Berserk Chapter: 279

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We don't do Berserk volumes (tanks). We started doing chapter releases beginning around 227 and you can get them here from EG's Tracker .

So I suggest that you wait till Dark Horse releases the volumes or tolerate the Hawk's earlier work.

Still no word on Berserk from Young Animal.

As for picking on you, most of us here have bought DH's volumes and have read the translations (not scanlations) provided by skullknight.net prior to EG starting it's own translation work. I can't speak for everyone here, but EG even pays for the Young Animal we receive and that makes us look down on those who leech, and do not contribute back to DH and specifically Miura.

We are more inclined to help those who pay for their volume's of DH. What is the point of being fans, if you don't support your mangaka?

Take a little more time and be thoughtful in your approach to people and groups. It is like going up to the Habitat for Humanity and asking them to build you a house, even though you already have one.

There is also a bit of self-righteousness because this group/site/software/hardware doesn't exist in a vacuum. Someone has to pay for it, so instead of leeching why not help out and contribute.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Well said,

Also Christmas / Holiday season is right around the corner.

Manga novels make great stocking stuffers.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Yes they are and I might not be getting any Berserk manga (because I have them all :twisted: ) but I am getting Japan and King of Wolves oh and some Star Wars manga :lol: But anyway here is something I found on SK.net though someone might like to have a look... maybe even translate :cool:

REVIEW 1 GUTS
http://yuanhuang.vip.ccsou.com//UploadFile/REVIEW01.zip
REVIEW 2 GRIFFITH
http://yuanhuang.vip.ccsou.com//UploadFile/REVIEW02.zip
REVIEW 3 CASCA
http://yuanhuang.vip.ccsou.com//UploadFile/REVIEW03.zip
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I have to admit that I never had bough a vol of Berserk ( but I bough the two games ) I hope that help the cause at least a little , Berserk manga is impossible ( as far as I know) to find in my country ( I know that in Spain they are close to the Japanese volumes, 29 volumes has been translated ) but that's in Spain , but whenever I got to see one volume here I will buy as soon as I can .
Btw Sion check your PMs , I guess that would help you .

EG quality is above Hawks works .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sion wrote:By original i meaned the japanese volumes. But i don't understand japanese so that is why i do not see a point in buying it. There's a reason in Dark Horse that is certain. But Where's other over a half?

It is sad you guys are so nasty making fun of me, cause you download the scans as well. So there's no difference between us. Well maybe the fact that you started collecting a bit earlier which makes you so proud and picking on me.

Anyway i appriciate trans team great work.
The difference is that I didn't ask where I can download 1-30 of Berserk like a complete moron and that I actually own volumes. And yes, it's written in the FAQ to not ask for volumes. And proud that I flamed you? Not really, it's fun.

It's a damn shame I treat the hard copies like shit, the covers are all torn. It breaks my heart. I was a kid when I first had them, it's in worse than bad condition right now. It's still better than reading scans off computer, my eyes get tired.

Additionally, this Friday is when YA comes out, and since it always gives a preview of the next issue with the current, I'll check the website for any blessed news.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Eldo wrote:I was a kid when I first had them
At the light of this reveleation, I now understand why Eldo grew up that way.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Reading Berserk is probably good for a child's development. Kindergarden though third grade classes around the world ought to start replacing books about "see Spot run" with Berserk manga. Berserk ought to be read to young children as bedtime stories. In every way, Berserk exposure should be maximized. This would help the youth of tomorrow become better individuals.

Also, here's hoping that we get good news this friday.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Istvan wrote:replacing books about "see Spot run" with Berserk manga.
"See blood flow"
"See demon rape"
"See Guts rage"
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Damn, i was gone for a while and was hoping to have some chapters pile up for me to read. Oh well, guess it's time for a reread. :?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thats what I am doing... I was thinking of starting a Triva thread but I think we had one of those and its been dead for a while... It might be time for a necro :twisted:
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Yea, let's relive the glory days.
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:EG quality is above Hawks works .
Quoted for Truth.

I don't own any of the DH releases yet, but I only started reading about two months ago, and I'm kinda poor at the moment. Soon as I get enough spare cash to sling around a couple hundred bucks, I'll start buying them a couple at a time. And Sion, the reason people are smacking you down like a n00b (and with good reason) is because you didn't read the FAQ, posted a rather moronic question, and have generally acted in such a confrontational and offensive manner that you practically asked to be literarelly punched in the face.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

No Berserk today or in the next issue, to be released on the 22nd of December, and released as issue 1 of 2007. It doesn't seem like it'll be released by this year at all.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

ImageImage
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Doh!!! I hope nothing has happened, I really want this Manga to be an epic and not a let down :(
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Eldo wrote:No Berserk today or in the next issue, to be released on the 22nd of December, and released as issue 1 of 2007. It doesn't seem like it'll be released by this year at all.
Aw, :(
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

I'm hoping that Miura was on a vacation.

Now just to wait till the release is out...
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, we'll survive the wait...I hope...probably...if it's not too long...

Boy I hope it's not too long till the next chapter (next month, please), withdrawel is starting to set in.
Ash J. Williams
imanewbie

Post by Ash J. Williams »

Indeed. I dont know how many more times I can re-read the series in order to get my Berserk fix.

Here's hoping the wait wont be too much longer.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Who knows....with all the classic anime revampings going on (Hellsing and Guyver I know about) perhaps they'll go after berserk too. I'm loving the animation in the said examples so I wouldn't mind that in the least. Well, here's to hoping for something soon...even though I don't think it will matter...epic? peh..good luck. I'm just here to see its end, that's all I owe it. **puff** :smoken:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

A Berserk anime remake? I'd love one. Though they need to wait 'til enough of the story has developed for the ending to be conclusive. No more cliffhangers! :evil:
Eldo wrote:No Berserk today or in the next issue, to be released on the 22nd of December, and released as issue 1 of 2007. It doesn't seem like it'll be released by this year at all.

:( ... :x ... :evil:
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

well if they do it like the Ultimate Hellsing episodes they take like months in between each episode although they're like an hour long. I burned the two hellsing ultimate eps that are out to disk so I can't check on exact length.. but you get the idea.

Anyway yes... a Ultimate Berserk release would be amazing. Especially if they went through and did it like Hellsing is being done. almost totally faithful to the manga... would make it worth rewatching those early chapters we've seen and read a thousand times.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

That would be really awesome. Sadly so far there's nothing to indicate that the author has any interest in such. Oh well. We can always hope, I suppose, while we're waiting for the next chapter.
Ichise Asura
imanewbie

Post by Ichise Asura »

i would be happy if at least i know which month and day the next chapter is release...
lol i wouldn't want to see berserk remake on anime....i think they are already turning ultimate hellsing into a crap not the quality but..oh well something nobody would care unless you think like me (well at least 1 dvd/hour each year its better than the rest of crappy anime we have each week like naruto and bleach with the animation going worse and worse)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

The Berserk anime is prefect the way it is. There is no way to really improve on it enough to warrant another go around, and they will never make another season. The sooner we all realize this, the better off we will all be. The ending was made the way it was because the anime itself is kind of like one big plug for the manga, not to mention all the crap they left out of it. Don't ruin a good thing by making changes just because you can. Just look at what happened to Star Wars.
ImageImage