French so rude, they drive the Japanese crazy

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

France is the most visited country in the world, with over 75 million tourists a year.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Starnum wrote:France? No thanks, it's pretty far down on my list of places to visit over seas. Well, it's not that far, but there are a handful of places I'd rather go first. *shrugs*
I'm going to take a wild guess......Japan
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Is Buz psychic? Or did we see this coming? Find out in the next Starnum post... Dun Dun Dun! [que dramatic music]
Bow to Golbez
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

France? As a kid I went there with my school and they tried to give us snails and frog legs. Disgusting. It is true that Paris has some amazing architecture, but there's a better piece of French work right there in New York.

And what's all this about North Europeans being complete assholes. I live...wait...no, your right.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Its not really the north europeans, I'm from north Europe (not france), and yes I must say that french people are impolite chauvinists. Some countries in north Europe are very friendly, like the Netherlands and Belgium.

btw, its legal to have Hasj and Weed in the netherlands, so the people must be friendly
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

People in the Netherlands are very nice; I spent a little over a week there a couple weeks ago. I haven't been to France, but the reports I've heard from friends are that the French tend to be arrogant, rude, and generally not-nice towards tourists. On the other hand, the entirety of Scandinavia, while a bit close-mouthed, couldn't be more helpful. They all happen to speak near-perfect English as well, and don't mind speaking it in the slightest.

The real problem is likely that Japan is so insular and xenophobic that when they visit another culture, it's a much greater shock than it is for, say, an American tourist.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Why would anyone wanna leave America in the first place?
Preparing for future draft burning? Looking for a new house in a non combative location like france? Commies!
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:Looking for a new house in a non combative location like france? Commies!
Quoted for truth.