Blood+

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, Hagi thawed a bit towards Riku initially, then obviously after Riku's death he would take a step back. However, I still think he's inclined to work with people, and doesn't want to stay as isolated as Saya.

And you have to remember, guys. Hagi has been running around completely unchanged for a while. After a certain age a character does not change so easily. Saya with her lapses of memory can change, but Hagi remembers everything. His character development has been consistent so far, although I would have also wished for more changes for the rest of them.
Yeah you´re maybe right, if Hagi started talking and acting like a normal guy that would kill his character, he´s a little more open with people though, he even tried to help David with his booze problem.
He does get a couple of episodes were we see where he was in the past or what he liked to do when he was alone but that´s about it, there´s is really not much to him expect being Saya´s bodyguard and since his replacement died, he doesn´t have a choice.
What i don´t get is why he doesn´t change into a full chiroptean when an enemy chevalier does the same, he even tries to avoid doing it right before he´s killed over and over again.
basically the charactera are the same, assertive kai girlfriend wannabe and reporter guy are still the assertive kai girlfriend wannabe and reporter guy.
True, but they do openly work with Red Shield now.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Deathbringer wrote:
basically the charactera are the same, assertive kai girlfriend wannabe and reporter guy are still the assertive kai girlfriend wannabe and reporter guy.
True, but they do openly work with Red Shield now.
yea, you got me there.
=)

another thing that bugs me is that both diva and saya can create an endless supply of chievalliers. so whats stopping them?
and why does saya consciously let diva have more chievalliers when she can easily even the odds?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It's the whole point of being a good guy. Who would she turn into a chevalier? I would imagine David could be brought to a point where he's desperate enough to try it, but even so, he'll be weaker. And then, who else would she change? Just someone? I don't think so. The chevaliers don't lose their personality, they just have to follow the call of their "mother".

Also, the chevaliers seemingly are loyal only to their "mother", and not necessarily to each other. If you create endless hordes of them, they will start too much quarrelling. Diva is a doll anyway, she seems to just do what Amshel wants, except seek enjoyment. Amshel wouldn't want more competition.

It's much simpler (more controllable, really, not simpler) to just create dumb chiroptera and those programmed zombie soldiers. So basically the story makes sense in that respect.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

yea from a storytelling point of view, you cannot just change anyone. i am sure there will be people out in the world where diva has screwed up their lives or killed their loved ones and want revenge bad enough.
of course, this is just a 'what if' scenario.

realistically, saya has got this fanastical power and i am a bit peeved she didnt use it to to full potential. she chose to skulk and whine instead.

two things:
1. chevaliers are compelled heed the bidding of their mother anyways, so control or competition is not really an issue. the way i see it is that carl became more uncontrollable so amshel had to get rid of him to protect the diva. not because carl was viewed as a stronger competition. carl was crazy evil, not scheming evil.
2. i think diva is more scheming evil than we would like to think of her. the playful sadist streak we see is what she wants us to see of her. amshel is just a zealous drone for his queen. i dont think he is the one scheming and controlling diva instead the other way.
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

one thing that bothers me is that hagi cannot compare w/ any of diva's chevaliers.
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hagi initially even had trouble fighting off the common mouse-type chiroptera. But I believe that was for story purposes only, because if he had been too strong initially, then there would have been no tension in the show whatsoever.

I think the full chiroptera form will be reserved for some sort of final fight.
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hagi initially even had trouble fighting off the common mouse-type chiroptera.
I don´t agree, Hagi wanted Saya to remember by her the past by her own and that included killing the mouses by herself, he never killed the most of them because he did´t wanted to, although the ones on the russian train were giving him a hard time, maybe because they were made by Amshell.
I think the full chiroptera form will be reserved for some sort of final fight.
Probably. :?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ep. 39 and 40 have been released by "Your Mom" fansubs. They are better than the Black Lagoon they did, too, although I would have wished for a better translation on the Goldsmith's festival dialogue scene, since that is very poignant, and in subs didn't come across properly. This is also the first time I've noticed how good the soundtrack is, the show seems to be maturing even further.

And there's a scene in the new op of Haji spreading wings and flying :).
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Damn the singer in the opening has a high voice, and the ending sucks balls.

I´m starting to like [Your-Mom] fansubs alot, i seriously laughed at the shower scene and the loli reference.
although I would have wished for a better translation on the Goldsmith's festival dialogue scene, since that is very poignant, and in subs didn't come across properly.
Yeah, i can see what you mean, what should have been a clever and pressing conversation turned out to be some swap of random sentences, it was that bad though.
And finally Solomon revelead his infatuation for Saya and wasn´t killed for it,i expected an all out on him, but they seemed to let him leave on friendly terms, what may happen because of this event should be big.

Oh, and Joe is alive, whould would have thought? Didn´t he get alot of Saya´s blood?
And there's a scene in the new op of Haji spreading wings and flying Smile.
So he has a full form! Question is why doesn´t he use it?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Deathbringer wrote: Oh, and Joe is alive, whould would have thought? Didn´t he get alot of Saya´s blood?
I think you mean James, but nevermind. Yeah, I thought that was a little strange. He definitely bought it and shattered, earlier, but anime always has had that problem, bringing dead people back to life for the sake of the story - or some producer's whim.

I think the question of Haji using his full form is one of his staying human. He probably doesn't want to use it.

A much more important question is where he got the invincibility formula for his clothes. Noone taylors those clothes anymore, but he still always gets a new suit, and we never see him sewing it himself....

Oh, and shinsen caught up and even surpassed YOUR MOM, they have 41 and 42 out, too.
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

after 42... suddenly i am excited again about the series! the plot is going places now.

the new opening sounds a LOT like luffy's singing it.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Your mom fansubs are rated 4/10 ya know. I would rather stay away from that low of quality. Lastnight I watched ep 38 good episode can't wait to see the new opening?

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Shinsen are up to 42, and Your Mom up to 44. If the target is 50 eps, the finale will be coming soon.

I must also, say, I'm still expecting more main characters to die before the end. And I still don't know how Saya can be able to defeat anyone, if she's so weak again.
Brainpiercing
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

47 by your mom.

Saya is getting weaker and weaker and still has no plan. Other than that an interesting ep.
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Saw ep 48 and hell is breaking loose, the whole world is starting to be infested by Chiroptean and i can´t see how will the cast make this one through, Saya´s getting a small boost though.

And is it me or did Nathan implied to Amshel that he was SAYA´s (Saya and Diva´s mother) chevalier? Looking back he turned from a fruity looking cowboy who only wanted to see Diva sing to this calculated watcher who´s waiting for something to happen, he even lectures Amshel, the so-called leader.
Whatever that something is, it started with the duel between Diva and Saya.

Edit: Second OST is almost out. :)
Last edited by Deathbringer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I rather thought Amshel was the mother's chevalier. He was definitely the first. He's also the most illoyal to Diva, and is the only one who actually bosses her around.

I still don't see how Saya will have a chance in the coming fight. She's so ridiculously weak. I also didn't see her receiving much of a boost. She needs BLOOD, and masses of it, to reach Diva's level. It's going to be one lucked out fight again, I'm sure, or some sort of deus ex machina must appear.

Or Haji is MUCH stronger than what he showed so far.
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Brainpiercing wrote:I rather thought Amshel was the mother's chevalier. He was definitely the first. He's also the most illoyal to Diva, and is the only one who actually bosses her around.
He was the first chevalier of Diva, that´s for certain but he couldn´t be SAYA´s because he was human at the time, it´s true that he loves her like your normal zealous chevalier but in this last episode he seemed confused of what to do with her once her children are born, he also sees her as an experiment, that is one of the reasons why Nathan was so angry at him, he seemed to noticed that only now.

As i said Nathan is behaving like a watcher, he freed Solomon just to see how he´d turn out as Saya´s chevalier, i´m getting friggin curious about him now.
I still don't see how Saya will have a chance in the coming fight. She's so ridiculously weak. I also didn't see her receiving much of a boost. She needs BLOOD, and masses of it, to reach Diva's level. It's going to be one lucked out fight again, I'm sure, or some sort of deus ex machina must appear.
Frankly, i have no idea how will she pull it off, Diva looks stronger than all her chevaliers (Not sure about Amshell or Nathan), it´s going to be either one of the stuff you said.
Or Haji is MUCH stronger than what he showed so far.
Well, a few episodes back (The soap opera episode with Solomon) Hagi said that he was delibeleraty holding his power back because he scared Saya.....a simple, blind and even idiotic reason true to Hagi´s character.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, Diva has got to be strong to take out Solomon so easily, and Solomon was always confident, and seemed more powerful than Haji.

Well, I can't say this guessing game isn't keeping it interesting, I just hope the designers have actualy put some thought into the end they envisioned.

Or maybe Diva will win? :twisted:
Brainpiercing
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Brainpiercing wrote: I just hope the designers have actualy put some thought into the end they envisioned.
Just to quote myself for once: I'm not sure they did. Oh well. I'm not saying it's unsatisfying, it's just one hell of an anticlimax, and really unspectacular.

49 is out. Now one more ep of lovey-dovey I guess.
Brainpiercing
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

This series was OK, JUST OK!!! I didn't really like the ending all that much I wish it was longer somewhat...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

As usual, the buildup was too much for that ending. Even though they took two eps to conclude everything, it should have been more spectacular for all that buildup. I didn't mind the end in Okinawa, I thought that was nicely done, but the end of the fighting was stupid.

And why the hell was Diva suddenly just as weak as Saya? She took apart Solomon without problems, and Saya could never even touch him. I don't get it.

So yeah, the end was subpar, and I have to say I'm getting used to it with anime shows.

You don't get Cowboy Bebop anymore.

PS: Thank you Damien for giving me the chance to post that without talking to myself all the time!!
Brainpiercing
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

so i finally saw blood+ a few months ago. i got to around ep 25 when my sister made convinced me that people DO need to sleep sometime...

i didnt like it much at all. i love blood the last vampire and the comic, but man, the bad ass-ness of says is LOST and she is just some stupid shojo school girl. the style isnt really all that uniqueor interesting, name with the music. its not bad really, but i dont like how says is ruined. i mean, they maneged to keep saya as cool from the movie to the comic, why not to the anime as well?

i also think i stopped watching it at a very exiting part? so maybe ill like it more as the series goes on. if i can find the time, i'd like to finish it.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Finally watched the last 2 episodes, had some computer issues that stoped me from watching anime for a couple of weeks, i´ll post my thoughts later.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

site not working
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

I'm on episode 16 or so, I think. And I agree; the movie was far better. Saya just doesn't seem as... cool in the anime. Nor are the chiroptera as compelling - I mean, c'mon? An enemy that can only be killed when it comes into contact with one specific person's blood? That's just rediculous.

Not that having to cause them to lose massive amounts of blood from one blow isn't rediculous, but it sure looks a helluva lot cooler, and can't be used as a crappy cheap plot device. I mean, I'm as much of a sucker for innate, inborn power for my heros as anyone else, but there is a limit.

Regardless, I'll prolly finish it in the next week or so anyways, just because.