one as valuable as Zodd) without a good reason. He's far too intelligent to just go around killing his followers on a whim. Before he killed Zodd he'd have to have a very good reason for doing this, and you haven't given any. Think things out a bit more before you make a theory.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Istvan wrote:

That's just silly. Yes, I fully believe that Griffith is capable of betraying and killing his subordinates (he's already done that, in the eclipse). But he won't do it (especially for one as valuable as Zodd) without a good reason. He's far too intelligent to just go around killing his followers on a whim. Before he killed Zodd he'd have to have a very good reason for doing this, and you haven't given any. Think things out a bit more before you make a theory.
It's thought out plenty for an event that probably wouldn't occur for another year or so of manga. Power corrupts reason, and Miura could easily craft some sort of circumstance to set up such a betrayal by Griffith. Regardless, he doesn't need a reason. Even in the real world there have been individuals who have been corrupted by their power to such an extent that they act impulsively and unreasonably against their subordinates, even their trusted friends. People in positions of power are psychologically vulnerable to paranoia in relation to their stature; it's true in the real world, and a talented writer can express a character down to the psyche and mold what is going on in his head into the characters actions. I think the theory is pretty sound. I can really see Griffith killing Zodd, either because Zodd determines Guts to be stronger and betrays Griffith thusly, or Griffith orders Zodd to kill Skull Knight and he objects or tries to get revenge for making him do it and fails. There could be any number of reasons for the conclusion, but whatever it is, I think Griffith will be the one responsible.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

zodd has a small penis and is jealous of guts. same goes for griffith. the eclipse was just one big penis enlargement surgery
Last edited by MrFelony on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Zodd theory:

He will be beheaded by Guts in vol 35 ;)
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Libaax wrote:He will cause there arent any Apostles that are stronger than Zodd.

Plus with armour who make him more Berserker than usuall there arent Apostles he doesnt think he can take down.

Also He is soo strong now that he cant get much stronger.
I have to disagree. Ever since he was wounded by Slan, he hasn't gained back his old strength. Sure, he's still monstrously stong by human standards, but he suffered quite a bit of muscle wastage from being almost fatally wounded and having to rest (his body actually looks like its getting skinnier in some of the pictures where he has his bandages off, during their recent stay in Vritannis).

I'm hoping that someone at Elfheim can heal his wounds properly so that he can get back to his old arse-kicking self that didn't need to rely on the armour.

Also, I don't think that Zodd dying because he forgot he lost a horn would be befitting of his character. It would be very anti-climactic for Miura to kill off such a strong character (in more than just the literal sense) with something so cheap.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Actually ageman555 does have a point, but of course we cannot say for sure.
Comr to think about it, I don't think I have a reason to believe SK is Gaiseric other than his skull helmet.

Plus: he didn't start a new thread just to get his theory through
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Ha please, this is still going on?

There is already a thread for this. It's called Stupid Theories! It reads on top of the thread list, big and fat. Should we go easy because he's less dumb than dumber? No. Especially considering his argument, I'm still wondering where he has a point.
Kshatriya
imanewbie

Post by Kshatriya »

Since this thread should be dead, I'll ask - when did Gutts get injured by Slan? I don't remember that scene. Was it in the woods with the trolls and whatnot? Does anyone want to post me a manga graphic?
Kshatriya: A protector of lands; one who upholds the codes of honour, bravery and loyalty.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

its been posted before, but he got injured after they rescued casca/farnese from the trolls and guts sent them all away so he could go into berserk mode without the worry of protecting them all. slan appeared in the form of troll guts and talked to guts, he stabs her, SK comes and saves him...yada yada yada.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

...with his new magical vortex plade thing
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

That new blade of Skull Knights is really awesome. I'd like to see him use it on a God's Hand, just to see how effective it would be. Maybe with that Void won't be able to warp space to deflect the blade.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

this was already mentioned ages ago, but yes, that is probably why he forged that blade with his amazing deap throat techniques
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

The horn was not removed during the golden age (Griffith temporally removed zod's arm, if that's what you think), horn was removed in Millennium Falcon arc, Griffith removed Zod's horn in a dream sequence. But all in all Griffith killing Zod is a sound theory, I can tell that.

By the way you told us once that you are a writer or something. Can you post some short stories or something? I am kind of interested to see it.