Angel Sanctuary

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Angel Sanctuary

Post by Rosiel »

I like this manga. Sure its alittle on the femme side but still, it has a real good story and awesome character development. I was wondering if anybody else had read it, if so please post comments. Let the feedback flow!
Under Construction!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ya, I've read it, and I found it damnedly hard to follow in places.

Some of the characters look very similar, and sometimes all you see is an outline and a speech bubble. Plus the mangaka just can't do action scenes.

But that aside I found it had an interesting story and character development.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

kaori yuki is truly talented. but i agree to the comment about her speech bubles and action scenes having problems.

i have been in love with the anime for a long time, and the mangas finally hit the stores a while back. the whole plot, i always found attractive in particular, the fact of the contextual value of it. japan, being known for its strong traditional values, i find it interesting that kaori yuki finds plots always seemingly socialy outgoing. (example: boys next door)

in Angel S, i think the whole incest thing plus the angel rebelling against god was a good idea. if she just used a little more strong lines though....>.< Angel S is a very good anime/manga!!

but in the anime, the very beginning, they cut out one of the main characters in the manga. i honestly cant remember her name, but she was the one with the glasses that was sarah's friend, liked setsuna, went all crazy on everyones ass..u know.. well, i am just always supprised when they decide to cut out characters when making an anime.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Her name was Ruri, I didnt wanna see the movie since its only a movie. Its not long enough to cover the vast story of Angel S. Is it really good though? I would consider it if you guys say its good. :D :D :D
Under Construction!
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

I've read Angel Sanctuary. I liked most of the characters and the art is great. But the action scenes are always confused and the story, except for the incest subject, is not very original : it's obvious Kaori Yuki didn't know the end of her manga before she began to draw it. That's why the last volumes are particularly bad...
Count Cain is said to be good though, I'll try it one day.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah. and about the movie thing, it is actually a few epi. i think 3 or 4 actually. more like an OVA, less of a movie. it had pretty good animation and the score i thought was good as well. it of course cant cover the "vast" storyline that the manga does, but that is understandable, i and would expect it not to anyway. i think it's worth seeing. but most people are partial to whichever one they first see. (manga or anime)

ruri! yeah, sorry, i didnt really like her character, so i forgot. but since the anime only covers until sestuna dies, i thought they would put in such a big character. after all, she does play a pretty big role in the manga, right?

i bought "Ludwig" a while back in japan, but later got the scanlations. it is now one of my kaori yuki favorites. that and "boys next door". i actually got ludwig on accident. i was in a hurry to get out of the store, and i grabbed what i thought was Angel S, but was in fact Ludwig. they were all in the kaori yuki section, so..yeah. anyway, the main point here is; most any kaori yuki will be good to read!!!

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, if you recommend those other mangas then I'll take a look.

I didn't actually feel the later chapters of AS were much worse, they were just somehow not as memorable anymore. If you ask me now how AS ended I totally wouldn't know, even though I finished it maybe four months ago.
Brainpiercing
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah. i think kaori yuki should stick to short stories. she is so good a them.

Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, if you recommend those other mangas then I'll take a look.

I didn't actually feel the later chapters of AS were much worse, they were just somehow not as memorable anymore. If you ask me now how AS ended I totally wouldn't know, even though I finished it maybe four months ago.
So you finished the whole thing? I just read Setsuna going to hell to rescue Kurai from being the bride of Lucifer. She just got saved and saw how much Setsuna really cares for him, and all that jazz. But im curious to know if your as far as me or you read the whole thing.
Under Construction!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I finished it, but as I said, I don't remember much of the later volumes.

By the way you should somehow mark your spoilers, or use black font colour
Brainpiercing
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Brainpiercing wrote:I finished it, but as I said, I don't remember much of the later volumes.

By the way you should somehow mark your spoilers, or use black font colour
opps, i apologize if i spoiled anything for anyone, my bad.
Under Construction!
Hime
imanewbie

Post by Hime »

OMG! I love AS! Kaori Yuki is one my favorite authors. She is so talented! :D :D :D