New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Dark_Nemesis
imanewbie

Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Geez, I am outa here.....
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:Geez, I am outa here.....
Fine with me.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:Geez, I am outa here.....
Good riddance.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

He got what he wanted from my reply. He registered at May and out of the blue, decided to post now because Berserk hasn't been out for over a couple of weeks. Now that I told him about the 'release date', he extracted information from my post that he needed, so this forum has lost its worth to him. He 'left' because he couldn't be bothered to follow some simple rules. Fits the profile of a leecher.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

He can't take some positive criticism, huh? :)

Question: I sometimes see in posts that follow some newbie question a "+1". What does that mean?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It's basically short for "[useless post=]postcount +1".
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

There is a count for useless posts? What a funny idea :P

Thanks for the info though!
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Jeez, Eldo. Ream the guy if you want, at least you didn't ban him without a chance, but don't claim you haven't flamed him or that you're being particularly kind.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Dagda Mor wrote:but don't claim you haven't flamed him or that you're being particularly kind.
Considering how people who asked that in the past were treated, I'd say Eldo kept a relatively level head. If you thought that was flaming then you obviously haven't been here long enough...

n00b!1!!!!11ONE11!!!!
ImageImage
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Tempest wrote:
Dagda Mor wrote:but don't claim you haven't flamed him or that you're being particularly kind.
Considering how people who asked that in the past were treated, I'd say Eldo kept a relatively level head. If you thought that was flaming then you obviously haven't been here long enough...
Er, fine. . .I concede that Eldo is a hotheaded individual who's prone to flaming people who haven't got the hang of things? I mean, that does seem to be your message.
Last edited by Dagda Mor on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

expect to be flamed soon, dude. :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's not hard to read the rules. It's not hard to read the several posts where it's already been stated that we don't yet know when the release date of the next chapter is. It's pretty fucking lame to be a leecher, who only posts to ask a stupid ass question, when the answer can easily be learned with a bit of reading. Having to answer the same lame ass question a few thousand times will get on anyone's nerves, trust me.

If you're a regular poster, you can afford a stupid question every now and then. However, when you're a lazy ass leecher making your first post, just to ask when the new chapter is coming out, then you're asking to be flamed. This is a service we provide for free, because we're nice guys. We have better things to do then answer the same sorry question over and over every day, when you can look up the answer by simply reading the rules. The chapter will be posted as soon as we're done with it, and we'll even let you know it's on the way as soon as we get the scans. Until then, people shouldn't ask for the damn chapter. If anyone has a problem with this, they can get the hell out.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dagda Mor wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Er, fine. . .I concede that Eldo is a hotheaded individual who's prone to flaming people who haven't got the hang of things? I mean, that does seem to be your message.
I won't deny that I'm not hotheaded, because I kind of am, especially touchy regarding release dates. I was particularly kind to the dumbshit poster compared to many in the past and refrained from completely flaming his arse as Tempest mentioned (if you check the Interstice, you'll notice that I have toned down on flaming considerably).

As I have mentioned, no scanlation group appreciates people asking for release dates. I've been swamped with questions by PM, the webpage and IRC about next chapter release, which I, along with many other members, and probably some of the Young Animal staff don't know when it's out. I get at least one or two questions about release dates A DAY. I'm entitled to get cranky. How the fuck am I supposed to know when it's out? I only edit the manga. That doesn't make me any part of Miura's inner circle.

Sure, I made remarks about him, all which is justified. But still, not completely flaming. If you read my post, I offered him a chance, and was informative on what he did wrong. He chose to leave because he refused to abide by the rules or he got the information he wanted. Plus, as Starnum mentioned, he was not a regular and posted only to ask a stupid question, and broke several rules written in the important threads, along with the agreement in the registration which are not difficult to read. And yes, I was trying my best not to flame his arse. Also, I usually help people 'who hasn't got the hang of things'. We call those newbies. But this type we'll talking about is called a n00b.

This isn't Narutofans where we get all friendly and hug each other like care bears, and discard our brains at the door. Anyone fucks up, we respond in whatever manner we fucking want. Sure, you can write all your complaints about abuse to the leader of EG or the adminstrator of the forums, which is me and psi respectively. Not too sure if it would work though, but we do have a pretty efficient reply mechanism called sarcasm or it might get lost via sorting system called the trash can. My custom title is 'EL DiablO' for a reason.

Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Eldo wrote:This isn't Narutofans where we get all friendly and hug each other like care bears, and discard our brains at the door.
Sorry to break a serious thread but, LOL! :lol:
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Didn't really want to start a new thread. But what volumes, and chapters does the yeti looking apostle come into play. I'm looking for a particular section to show a friend (excuse my heresy for not remembering his name) The particular picture is where him and his band of convicts are riding along with all of the villagers body parts hanging from their spears. I'll be looking for it, but help could be very well used. Found out it is Bakiraka and the Black Dog Army from skullknight.net Still looking for the chapter.

EDITED TO ADD:
Volume 11 So I got it, thanks.

Thanks,
Fight.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The leader of the Black Dog Knights, (or the yeti apostle, as you call him) is named Wylde.
jenearly
imanewbie

Post by jenearly »

HIYO! Help me... XD

well, i just probably give a background... Whenever i heard of the anime berserk... i thought it was just some violent anime and never wanted to watch it until my friend kept pushing me to....

so yeah, watched it, finished it.... Then. WTF? Yeah, I went on to the torrent sites, and dled as many volumes I could. I was reading the manga for 2 days straight.. till. I reached volume 32....

Wait a sec, I thought this anime and manga was done years ago, or was I mistaken? Maybe the translation is still going on, but even so, there will always be people to translate it. I'm so confused. i don't have enough time to read all through this site... this may just be a noob question, but it is 3:37am, and I'm frustrated. :( I was really hoping to see what happened to them.... I was ready to finish the manga before i went to bed. I looked all over the internet, but no help...and the fact that I'll have to wait AGAIN.. I really thought it was finished. *sigh*
not like i'm rushing the translators, but I'm just curious. are they still making the manga?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

jenearly wrote:Wait a sec, I thought this anime and manga was done years ago, or was I mistaken? Maybe the translation is still going on, but even so, there will always be people to translate it. I'm so confused. i don't have enough time to read all through this site... this may just be a noob question, but it is 3:37am, and I'm frustrated. :( I was really hoping to see what happened to them.... I was ready to finish the manga before i went to bed. I looked all over the internet, but no help...and the fact that I'll have to wait AGAIN.. I really thought it was finished. *sigh*
not like i'm rushing the translators, but I'm just curious. are they still making the manga?
Yeah, heh, it's a n00b question, I figure since it was 3:37 am and you didn't have any time to read over the site, I'll wait a couple more hours for you to find out for yourself. Don't make me hold my breath.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

im being veeeerrry nice because i've got nothing better to do. if you want to learn about the anime and manga and everything look up the interviews with muira we have in the forum. also the manga is still being written. it is current being translated into english by darkhorse.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

wow, everyone has been very nice here
I lost the bet I made with myself

but he is a fellow berserkaholic, we need to have patience toward him

Welcome!
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

it's a "he?" thought it was a "she", after seeing the name jenearly

FightClub: the part you're looking for is around vol10-12 or 13. Hopefully, this will help your search. Btw, I could see why you would want to show that to a friend as that is one of the manga's more brutal moments especially with that poor woman.

EDIT: disregard second paragraph, didn't see edit.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Skullkracker wrote:wow, everyone has been very nice here
I lost the bet I made with myself

but he is a fellow berserkaholic, we need to have patience toward him

Welcome!

It is beautiful to see so much love in this place! :kekeke: :wink:
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Starnum wrote:The leader of the Black Dog Knights, (or the yeti apostle, as you call him) is named Wylde.
Wylde, yeah didn't we have a fight over that one? But yeah, thanks anyways Starnum.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Farla
imanewbie

Post by Farla »

I just thought I would post here and say hello to everyone. I'm more of a lurker than anything so you probably won't see much from me, but every once and a while I might come out and say something.

To those of you who work on the manga, great job! I don't read any other scans besides these, because there's never really been a manga that I've wanted to know what happens next so badly.

I'll go back into hiding now :)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

too bad you will...

the sensible newbies (that you seem to be) don't really wanna post, but some n00bs just won't stfu

but still, we are glad you like to hang around