Ch 252

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think even Guts would do something as dangreous as that from the start. He will ask nicely first then when they say no they are screwd:)

Guts caring about people is good and bad. Guts was cool when he didnt care about anyone i mean he let people he could have saved die in the beggining of the manga cause it was none of his buissnes(sp?). I t was good cause it made the manga feel more dark that innocent people died.

Its bad cause you know now that nobody around him will die when he is around.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I miss Gatts old personality to be honest.
I liked how he just used to kill and talk later.. or just kill and laugh. I'll never forget that scene where he was stabbing the Count in the face and laughing his ass off in front of the Count's daughter.
That was the exact moment I knew that Berserk was the best thing ever.

I have become increasingly annoyed with the ammount of time Gatts is getting in the spotlight.
I mean, its all good and I know it takes time but its like every morning and every night I am thinking of what happens and stuff. I know it all adds to storyline but you must admit there has been a serious lack of action lately. Not to mention Miura has been taking his time.
This will no doubt lead to something great though.
I would afterall rather Muira do 1/4 page a year then him scrap berserk.
Also, I have heard talks of Berserk anime series 2.
I can't say I believe this pretty active rumour whilst taking into consideration how much was cut out in the anime.
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

In one frame, Rodrik actually reminds me of the snake apostle from the first episode of the series.

I highly doubt that he's actually an apostle, but I'm sure he'll have Band of the Hawk credentials by the end of the chapter.
Deserve victory.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Shade wrote:I miss Gatts old personality to be honest.
I liked how he just used to kill and talk later.. or just kill and laugh. I'll never forget that scene where he was stabbing the Count in the face and laughing his ass off in front of the Count's daughter.
That was the exact moment I knew that Berserk was the best thing ever.

I have become increasingly annoyed with the ammount of time Gatts is getting in the spotlight.
I mean, its all good and I know it takes time but its like every morning and every night I am thinking of what happens and stuff. I know it all adds to storyline but you must admit there has been a serious lack of action lately. Not to mention Miura has been taking his time.
This will no doubt lead to something great though.
I would afterall rather Muira do 1/4 page a year then him scrap berserk.
Also, I have heard talks of Berserk anime series 2.
I can't say I believe this pretty active rumour whilst taking into consideration how much was cut out in the anime.
Yeah its been way too long since Guts was in battle and used his skill to go berserk and im not talking about the armour. Also his last fight who were against the crocodiles wasnt exactly his best fight so i really hope there will be a big battle soon so that he will have to give his all to survive like he use to.

This chapter was a good step toward that battle since he will have to get Farnese back with force and you know something big is gonna happen in this town soon.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah something big is going to happen, cause you see the vision of the desturcted city a good half a dozen chapters ago. But I still don't know how much they will be involved. Thinking they my jsut be a side part of it. I don't think it will be too forceful wiht taking back farnese. I don't think Guts wants to stir up to mcuh trouble. I think he jsut wants to get her and Scorpico and get on a ship and get out.

And we all miss old Guts to some extent, but if it was just like that still the story woudl not be as good, and it woudl not be the greatness that it is today. For all we know Guts may go back down that route again. Who knows. Let Miura go where he is going, I think he has some big plans in the future, and he is just setting it all up. And that is what we are in the middle of.

What I hated more was the series of chapters after Griffith was back and it involved no Guts and only showed Griffith's rise back to power and stuff. That I liked less, just cause it had no Guts and none of the current group who I like better than the new Band of the Hawk.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think Magnifico and Rodrik will let Farnese go without a big battle,she apprently means a lot to their goal what ever it is.

And if Rodrik is an apostle then Guts have a big problem.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I for some reason doubt he is an apostle, but if he is then rub it in. But I don't really feel like he is. And though yoiu say they won't let her go without a fight, all they could do was summon the guards, who I think Isidro could handle on his own. And nobles are pussies. Remember when the guy tried to start something with Guts when he was injured after the fight with Zodd, and Guts just turned and looked at him and the guy shrunk back wiht fear. I believe that both Magnifico and Rodrik would shrink back in fear if Guts looked at them with intent to fight.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I think hes in cahoots with Griffith. If he marries Farnese he will have more influence with her family and the city wouldnt be able to put up much of a fight against griffith. However if she runs away it could be a big battle which will cause a destruction. Well thats my two cents.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Just to let you know the City is a Midland city I think. Kushan woudl be the enemy in this case. Why attack a city that you already have control over. But that is just my two cents.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well I didnt know that. So you can have your two cents back.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Woohoo. I am two cents richer.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Fool those were fake explosive 2 cents that dig into your skin, and after that they affect your mind so that you think your still hodling the 2 cents. They will self destruct on my command . MUWHAHAHAHAAH
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Marrying in to nobility sounds like Griffith to me.

Also they are rich family why wouldnt they have a couple 100 men guarding the castle.

Every castle in the manga have had many guards and De Vendamon seems like they are important family. So i think that Guts might have killing 100 men night again.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well that will be worth while. I was mainly thinking he woudl go in and then take, her and hten the fight woudl begin. And hopefully Serpico woudl join in, because I think he could handle 100 men. He may not be the power house like Guts, but he remeinds me a ton of Griffith, look like a pussy, but is extremly fast and an amazing figther.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Correction, Griffith did not look like a pussy. He looked like a woman. Serpico looks like a pussy, Griffith did not.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Griffith still looked weak to me, but Serpico looks more like a pussy than Griffith did. But not as much like a woman. So using that logic they are equal figthers. :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I wouldnt go that far. However with his faggy wind powers I'd say Serpico surpasses the human Griffith of old.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well the last part of my last comment was joking around. That is the type of logic people of old use to use. Like if she floats she is a witch and we kill her, but if she does not float, well oops.

I was forgetting about the wind cloak thing. But I think him and griffith woudl be a cool fight. It woudl be fast paced and alot of parrying and dodging. Would make for an intersting fight. But all this still falling into the human griffith form. But I am not sure without the wind stuff if he would have a chance. With it though he is alot better, range attack helps alot.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

LMAO! You guys are a riot, but I have to interject...

Faggy wind powers? Hrmm, ok, maybe 'wind' powers IS a bit faggy for him to be wielding, but really! Give him due credit! He's not HALF as pussy-ish as Griffith was...seriously...this comes from a woman (I know pussy better than any of you, by default, roflmao).

Serpico is indeed a power to be reckoned with. I too would love to see him fight Femtogriff (my pet name for the uber ass). But really, to call him more pussyfied is uncalled for...he's much much more manly than Griff' ever appeared to be (throughout the anime, when Griff' was onscreen, I found myself wondering if Charlotte was to be considered a lesbian for falling for him. He was TOO pretty to even be considered a 'bishounen'. He's more like...hmm, shit, I'm STILL confused!! If I wasn't assured by the story, that he's a man, I wouldn't believe it...some part of me, still doesn't! lmao...But I don't have that confusion when it comes to Serpico! lol) & as far as his combat abilities go, he's not very far off...I remember, when he faced off against Guts I thought, wow this guy is either A) an utterly clueless dipshit or B)A ballsy badass....yep, he was B...Recall how efficient a fighter he is...resourceful, tactical, agile...able. For Guts to comment on this, should pretty much sum it up...No Pussy label for Serpico!!!

...I would guesstimate, that IF the Vandimions' only line of defense is 100 armed guardsmen, or some shit, that Serpico, defending Farnese's decision to remain, would be the only real opposition that Guts would be dealt (unless, of course, some Hawks or Kushans or some other jackasses decided to drop in out of the blue). But Farnese will probably be so enamoured by the fact that they came for her, that she'll come to her senses, realize she has a worth & agree to go...peacefully. So hopefully, dear, dear Serpico, won't have to get bruised, agh.

On a side note, the similarities between he & Griff' bother me, deep down...especially the way he gives the 'eye' when shit is serious...you KNOW shit is about to hit the fan. That lil' expression always creeps me out...reminds me too much of Griff' scheming in the Original Hawks era...yeah lol

Despite the fact that yes, Guts HAS changed from the kill now, question later, youth we all came to love...I think its enriching to the storyline. Its always good to see further development, especially in a 'badass' character. I trust Miura utterly, so even if it has been a bit slow, its still been a pure joygasm to experience & I personally, wouldn't have it any other way :) Besides, this 'mature' Guts is pretty fuckin hot in some...protective manly, type way or another...tee hee :oops:

Bah. Still just waiting for the chapter when Femtogriff is found whoring on a Kushan streetcorner, in one of Charlotte's ballgowns, singing "I'm just a girl who can't say no" & looking for a sugardaddy to "pay for his army's toys" *coughs...lies!...coughs*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...For Arresty's viewing pleasure :) ]

Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1:Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!
Last edited by Starlore on Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Starlore wrote:this comes from a woman (I know pussy better than any of you, by default, roflmao).
Juz because u have it, doesn't mean u know it best - of course, I am always here to help u get better aquainted :D

As for Guts, although he might not go a berserkin with humans (waste of precious energy reserved for taking down apostles and Godhand) - remember! Guts has ninja training! He'll sneak in and out, juz like that time with Yurius!
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Hmm... NINJ4 if you remember correctly he only snuck in with Yurius. He kinda slaughtered his way out. He isn't the most stealthy. But on the way in I will admit he did a really good job. Way out was well a slaughterfest.

Now Starlore. I don't deny Serpico's fighting abiliies, but he is still a pussy. His peronality and attitude are that of a pussy. He can fight but he still acts like a pussy. Now I was saying griffith was more girly and he was more of a pussy. When I watched the anime I don't think I figured out what sex he was till a few epsiodes in. But though he was feminine his attitude and everything was not that of a pussy. Serpico has the attitude of a pussy.

On another note. I agree with you when you mention there similiaritied. When I first saw him fight guts I was like his he the reincarnation of Griffith. Fights very intelligently, and everything is calclated in just like Griffith. Plus his styloe and technique are just like griffith. He is one hell of an opponant to deal with. He could never take Guts in a million years on a level playing field, but in the sitation like on the cliff, where he uses some tactic to screw him he may have a chance against Guts. Now as for Griffith it woudl be an awsome awsome fight to see, but obviosly pre-femto Griffith.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

NINJ4 wrote:
Starlore wrote:this comes from a woman (I know pussy better than any of you, by default, roflmao).
Juz because u have it, doesn't mean u know it best - of course, I am always here to help u get better aquainted :D

As for Guts, although he might not go a berserkin with humans (waste of precious energy reserved for taking down apostles and Godhand) - remember! Guts has ninja training! He'll sneak in and out, juz like that time with Yurius!
LOL!!!!!!!! bravo! Well said Ninj' ;)...Now that's REAL ULTIMATE NINJA POWER!! ??? er....(yeah, if you didn't believe I was a net geek before...yeah, now all doubt should be removed >.< )

Hey, I never claimed -how- I know...just that inate sorta, bodily knowledge...er, not the knowledge that comes from 'experience'...pervs...bah!! Into the sink of hot, soapy water, goes your mind! (no worries, mine's been there so many fuckin' times...sometimes, I think & suds trickle out my nose, LOL)

Arresty!!?...Hmph! *folds her arms across her chest defiantly* I still see no pussyness about Serpico's attitude! I mean, so what if he's generally well mannered, sensitive & otherwise!! That doesn't make him a pussy in my book! Your book is marred w/jealous...biased-ness, I say!! *falls into a obviously mocking, french accent* "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!" (Just goofing off hun, no offense meant :) I promise hehe )
Last edited by Starlore on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

NINJ4 wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call it sneaking out. He seemed to be causing quite a ruckus on his way out the door.

I don't see much reason for Serpico to fight Guts. Farnese only seemed to agree to the engagement because it meant a ship for everyone else to use. If they tell her that they would rather have her with them then a ship, I'm assuming she would be quite willing to join back up with them.

No one can tame her heart (except me if all goes according to plan)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think they will just decide to steal a ship, if they can't get one legally. I mean who is to stop them. Guts is the type he coudl scare a pussy captain into taking them where they want to go. I mean if you were some pussy captain and you saw him come up to you what would you do. Come on.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Trant wrote: I wouldn't exactly call it sneaking out. He seemed to be causing quite a ruckus on his way out the door.

I don't see much reason for Serpico to fight Guts. Farnese only seemed to agree to the engagement because it meant a ship for everyone else to use. If they tell her that they would rather have her with them then a ship, I'm assuming she would be quite willing to join back up with them.

No one can tame her heart (except me if all goes according to plan)
Yeah, true enough. I laughed my ass off watching that 'uber stealthly' Guts action...but then, I'm a sick bitch....

....Well, I did feel bad for Yurius' son...poor kid. Wrong place. Wrong time. Actually, I think I felt for Guts too on that. Sure he was hardass, no remorse, killer type...but the aspect that Yurius' son, had to remind him a bit of himself...yeah.

Trant, you can have Farnese...all yours...though, what you'd want w/a worthless wench like that, I don't---Oooooooh *slaps forehead* I see now...lol!! Just, save me some Serpico. Haven't had dessert yet tonight ;) mrroww!