Berserk Chapter: 279

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Thanks for the chapter :thumb:

That poor fella in the castle is pissing his pants :lol:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Thank you, it's cool...

so what now, will the battle just keep going without Guts and friends?
That sucks

Do you guys think that Ganishka was originally hell bent on sweeping the city away, or was he just pissed off by his encounter with the Dragonslayer?
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

I'm for the "is pissed off" scenario. It's just the impression Im getting while watching his face. Since he got totally owned :nosebleed:
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Brainpiercing wrote:Have to say, though, this chapter is a classical diversion. It doesn't show us what we want to see at all.
What?! Lately all I hear is "Wahh! The story isn't progressing! What about Griffith?" And now when you're presented with a chapter that is moving the story forward you whine about it. The next few chapters will probably answer the questions of

A) What has Griffith been up to
B) How is the pope playing into the series
C) How is the war going with the Kushan army
D) When will Griffith take the next step towards getting his own kingdom.

Gah! You people drive me nuts sometimes :P

EDIT - Oh, and once again thanks for all the hard work EG :worship:
Last edited by BigSassy on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boffen
imanewbie

Post by boffen »

Just wanna say thanks a lot for the release!
Weltall
imanewbie

Post by Weltall »

i hope it's not another 2 months or longer for another chapter...

thanks to the EG crew for the release!!
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Skullkracker wrote:Thank you, it's cool...

so what now, will the battle just keep going without Guts and friends?
That sucks

Do you guys think that Ganishka was originally hell bent on sweeping the city away, or was he just pissed off by his encounter with the Dragonslayer?
I think both. Obviously he had intent on that city, otherwise he wouldn't have invaded. Yet to get a big DS to the cranium (so to speak) probably didn't help soothe his natural evilness. You've seen how he works, I don't think he just knocks on the doors and goes,
"Keys please, LOL!"
BigSassy wrote:[
What?! Lately all I hear is "Wahh! The story isn't progressing! What about Griffith?" And now when you're presented with a chapter that is moving the story forward you whine about it. The next few chapters will probably answer the questions of

A) What has Griffith been up to
B) How is the pope playing into the series
C) How is the war going with the Kushan army
D) When will Griffith take the next step towards getting his own kingdom.

Gah! You people drive me nuts sometimes :P
:
I'll agree with you for the most part, yet I particularly (Don't know about your poster) still admit this is a diversion. Miura's done them before, and I don't view them as bad things. He's just focusing on smaller aspects to tell something complete, and figured if he needed time to make the next episode worth it, he might as well flesh out the story more. And agreed, there's way too much bitching.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Eldo wrote:Well, I think it's amazing how much detail Miura draws in. You can feel how massive the scale of the Kushan army is, the overwhelming numbers and stuff.

And also, I dedicate these releases to Steve Irwin...well, no, not really. Miura should have the sense to have some last minute insertions for some Kushan crocodiles. I'll miss him though.
Unfortunately, the chapter was already being finalized at the time of the incident, and it was to late for any additions. So instead, the next issue will include guts battling against a giant stingray.

Er, anyway, too bad it was a shorter chapter but I can understand given the level of detail. And by the looks of it, we're moving Silas's story along, which IMO ought to be good. All in all, I'm pretty sure something's going to interfere with the battle in the next issue.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Weltall wrote:i hope it's not another 2 months or longer for another chapter...
I know what you mean, but it's only been a month since the last release, not 2. *shrugs* It always feels longer than it really is though.
Dagda Mor wrote:All in all, I'm pretty sure something's going to interfere with the battle in the next issue.
Yeah, the Neo Band of the Hawk, I'm sure. :P
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

thanks as always for the chapter... not a whole lot to talk about except for the new scar on the emperor... he's not gonna be happy when he sees Guts next.

Especially if this battle goes south since its directly tied to Guts and the scoobie crew wiping out the pre-invasion force.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Dagda Mor wrote:All in all, I'm pretty sure something's going to interfere with the battle in the next issue.
That what's his mane "prince of persia" may be a liability too. I wonder if he is up to something...
coungpow
imanewbie

Post by coungpow »

Thanks, you guys are awsome another great chapter
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks for an awesome chapter, guys and keep up the good work.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Skullkracker wrote:
That what's his mane "prince of persia" may be a liability too. I wonder if he is up to something...
I'm pretty sure he is. I doubt he'll make any "massive" intervention at this moment, his fear of Ganishka and loyalty to his name exceed his need to "open his mind" at the moment.
dylec
imanewbie

Post by dylec »

Thanks for the translation.
I feel the pian for drawing those huge number of soldiers on the field. The emperor is sure determine to take over the city.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I'm wondering how bad Guts hurt ganishika. He keeps holding his forehead so I wonder if thre is a scar or burn or just some kind of mark there...I wanna see! ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
panasonic

Post by panasonic »

thx for the release EG
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

My impression is Ganishika's got one hell of a splitting headache, no pun intended.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thanks guys!

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I ... think I'll just send my remark to the stupid theories...
High Duke
imanewbie

Post by High Duke »

Hello. I have some problems with opening rar file of the torrent. It happens only on your torrents, and it started few chapters ago. So I was wondering if someone could maybe upload the chapter to somewhere where I could dowload it without torrent, like you with caouple of latest chapters, or just email me torrent file unRARed. My mail is ajduk.high.duke@gmail.com

Grateful in advance,

High Duke
rince
imanewbie

Post by rince »

I'm wondering how bad Guts hurt ganishika. He keeps holding his forehead so I wonder if thre is a scar or burn or just some kind of mark there...I wanna see! ^_^
I think his astral body is damaged which affects his physical body (scars, headache, etc). Maybe now he can't take his thunder monster form. And so Griffith might be able to defeat him now, probably when he interferes with the battle. Well, these are my speculations.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

High Duke wrote:Hello. I have some problems with opening rar file of the torrent. It happens only on your torrents, and it started few chapters ago. So I was wondering if someone could maybe upload the chapter to somewhere where I could dowload it without torrent, like you with caouple of latest chapters, or just email me torrent file unRARed. My mail is ajduk.high.duke@gmail.com

Grateful in advance,

High Duke
Tried the direct downloads? You can find them somewhere, not sure if they're still in .rar, I specifically use WinRAR to open my archives, it's free to download, got a trial, but you can still use it, just annoying pop ups after it expires.

I use Azureus for downloading the torrents, might want to try that.

Looks like a leading into a cool looking chapter, epic battles are always the shit, and it looks like it's going to be some good manslaying, a relief after all of that apostle business, unless King Grithen jumps in. Only regret is that the 100 man slayer wont be center field for this one.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

High Duke wrote:Hello. I have some problems with opening rar file of the torrent. It happens only on your torrents, and it started few chapters ago. So I was wondering if someone could maybe upload the chapter to somewhere where I could dowload it without torrent, like you with caouple of latest chapters, or just email me torrent file unRARed. My mail is ajduk.high.duke@gmail.com

Grateful in advance,

High Duke
Get the latest version of Winrar and try again. I have heard of this before, and that seemed to be the best solution.

I started using the new version of Winrar a couple months ago, so try unrar it with the latest winrar version. If that doesn't work, try other archive programs.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

i wasn't going to answer because it sounded like the person didn't know what a torrent file is nor what to do with it.

A better suggestion is to use BT on the torrent, then unrar the file that is retrieved.