~Moviez Of 2k6~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah I want to go out and see that one.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:BEERFEST!!!!!!!

10/10 fucking great movie!

Beer lovers, its your movie, non beer lovers, its still your movie.

What makes this movie great????

Lots and lots of BEER. Hot women, tons of sex, tons of tits, tons of beer, grandma whores, racial jokes, more beer, and the ability to make you thirsty for beer.

The movie is just pure genius. Truly a taste of what beer drinking is all about.
I am totally finding a way to get "Das Boot". I told a friend at Michigan State who hadn't seen it that even though he didn't know it, he wanted Das Boot. I loved the Gill/Phil "Landfill" joke. I thought it was genius.

"I feel like I know all of you already, so we can just skip that whole 'Getting to know each other' phase."
ImageImage
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

This is going to be an awesome month! Well, for kung-fu movies anyway. This friday, sept. 8th, The Protector (aka Tom Yum Goong) comes out. Muay Thai at its finest. Turn your brain off for the plot though...

On Sept. 22nd Jackass Number Two and Jet Li's Fearless are coming out. I cant wait.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Musa the warrior: 8/10 Pretty good action.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gaiseric wrote: Turn your brain off for the plot though...
That's what I always do, even when i am supposed to use it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:This is going to be an awesome month! Well, for kung-fu movies anyway. This friday, sept. 8th, The Protector (aka Tom Yum Goong) comes out. Muay Thai at its finest. Turn your brain off for the plot though...

On Sept. 22nd Jackass Number Two and Jet Li's Fearless are coming out. I cant wait.
I thought you had already seen those movies?

They are pretty old.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I have seen both Tom Yum Goong and Fearless. Thats not going to stop me from seeing them in the theater, good movies deserve my money. I am a fan of kung fu movies and asian movies in general, so i am going to support them by seeing the handful that make it to theaters in the US. Plus, seeing movies in the theater is a different experience, and I am interested in seeing how the dub is.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah the dub is going to be pretty weird because Tom Yum Goong is in english for like 75% of the time anyway.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Engrish.

I would have preferred subs.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:I have seen both Tom Yum Goong and Fearless. Thats not going to stop me from seeing them in the theater, good movies deserve my money. I am a fan of kung fu movies and asian movies in general, so i am going to support them by seeing the handful that make it to theaters in the US. Plus, seeing movies in the theater is a different experience, and I am interested in seeing how the dub is.
Heh i thought they had been in theater in US already.

I would see any martial art movie in the cinema, those two movies would be an easy choice for me.

But sadly the fricking swedish cinema gives us 100000 b-movies like Scary Movie from Hollywood but they dont think people wanna see new Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

TONY JAA is fucking awesome! i saw the protector and man was it good. the story wasn't bad (as many martial art films are) and the muay thai is just amazing. it was so beautiful and unique. the cinematography was interesting, and the score wast bad either. but by far the best part was tony jaa. he is one of my new heros!

way to go tony jaa!!

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Fuji Nagase wrote:TONY JAA is fucking awesome! i saw the protector and man was it good. the story wasn't bad (as many martial art films are) and the muay thai is just amazing. it was so beautiful and unique. the cinematography was interesting, and the score wast bad either. but by far the best part was tony jaa. he is one of my new heros!

way to go tony jaa!!
Ong Bak was a great movie, Tony Jaa is made of legend and win. I have to see the Protector, like OB, I'm guessing the story is mediocre but the action is god. yes, God.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Saw Miami Vice.
Nothing special, quite predictable.
Good soundtrack though!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Fuji Nagase wrote:TONY JAA is fucking awesome! i saw the protector and man was it good. the story wasn't bad (as many martial art films are) and the muay thai is just amazing. it was so beautiful and unique. the cinematography was interesting, and the score wast bad either. but by far the best part was tony jaa. he is one of my new heros!

way to go tony jaa!!
Agreed. Tony Jaa is amazing! I love muay thai too, other fighting styles are real flashy and entertaining to watch, but muay thai is just no nonsense ass kicking. Its great.

I also saw Miami Vice and I really enjoyed it. Yeah, the story was predictable, but I am a fan of brutal violence. I want that freaking .50 caliber sniper rifle!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Meh I hate dubs, I seen the protector a year or so ago, watched it 3 times so far, I would buy it on dvd thats how crazy it is.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Ong-bak was a lot better, though both stories are retarded, Ong-bak's was a little less retarded. Really now, The Protector is about a man and his elephant. A fucking elephant.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

You are a moron. Do you know anything about Thailand? Elephants are very important to the Thai people. Besides, the stories in both TYM and OB are just reasons for Tony Jaa to kick some ass.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gaiseric wrote:You are a moron. Do you know anything about Thailand? Elephants are very important to the Thai people.
they did say that in the movie like 100 times. I think the story is weird but better then Ong Bak. A budda head disappeared and they all caught disease and started dieing.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Malvado wrote:
Gaiseric wrote:You are a moron. Do you know anything about Thailand? Elephants are very important to the Thai people.
they did say that in the movie like 100 times. I think the story is weird but better then Ong Bak. A budda head disappeared and they all caught disease and started dieing.
Yes. this is what i was talking about! i even heard that Tony Jaa's family even owns elephants. and there was no dubbing btw. no wires, no stunt doubles. just pure and ungodly fighting skillz.

i also heard that while being passed around in europe and to america, the love story in the protector was cut out. i personally think it was a good choice. i hate it when they ruin a perfectly good movie, with not so bad characters, by putting in the fuck scenes! i liked the characters more this way.

i havent seen all of Ong Bak yet! i even have it rented so i can, once i get less busy... lets hope it will be soon.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Saw 3, dont know if anyone has posted this yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbr2yyrPO0w&NR

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

A third part? OMG
Now I have to go and see the second too...

Btw the parody in Scary Movie 4 had me rofl...
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Ong Bak was very good, but I feel the fighting in Tom Yum Goong(the Protector) was way cooler and more extensive(and he fought people who could fight! Instead of retards in Ong Bak). Was really blown away in how awesome the fighting was in some parts(the 4 minutes straight uncut 4 levels fighting against 100s of dudes was good), and alot more elaborate(Ong Bak was more impressive in his agility, but the fights were better in this.

Me and my brother(Liibaax) was so awe struck by his fight with the Capoeira dude that we rewind the scene(which one never does) just to see it. The end fight was so frigging brutal too.

Regarding the stories, the one in Ong Bak was waaay cheesier, and his lack of acting skills were more noticeable there, but the story in both are ok in fighting films standard, ispecially Tom Yum Goong which the story was atleast more realistic.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I still haven't seen Idlewild.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Fuji Nagase wrote:
Malvado wrote:
Yes. this is what i was talking about! i even heard that Tony Jaa's family even owns elephants. and there was no dubbing btw. no wires, no stunt doubles. just pure and ungodly fighting skillz.

i also heard that while being passed around in europe and to america, the love story in the protector was cut out. i personally think it was a good choice. i hate it when they ruin a perfectly good movie, with not so bad characters, by putting in the fuck scenes! i liked the characters more this way.

i havent seen all of Ong Bak yet! i even have it rented so i can, once i get less busy... lets hope it will be soon.
I think Ong Bak is better so you have to see it now!

Except the capoiera fight and the bone breaking orgy at the end of this movie the rest wasnt nearly as good as Ong Bak fights.

The inline skaters fight was lame.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The Capoeira fight was amazing, very well done.

But Ong Bak TAH WARRIA, is better, nothing beat atomic taxis exploding and burning legs kicking motorcicle drivers.