Left Behind, the video game.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Left Behind, the video game.

Post by psi29a »

It is Grand Theft Auto meets God. Basically you take control of the Tribulation Force to either convert or kill other humans. You are given permission to kill Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Atheist, Secularist, etc if they do not convert to 'Christianity'. Yes, you read that right, if you are Catholic, you are to be shot on site unless you convert to 'Christianity'. What parent in their right mind would say 'No to GTA.' but 'Ok jimmy, we got your Left Behind for Christmas, because it is chalk full of Christian values'. 'Killing is OK so long as it is in the name of Lord'.

I personally think this is the most reprehensible game I've ever seen in my life.

It gets better...

Last edited by psi29a on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Oh, that cant be good.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Wow, this is so incredibly Image

I love it.

EDIT: He blessed his fucking head off! Image
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Its the apocalypse Christian style.

Now just to get the Jewish and Islamic versions of the game and then we will have some real fun.

I might pirate this game for the hell of it.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Game description

Wage a war of apocalyptic proportions in LEFT BEHIND: Eternal Forces - a real-time strategy game based upon the best-selling LEFT BEHIND book series created by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Join the ultimate fight of Good against Evil, commanding Tribulation Forces or the Global Community Peacekeepers, and uncover the truth about the worldwide disappearances!

· Lead the Tribulation Force from the book series , including Rayford, Chloe, Buck and Bruce against Nicolae Carpathia – the AntiChrist.

· Conduct physical & spiritual warfare : using the power of prayer to strengthen your troops in combat and wield modern military weaponry throughout the game world.

· Recover ancient scriptures and witness spectacular Angelic and Demonic activity as a direct consequence of your choices.

· Command your forces through intense battles across a breathtaking, authentic depiction of New York City .

· Control more than 30 units types - from Prayer Warrior and Hellraiser to Spies, Special Forces and Battle Tanks!

· Enjoy a robust single player experience across dozens of New York City maps in Story Mode – fighting in China Town , SoHo , Uptown and more!

· Play multiplayer games as Tribulation Force or the AntiChrist's Global Community Peacekeepers with up to eight players via LAN or over the internet!
Somehow, I don't feel caught up in their enthusiasm..

The Author's of Left Behind (also supporters of this game from what I take it) look like your average joes. Are they really advocating something like this in their works?
Enjoy a robust single player experience across dozens of New York City maps in Story Mode – fighting in China Town
Now that just tears it.
Last edited by Artezul on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Read some of the reviews on this on and an interview with the creator and they wanted to make a game that everyone would like not just the bible thumpers... sounds pretty fun I have read some of the books and also watched the movies and I have got to say it is a pretty interesting foretelling of the end of the world during the "Revelation"
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Letting your children believe it is ok to kill anyone is absolutely wrong. It would be similar to saying that "The Jews are destroying this country, so it is ok to kill them. You would be helping the fatherland."

more examples:

"It is ok to kill Palestinians because they believe in a false god."

"It is ok to kill really anyone who won't convert to Christianity, even if they are catholic."

This is all sorts of more wrong than GTA, or any other game on the market. Parents should be ashamed of themselves for buying this for their children thinking that it is any better than GTA or even sponge bob square pants.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I LOVE IT!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

psi29a wrote:Letting your children believe it is ok to kill anyone is absolutely wrong. It would be similar to saying that "The Jews are destroying this country, so it is ok to kill them. You would be helping the fatherland."

more examples:

"It is ok to kill Palestinians because they believe in a false god."

"It is ok to kill really anyone who won't convert to Christianity, even if they are catholic."

This is all sorts of more wrong than GTA, or any other game on the market. Parents should be ashamed of themselves for buying this for their children thinking that it is any better than GTA or even sponge bob square pants.

Jesus christ......

Something tells me this games sales alot.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It'd be even more amusing if the game turned out to be a decent RTS.. almost funny.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It could be a wonderful game to play, sure. My only (and quite big) gripe is that it is being rated by the ESRB to be as violent as GTA, yet the parents are refusing to buy GTA, and are willing to by their 12 year olds this one.

This should prove that the ESRB and the game makers are not to blame, it is parents yet again who make bone headed mistakes but this time do so because their pastors or their other Christian friends tell them that it is the only 'safe game' for their children to play.

Ars did a review of it today, and here is an interesting picture to show you what they are selling along with the game.

There are some creepy things going on here, such as the conversion of people on the street who are sent to the camp you just built to turn them into soldiers. Given the current political climate, I thought that was a questionable design decision. It certainly made me uncomfortable to turn someone into a good Christian simply to give them a gun.

Then there's the idea of the Rapture and Great Tribulation (which many Christians view differently than the game's creators). If you have younger kids, I could easily see them becoming upset at the idea that God may take one of their parents and not the other, or that one day they might disappear and leave people behind. I can see teenagers mentally putting people into "Rapture-ready" and "Going to be stuck on Earth," groups. Using the idea of the Rapture to give people ammunition to shove non-religious people aside could end badly, and this isn't a game that I would allow my kids to play for that reason.

While the presentation is classy and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it, it is trying to get you on what the designers consider to be the "right path in life." Whether or not you agree with this is your business, but the game does have a strong agenda behind it. Be aware of this as you play.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

i've been lurking in this thread and this game just exemplifies whats going on that is truly wrong in america... i'm glad by the time that most of the effects of this current ruling generation are truly felt, i'll have been long since dead
Bow to Golbez
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The devil found his way into this game :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: